OT: Blue Jays Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Although, like Szczur stated anyone can hit 400-foot home runs in batting practice.

In my opinion Tebow is definitely a good athlete at the end of the day though.

Otherwise I have no real opinion on him playing baseball until I witness him in a game.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Although, like Szczur stated anyone can hit 400-foot home runs in batting practice.

In my opinion Tebow is definitely a good athlete at the end of the day though.

Otherwise I have no real opinion on him playing baseball until I witness him in a game.

I always think of Dennis Haysbert at the start of Major League (a great movie for baseball fans). Pounding out the home runs in BP and can't touch a curve ball. :laugh:

Doesn't really hurt much to sign Tebow. My guess is he plays winter ball and then throws in the towel.

Those TD Fan Power ads are really trying too hard.

Last edited:

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
i've got a bad feeling about this team. I think this slump they are currently in is far from over and by the time they get out of it, they are gonna be out of the race. I hope I'm wrong, but something just doesn't seem right about them. Such a shame too, so much talent, so deep, and nothing is going right.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Hope the Red Sox smoke them their 1st game to wake them up. Either that or they will get dominated at this rate.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Next three games will decide the season I think. If we get down more than a game to Boston the way we are performing I don't think we will be able to regain control of the division.

The home crowd always seems to help the Jays though, I thought they were dead in the water last year in the ALDS and they became a new team at home.

Cannot wait for this weekend series

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Red Sox won. Jays are a game back now.

Pitching matchups favour the Red Sox in two of the three games.

Porcello/Estrada on Friday and Pomeranz/Dickey on Sunday advantage Red Sox.

Rodriguez/Happ on Saturday advantage Jays.

Last edited:

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Red Sox won. Jays are a game back now.

Pitching matchups favour the Red Sox in two of the three games.

Porcello/Estrada on Friday and Pomeranz/Dickey on Sunday advantage Jays.

Rodriguez/Happ on Saturday advantage Jays.

Except it's going to be Sanchez on Sunday and not Dickey, so I'd say that's a pretty clear flip and easily favors the Jays 2-1.

Estrada is the wild card since when he's on he could make that pitching matchup a wash, but the last few games he either hasn't been sharp at all or is really sharp until he gets hit hard one random inning.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Except it's going to be Sanchez on Sunday and not Dickey, so I'd say that's a pretty clear flip and easily favors the Jays 2-1.

Estrada is the wild card since when he's on he could make that pitching matchup a wash, but the last few games he either hasn't been sharp at all or is really sharp until he gets hit hard one random inning.

Fair enough.

Estrada has got to be really on to make the matchup a wash. The last couple three weeks Porcello has overtaken Happ as the front runner for the Cy Young in the AL.

Agreed on Estrada in the recent past.

Oct 15, 2008
Lack of discipline at the plate. Swinging at balls in the dirt, way too many strikeouts. Now it looks like Martin is hurt. Not good.

When the jays are producing runs they have good at bats, they don't swing at junk and make the opposing pitcher throw strikes, they run up the pitch count.

They aren't doing any of that anymore. They are all trying to go yard. Gibbons is mediocre at best.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Im just as concerned with Happ right now too. That arm has looked dead the last few starts. All this talk about Sanchez needing to skip starts when Happ is the guy who actually looks like he might be able to benefit from one.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Lack of discipline at the plate. Swinging at balls in the dirt, way too many strikeouts. Now it looks like Martin is hurt. Not good.

When the jays are producing runs they have good at bats, they don't swing at junk and make the opposing pitcher throw strikes, they run up the pitch count.

They aren't doing any of that anymore. They are all trying to go yard. Gibbons is mediocre at best.

Such a shame about Martin. He hurt the same knee he tweaked slipping in the shower at the end of July. Praise Shapiro for trading for Navarro. Could you imagine if Thole was the only option with Martin hurt? :amazed:

Plate discipline is really a problem. Bautista has noticeably gone down on that front this season.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Totally agree. Some pretty unflattering batting averages on this team. Way too many guys going for the big shot. Smoak is a prime example. A terrible hitter with some power.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Really quiet night in the bigs. Only six night games tonight. Guess nobody wants to compete with the first night of the NFL season.

Tebow signed with the Mets. The Jays will rue the day they missed out on that prospect. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad