OT: Blue Jays part 4 Jays and the off season begins Dickey Says "goodbye?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2016
I'm going to feel so bad for Cubs fans if they blow this. I've had my heart broken by the Oilers before, but this…this would be like Wide Right, No Goal, Bill Bucker and Steve Bartman all rolled up into one heart-stabbing soul-crushing, ledge-jumping mother of all losses.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I'm going to feel so bad for Cubs fans if they blow this. I've had my heart broken by the Oilers before, but this…this would be like Wide Right, No Goal, Bill Bucker and Steve Bartman all rolled up into one heart-stabbing soul-crushing, ledge-jumping mother of all losses.

I hear you. But at least it's against the Indians who haven't won in a super long time as well.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I hear you. But at least it's against the Indians who haven't won in a super long time as well.

yea but once again that loser Lebron. I am just give you some hometown chatter cause i know enough people from there. He is the guy that is really making people hate the Indians.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lindor is like a modern day Ozzie Smith. What a play. And Chapman coming out to pitch the 9th. Did Maddon put money down on the Indians because he has done his damndest to serve this WS crown on a platinum platter to Cleveland.

Indians got this now, the curse will live on.

Sep 26, 2016

For sure. The city of Cleveland definitely has some long-suffering folklore going on for them too. Especially with the Browns. Either way one win-starved fan base is going to be really happy tonight.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Lindor is like a modern day Ozzie Smith. What a play. And Chapman coming out to pitch the 9th. Did Maddon put money down on the Indians because he has done his damndest to serve this WS crown on a platinum platter to Cleveland.

Indians got this now, the curse will live on.

just classic mistakes that even someone learning the game would know not to do. This isn't armchair quarterbacking I mean you just know Chapman's not going to have his best stuff. You have other guys just as good as him in relief roles.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I know. Kipnis has had a helluva series. Woulda been a picture perfect ending to a World Series MVP for him.

Hometown (or close enough) kid, man!!!

but this rain is the only thing that could take an effect on Shaw talking to a guy who the highest he made to triple A he said if you hit the 35-40 pitch mark anything close to an hour or more can kill you even the strongest guys.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
That strike out bunt in the 9th....that was a perfect pitch for at least a sac fly. I'm not sure Baez squared on his own accord or if that was a call, but either way it was a terrible decision to try to bunt with 2 strikes with what would have been the winning run 90 feet away.

Bizarre managing decisions by Maddon.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
That strike out bunt in the 9th....that was a perfect pitch for at least a sac fly. I'm not sure Baez squared on his own accord or if that was a call, but either way it was a terrible decision to try to bunt with 2 strikes with what would have been the winning run 90 feet away.

Bizarre managing decisions by Maddon.

The thing about Madden which is his m.o. is that he says he likes the guys to play the game make decisions, and have fun.

I like Francona you play people to what there strengths are.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
The thing about Madden which is his m.o. is that he says he likes the guys to play the game make decisions, and have fun.

I like Francona you play people to what there strengths are.

Maddon is going to suffer a lot of second guessing.

Green lighting the bunt with two strikes was a very, very interesting call. Definitely not orthodox managing.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Off-topic, but this thread is alive:

Can anyone find the game tomorrow (Oilers/Rangers) scheduled on any channel? 5:00pm start time, need to set a recording. Can't find it anywhere.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
just classic mistakes that even someone learning the game would know not to do. This isn't armchair quarterbacking I mean you just know Chapman's not going to have his best stuff. You have other guys just as good as him in relief roles.

Took Hendricks out to early and should have let Lester go one more with two out and 4 outs away from a title.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
This Fox panel is like the deplorables of all-time baseball players.

Pete Rose - degenerate gambler.
ARod - proven liar and cheat.
Frank Thomas - known clubhouse cancer.

But these guys all know a helluva lot about baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad