OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Cut Bowman and save the $. Better off taking a chance on a younger player with Dressler set to retire soon as well. At least make some effort to find a future #1.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think they were purposely trying to lose. What’s with all the tomfoolery inside the Lions 10?

None

Feb 22, 2012
In hindsight there were signs the offense was going to sputter right on the first scoring drive. Adams dropping the pass right into his hands and even the big play to Wolitarsky was underthrown. The pass to Wolitarsky would've been a TD had it been in stride.

I don't mind most of the offensive playcalling, but I think they might be trying too hard to get Demski touches.

The defense is another story. The tying play was the softest zone I think I've seen played that close to the endzone. Can't have all but 2 guys in the secondary dropping all the way back into the endzone. With Lulay not being a threat to run at all this game it was unnecessary to have Bighill pressuring at the line.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Andrew Harris had 168 total yards, 139 on rushing.

He touched the ball 17 times, and had 13 carries. 13 carries, while averaging a first down a carry. And then you hope your "bend don't break" defense doesn't reek of ineptitude again - but of course, they did.

• Handed the ball off the Andrew Harris 14(!!!) times, who was averaging 5.5yds a carry and would have helped Streveler be more comfortable throwing checkdowns if needed
  • Didn't even give Augustine any sort of touch or even a single snap instead opting for constant sweeping slotbacks of which Edmonton did nothing and blitzed the QB anyway
  • Butchered the playcalling at the end by asking your rookie QB to pass on first down and forced a cleared backfield for the passing game (in which Edmonton simply rushed 6 and forced the rookie QB to throw to his checkdown)
Same ****, different season. O'Shea doesn't hold his coordinators responsible for jack and it keeps biting him in the ass season after season. [...]Luckily LaPolice is good for having a creative playbook and Streveler is apparently (play)book-smart so this works out to our favour, but sometimes you just can't overthink it. Why not just give the ball to one of the most talented running backs in the league to help with the clock and if it gets to the point, give your team a chance in overtime???

If this kind of defence happens again next week, especially against the likes of Montreal, Richie Hall needs to be fired immediately. He dumbs down the defensive game way too much and our players look largely uninterested unless it's swarming to the ball carrier after he's caught and run with the ball for yet another first down. It's embarrassing with the talent we have on paper.
What's f***ing changed since the first god damn game of the bloody season??? Lulay in his first game back from injury while constantly pressured looked considerably better than Nichols who admittedly was very, very off; but other than a 'creative' playbook, the standard plays for the other 60% of the game look awful!

Look, yes the refereeing was suspect. I don't blame O'Shea for going for it on 3rd-and-1 twice rather than two field goals - rather, I blame him for not telling LaPolice to just f***ing hand it off to Harris or run up the middle instead of getting all cutesy by trying to go to the outside.

Em-f***ing-barrassing. And guess what - they'll just wash their hands and say they'll watch the film and try to fix the little mistakes without bloody realizing their whole game plan is travesty in a 9-team league. It's a waste of talent.

Reactions: Laine Fan

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's 3 games played like ****. Maybe the team and the coaches just suck

They didn't play like shit against Edmonton, just a late breakdown.

They haven't had a good start to the year. Yet all the f***ing trolls come out every goddamn loss it's super f***ing annoying. Bombers have the 2nd best point differential in the league right now. Not too mention the one in question was deliberately bringing up one where I was posting just a hopeful post, when in many MANY other post I was saying they should go 4-0 OR 3-1 at worst on this 4 game stint. And I've stated many times if they don't get to 4-3 at minimum going into the bye the tone should and will change. Even at 4-3 lots will need to be looked at. And I've stated this.

I'm here posting talk Bombers win lose or lightning delays. The same few people come in ONLY after every loss to "LOL Bombers sucks LOLZ!11!! I'm so original and funny look at me". f*** that if I'm not going to call that BS out.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Way!!!! Over-rated by local media and some posters. I have seen this crap for over 20+ years. Same s**t just a different pile!!!
After seeing this.., do we still sweep the Argos?

Oh f*** off. They have the talent. It's there. At least he's been optimistic. That's a rarity when it comes to Bomber fans

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They didn't play like **** against Edmonton, just a late breakdown.

They haven't had a good start to the year. Yet all the ****ing trolls come out every goddamn loss it's super ****ing annoying. Bombers have the 2nd best point differential in the league right now. Not too mention the one in question was deliberately bringing up one where I was posting just a hopeful post, when in many MANY other post I was saying they should go 4-0 OR 3-1 at worst on this 4 game stint. And I've stated many times if they don't get to 4-3 at minimum going into the bye the tone should and will change. Even at 4-3 lots will need to be looked at. And I've stated this.

I'm here posting talk Bombers win lose or lightning delays. The same few people come in ONLY after every loss to "LOL Bombers sucks LOLZ!11!! I'm so original and funny look at me". **** that if I'm not going to call that BS out.

We are 2-3 and in last place in the division. It’s not trolls. We’ve seen this story before. There’s a thread on the Blue Bomber forum about how we won’t win a championship with our defense. Others have noticed. Are the people who are saying the Bombers aren’t that good really trolls, or are they looking at it realistically?

This loss wasn’t even on the defense, it was just stupid play all around, but you have been saying that you guarantee we finish ahead of Saskatchewan.

On a positive note, Harris is still a beast.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere and didn't know if it warrants it's own thread so a mod can delete if deemed appropriate but Darryl Rogers who coached the Bombers in 1991 to a 9-9 record and a loss in the East Final passed away on July 10, 2018 at 83.

Condolences to his family. RIP.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
We are 2-3 and in last place in the division. It’s not trolls. We’ve seen this story before. There’s a thread on the Blue Bomber forum about how we won’t win a championship with our defense. Others have noticed. Are the people who are saying the Bombers aren’t that good really trolls, or are they looking at it realistically?

This loss wasn’t even on the defense, it was just stupid play all around, but you have been saying that you guarantee we finish ahead of Saskatchewan.

These asshats only post when the Bombers lose.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Discussing the team, thinking they aren't good isn't the problem. Plenty of that and it's fine. It's that the same people walk in with stupid hot takes after every loss but are mysteriously absent rest of time makes them trolls.

And if Nichols plays like this we will certainly compete with Sask for final playoff spot. I didn't see this coming with him. If he gets back to even 80% of last year we still finish ahead of sask. Sask is only going to win 8 maybe 9 games this year it's not a hard bar to beat.

Reactions: LadyJet26

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Discussing the team, thinking they aren't good isn't the problem. Plenty of that and it's fine. It's that the same people walk in with stupid hot takes after every loss but are mysteriously absent rest of time makes them trolls.

And if Nichols plays like this we will certainly compete with Sask for final playoff spot. I didn't see this coming with him. If he gets back to even 80% of last year we still finish ahead of sask. Sask is only going to win 8 maybe 9 games this year it's not a hard bar to beat.

I don’t know man, if they keep playing like this 8 or 9 games will be hard to beat.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
They didn't play like **** against Edmonton, just a late breakdown.

They haven't had a good start to the year. Yet all the ****ing trolls come out every goddamn loss it's super ****ing annoying. Bombers have the 2nd best point differential in the league right now. Not too mention the one in question was deliberately bringing up one where I was posting just a hopeful post, when in many MANY other post I was saying they should go 4-0 OR 3-1 at worst on this 4 game stint. And I've stated many times if they don't get to 4-3 at minimum going into the bye the tone should and will change. Even at 4-3 lots will need to be looked at. And I've stated this.

I'm here posting talk Bombers win lose or lightning delays. The same few people come in ONLY after every loss to "LOL Bombers sucks LOLZ!11!! I'm so original and funny look at me". **** that if I'm not going to call that BS out.
Maybe you need to realize this whole organization from Miller on down to the GM and coaches and players are doomed to failure. It's in the their DNA. Even the fkn stadium is cursed. Can't wait for NHL to start.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don’t know man, if they keep playing like this 8 or 9 games will be hard to beat.

Which team are the Bombers though? The team that thoroughly embarrassed MTL, BC in both first halves and stuck it to edm much of the game and started strong against hamilton? Or the team that collapsed in 2nd halves of edm, bc, bc and the middle part of ham? Well see. The talent is there. If we don't sweep TOR something will have to give, likely in coaching.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Which team are the Bombers though? The team that thoroughly embarrassed MTL, BC in both first halves and stuck it to edm much of the game and started strong against hamilton? Or the team that collapsed in 2nd halves of edm, bc, bc and the middle part of ham? Well see. The talent is there. If we don't sweep TOR something will have to give, likely in coaching.

Certainly a bipolar team for sure. That’s probably why the so-called “trolls” don’t come out after the Bombers play well. They destroyed Montreal and BC last week, but what I’ve been trying to say is personally I think we are good at taking out the trash, but elite QBs destroy our terrible defense. I don’t think that’s an unrealistic view or a hot take. It’s just easier to see and comment on when it happens I guess.

BC is not a good team and our execution tonight was awful. Plain and simple. But, Harris is a beast and our OLine kicked ass. Something to build on, I guess...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Certainly a bipolar team for sure. That’s probably why the so-called “trolls” don’t come out after the Bombers play well. They destroyed Montreal and BC last week, but what I’ve been trying to say is personally I think we are good at taking out the trash, but elite QBs destroy our terrible defense. I don’t think that’s an unrealistic view or a hot take. It’s just easier to see and comment on when it happens I guess.

BC is not a good team and our execution tonight was awful. Plain and simple. But, Harris is a beast and our OLine kicked ass. Something to build on, I guess...

I've said the same things in this thread. BC won a Grey Cup after an 0-5 start one year. It's a looooong season.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016

That is the problem. I am not trolling but just being realistic. I have seen this for years and years. There are always excuses breakdown on defence and offence that goes stagnant for no real reason. Suggesting that we likely sweep the Lions and then sweep the Argos based on what we had seen vs the Ticats and the Eskies was questionable at the very least. I know .. I know... Mike Reilly is the best quarterback that has ever played the game and Musoli would be the best if not for Reilly and Lulay was due to do something and we insulted the Lions by saying they never touched Nichols and I am sure that we will split with the Argos because ...well... it is difficult if not impossible to beat a team twice in a season or whatever excuse we want to give the team. And so it goes... it is no ones fault really just an unlucky set of circumstances. Make no mistake...I want the Bombers to win as badly as anyone..it is just, that I am sick and tired of this stuff. I know what a championship team looks like and this is not a team of that quality. Something has to change or we are stuck with the same old..same old:madfire:

Reactions: Laine Fan

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
the decision to gamble on third down in easy field goal position was dumb football. Take the points. Go up by 2 scores with 4 minutes to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad