OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Were you high the first time?

No and now I am looking at them differently. They look better as an entire unit. If you single out one player and analyze everything about what doesn't match they look bad.

But they match better if you look at them together because they match, together.

Boys i'm buzzzzzin

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
No and now I am looking at them differently. They look better as an entire unit. If you single out one player and analyze everything about what doesn't match they look bad.

But they match better if you look at them together because they match, together.

Boys i'm buzzzzzin

tenor.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The only way to "fix" the current road jersey for the time being is to make the lower burgundy strip along the hem blue. It could be fixed long term, but it would need new shoulders and the elimination of the mountain striping maybe. I've seen some of the designs some of the folks on this board have done in mockups and they are amazing.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The silver-only striping on the aways was incoherent already before the gear change, but now it's just really apparent.

A blue stripe, be it by itself or under the silver one, would make the set coherent along with the blue numbering. I'm not saying it's going to look rip roaring awesome, but it would make this a coherent set of jerseys.

The home/away coloring should have mirrored each other from the beginning, and that's the problem that we have here now.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's unfortunate but this year our throwbacks are my favorite set. So glad they'll be using it for the outdoor game.

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
I'm curious if anyone with photoshop skills could add the blue stripe back to the mountain trim with the new pants and glove combo.

I don't like the current away look, but I think the issue is with the jersey itself, not necessarily the colour. As it's been mentioned several times, there isn't enough blue in the jersey for this to work. It looks out of place.

Things I'd be curious to see if it'd improve the look:

- Blue stripe returned to mountain trim
- Blue numbers with, silver piping and burgandy trim (or some combination of this)
- 2 or 3 coulored gloves. (instead of solid blue, maybe adding some burgandy and a splash of white or silver)

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I'm curious if anyone with photoshop skills could add the blue stripe back to the mountain trim with the new pants and glove combo.

I don't like the current away look, but I think the issue is with the jersey itself, not necessarily the colour. As it's been mentioned several times, there isn't enough blue in the jersey for this to work. It looks out of place.

Things I'd be curious to see if it'd improve the look:

- Blue stripe returned to mountain trim
- Blue numbers with, silver piping and burgandy trim (or some combination of this)
- 2 or 3 coulored gloves. (instead of solid blue, maybe adding some burgandy and a splash of white or silver)
Ok, last mockup from me. I did a comparison from current road, to only blue equipment, to blue equipment and added arm stripe. I think it goes ok, good, best in that same order. Absolutely love the blue equipment and added arm stripe.

pX3jgJB.png

Charles did in the "Incoming Nordiques Jersey" thread. There's more in that thread too.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
@UncleRisto

Here it is with the blue stripe instead of gray.

2DeH19N.png

@MartinSkoulYa

Here it is with gray stripe, blue strip, and blue numbers. This clearly is the best look and the blue gear looks AMAZING. The issue all along was never the blue pants, it was the lack of blue in the sweater. Hopefully they make these tweaks to better match the gear.

0haFZuK.png
Yep, that checks out.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
And then this one is an ode to the cup teams with black numbers, silver piping and black trim around the numbers

cup.png

STILL looks way more balanced. I think the blue returning around the mountain trim is KEY, you can probably do whatever you want after that.

Reactions: ToruKadri

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Here's my numbers take on the Rantanen pic above. Again Paint abomination

blue2.png
I'd go with just one thicker burgandy outline around the numbers, but that’s my opinion. I'd also like to see gloves be burgundy with a white cuff and blue lettering, and the "Ball" logo be the right shade of Avs blue too.

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
For the Home versions, I'd add a white mountain stripe, blue stripe around the white numbers. I'd go with burgundy helmets, and burgundy gloves with a white cuff and blue lettering, and keep the blue pants.

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
Really starting to think that maybe it's the jersey design that needs to be tweaked

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

I think something like this helps break it up a bit on the homes

Last edited:

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Really starting to think that maybe it's the jersey design that needs to be tweaked

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

I think something like this helps break it up a bit on the homes

I was toying with a similar idea for the roads. Keep the mountains but add a hem stripe to separate the blue and burgundy. Stay tuned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad