OT: Blue Jays part 4 Jays and the off season begins Dickey Says "goodbye?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Took Hendricks out to early and should have let Lester go one more with two out and 4 outs away from a title.

The reason why it's such a mistake is this (for you non baseball fans)

a) late innings with a close game (which this is game 7 of a world series- 108 years haven't one, curses, Bartman, ect, ect)you don't have ANY PITCHER who strong arm, weak arm could be susceptible to a homerun. This is where lets say your the Bluejays and your in the same situation (hopefully one day) you come in with (a starter) Estrada/Stroman, or Biagini, but you don't come with GRILLI or OSUNA (especially if both have worked the day before or days before). Get guys who hit ground balls your going to need 6-7 guys beat you to get three runs, maybe even more. You get one guy on a hr and it's a close game. STUPID STUPID decision.

b) The other one is statistics. You just go off past performances. If a guy doesn't pitch WELL for more than 3 innings or deep in a game you take him out. HUNDREDS OF GUYS FROM Pedro Martinez, Mariano Rivera, Mitch Williams were all used way to much.

If I was a pitcher for the Cubs I would ask for a trade in the offseason.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Took Hendricks out to early and should have let Lester go one more with two out and 4 outs away from a title.

Both surprising moves. First he said he'd only bring Lester in to start an inning. Didn't do that. Second, after using Chapman as much as he did last night it was a gamble using him for four outs. I would have saved him for the ninth just so he wouldn't cool off between innings. Asking him to go out, record an out, then go back again was pretty risky. Turns out he didn't even have enough in the tank for that.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This Fox panel is like the deplorables of all-time baseball players.

Pete Rose - degenerate gambler.
ARod - proven liar and cheat.
Frank Thomas - known clubhouse cancer.

But these guys all know a helluva lot about baseball.

Lol, awesome.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
This must be far too stressful for fans of these teams. I know I can't watch a tight scoring Jays game without me close to fainting.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The reason why it's such a mistake is this (for you non baseball fans)

a) late innings with a close game (which this is game 7 of a world series- 108 years haven't one, curses, Bartman, ect, ect)you don't have ANY PITCHER who strong arm, weak arm could be susceptible to a homerun. This is where lets say your the Bluejays and your in the same situation (hopefully one day) you come in with (a starter) Estrada/Stroman, or Biagini, but you don't come with GRILLI or OSUNA (especially if both have worked the day before or days before). Get guys who hit ground balls your going to need 6-7 guys beat you to get three runs, maybe even more. You get one guy on a hr and it's a close game. STUPID STUPID decision.

b) The other one is statistics. You just go off past performances. If a guy doesn't pitch WELL for more than 3 innings or deep in a game you take him out. HUNDREDS OF GUYS FROM Pedro Martinez, Mariano Rivera, Mitch Williams were all used way to much.

If I was a pitcher for the Cubs I would ask for a trade in the offseason.

Montgomery has been money too. If he was going to take out Lester, he should have put him in to mop up the last out of the 8th and let Chapman come in with clean bases in the 9th. Pitching him in a 9-3 game last night when he wasn't needed, again just full dumbass mode.

Damn, Bryant just missed that one.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Both surprising moves. First he said he'd only bring Lester in to start an inning. Didn't do that. Second, after using Chapman as much as he did last night it was a gamble using him for four outs. I would have saved him for the ninth just so he wouldn't cool off between innings. Asking him to go out, record an out, then go back again was pretty risky. Turns out he didn't even have enough in the tank for that.

Baffling decisions to say the least.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Yep, Zobrist is incredible, Maddon was talking before the game about how he's the most professional hitter they have, perfect guy to have up in that situation, been here before

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
Wow, Sportsnet Now online streaming has crapped out at thebeginning of this inning. Just **** Rogers and Sportsnet, like seriously. *******s.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
8-6 bases loaded… I want to say that's game but the way this has played out so far you never know!

I feel like this old Nintendo where in hockey or baseball you would just go back and forth and get runs. This is game mode now...hahaha hopefully your buddy didn't pause it switch it to easy mode...Maddens going to need 6 run lead to not mess this... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad