OT: Blue Jays part 4 Jays and the off season begins Dickey Says "goodbye?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Schwarber not cleared to play the field in game three tonight.

Considering he reached base five of his nine plate appearances in the first two games that's a pretty big loss. He is a huge bat to come in off the bench in a tight game.

Just hoping for a close game tonight.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Schwarber not cleared to play the field in game three tonight.

Considering he reached base five of his nine plate appearances in the first two games that's a pretty big loss. He is a huge bat to come in off the bench in a tight game.

Just hoping for a close game tonight.

Now they can save him for an important pinch hit situation.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Now they can save him for an important pinch hit situation.

Yeah. Too risky with the ACL not fully healed to put him in the outfield.

The pitching in this series is amazing. Such old school baseball.

The Cubs are playing with fire. Eventually the Indians will cash in.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
End of the line for the Cubs tonight? Indians up 1-0 in the second inning. Cubs playing from behind again. This series has gone pretty much the way I expected it too. I can only assume all those so-called experts who were predicting a Cubs coronation didn't bother watching the Indians play at all in the post season. I don't think I've ever seen so many media guys get it this wrong since the Reds swept the A's in 1990.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
This is going to be one of the biggest game 7s of all time. I'm super excited for tomorrow night.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
This is going to be one of the biggest game 7s of all time. I'm super excited for tomorrow night.

Yeah. Should be great.

Really comes down to two pitchers. Can Kluber keep spinning his magic two consecutive starts on short rest? Has Chapman been used too much in the last few games?

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think Cleveland has really squandered a golden opportunity to win this series. Not very inspiring efforts in the last two games, especially last night. Their outfield looked worse than the Jays outfield. I can't help but wonder if they let up a bit knowing that they had Kluber in game seven if it got that far. Big mistake if they did, he's going on short rest for the second time in the series and now this will be the Cubs third look at him.

I've backed the Indians all series long but I think they're finished now. I think the Cubs bats get to Kluber early and win this one easily. Cubs finally break their curse and end the drought.

Oct 15, 2008
I think Cleveland has really squandered a golden opportunity to win this series. Not very inspiring efforts in the last two games, especially last night. Their outfield looked worse than the Jays outfield. I can't help but wonder if they let up a bit knowing that they had Kluber in game seven if it got that far. Big mistake if they did, he's going on short rest for the second time in the series and now this will be the Cubs third look at him.

I've backed the Indians all series long but I think they're finished now. I think the Cubs bats get to Kluber early and win this one easily. Cubs finally break their curse and end the drought.

Kluber and Miller bury the Cubs.

And you will feel shame.

And you should feel shame.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

hope not the best thing in sports is a good curse

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

The error that lead to the Cubs' second and third runs was on Tyler Naquin. Naquin has been benched and Rajai Davis is in. Much better glove and a slightly better bat.

I think Kluber should be fine on short rest. He knew he might have to make two starts in this series on short rest. The extra day off for these guys is more a mental preparation issue than a physical issue. Tito limited Kluber's pitch count in games one and four so it should not be an issue.

The Cubbies are in more trouble with Chapman. Not sure why Maddon used him so long last night.

Time will tell, but one hella long championship drought will be ended in about 8 hours time!

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Kluber and Miller bury the Cubs.

And you will feel shame.

And you should feel shame.

might have to retract what you said lol. Baseball is the one sport that if you see a guy enough you figure them out. I have seen the all time greats figured out in the post season.

Sep 26, 2016
Barring an epic collapse, Wrigleyville is going to be insane tonight. Wish I could be there for the party.

edit: 5-3! Ruh roh

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Barring an epic collapse, Wrigleyville is going to be insane tonight. Wish I could be there for the party.

edit: 5-3! Ruh roh

Joe Madden makes John Gibbons look like a hall of fame bench coach. Ever since Tampa Bay he second guesses so many decisions.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Joe Madden makes John Gibbons look like a hall of fame bench coach. Ever since Tampa Bay he second guesses so many decisions.

Ross is brutal. I wonder if this out of the ordinary decision to bring in Lester and his personal catcher is going to cost them a World Series. Where would that decision end up in the folklore?

Edit:LOL, just as I finish typing this Ross goes deep. What a wild game. Don't turn away until the final out of the ninth.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011

Ross is brutal. I wonder if this out of the ordinary decision to bring in Lester and his personal catcher is going to cost them a World Series. Where would that decision end up in the folklore?

Edit:LOL, just as I finish typing this Ross goes deep. What a wild game. Don't turn away until the final out of the ninth.

It goes to show you the blueprint that KC used with going to there relievers early in a game is a short lived template. If you have the horses it's great, but I personally think Shaw should have been used as much as Miller, probably only over sight, but pitching is something that can fall off very quickly and as much as you trust a guy you can look like a hero (Baumgartner) and look like a chump (Pedro Martinez) when you leave a guy out there to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad