OT: Blue Jays Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
What can we expect from Sanchez today? Sanchez back from a 10 day break in the minors.

Tulo and Martin back in the lineup at least.

Yankee's winning 8 of their last 12.

KidAnger

Sep 12, 2015
Edmonton
What can we expect from Sanchez today? Sanchez back from a 10 day break in the minors.

Tulo and Martin back in the lineup at least.

Yankee's winning 8 of their last 12.

This is Sanchez's 2nd start after the break.

He beat the Orioles a week ago.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Well they could always keep him and take the bats away from the young guys while paying out the whole 22 million, all while in last place.
If you're paying all his salary anyway, why not use him as YOUR fourth outfielder and still give all those at bats to your kids? Unless you don't want him around your kids for some reason...

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If you're paying all his salary anyway, why not use him as YOUR fourth outfielder and still give all those at bats to your kids? Unless you don't want him around your kids for some reason...

I'm still trying to figure out why he changed his name from BJ to Melvin.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Yeah it sucks to see them lose a tight one like that. They did not need to crank the ball, just squeeze a run in, I thought Pillar would but good game for sure.

3-5 in their last 8 is not good.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yeah it sucks to see them lose a tight one like that. They did not need to crank the ball, just squeeze a run in, I thought Pillar would but good game for sure.

That's the biggest issue I have with the Jays offense. They are not very good situational hitters. When you have the bases loaded and 1 out you have to at least put the ball in play.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
That's the biggest issue I have with the Jays offense. They are not very good situational hitters. When you have the bases loaded and 1 out you have to at least put the ball in play.

I am still in shock Upton did his part. That's when I believed the Jays could do the comeback. Barely but he did.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

They were last year, that's the frustrating thing with this year's edition.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
They lose back to back series against Tampa and NYY. They can redeem themselves against Tampa next week I guess, I am counting on Boston to take this next series.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
They were last year, that's the frustrating thing with this year's edition.

No, I'd say it was an issue last year too. They live and die by the long ball and when you face a good pitcher that often gets neutralized. They lost game 6 against the Royals with the tying run on 3rd and 1 out to end their season last year too.

Tomorrow is a must win or they'll be lucky to come out of the Red Sox series atop the division.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
No, I'd say it was an issue last year too. They live and die by the long ball and when you face a good pitcher that often gets neutralized. They lost game 6 against the Royals with the tying run on 3rd and 1 out to end their season last year too.

Tomorrow is a must win or they'll be lucky to come out of the Red Sox series atop the division.

At least it was an issue in the post-season last year. The Jays were getting timely hits in the stretch run last year.

At least the Red Sox aren't stepping up either. The Red Sox just can't bring runs across. They have stranded five runners through three so far.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

They struggled with situational hitting against Texas too, that's why they lost the first two at home and probably would have lost game 5 as well if Texas hadn't done the ultimate choke job. It makes life even tougher for them when fall rolls around and the air is heavier and the ball doesn't fly out like it does in the summer time.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
That's why it was a blessing when Travis returned from injury, he has the best batting average because he doesn't go for homeruns every time.

He would easily be 4th or 5th in runs on this team if it weren't for that injury because he makes it to 1st base or 2nd base. If him and the team pick it up he'll make the top 5 on the Jays in runs easily.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Should be a good pitching matchup tonight for the Jays.

Yanks are starting Mitchell. Only 21 innings all year for this guy in the minors. 0-3 lifetime in the majors.

Stroman has been pitching well, but he needs run support. May was the last time the Jays won one of his starts with less than four runs scored. Hopefully the bats are alive tonight.

Bautista picked an unfortunate year to get hurt and be cold at the plate. He'll still get his money as a free agent, but his season has made it that much easier for the Jays to prioritize their spending on Edwin.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Apparently Smoak has the worst average in MLB with the bases juiced. Not a big fan to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad