OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
If those 2 FG's had been made like they should have been this would be a one score game.

Still if the Bombers don't win somebody from whatever side of the ball blows it needs to be fired.

None

Feb 22, 2012
There was a blatant missed hold on that throw that was intercepted, it doesn't matter but the back referee was looking right at it and didn't throw the flag...

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Didn't see anything from the Argos today except bad qb play no running game, and a bad kicker, when 2 fumble recoveries for td's are the best you can do, no reason the Bombers can't do this all over again next week minus the turn overs.

Reactions: snowkiddin

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
The Bombers dominated and had good performances and coaching and all that, yet I managed to yell at the tv and cuss them out more than a few times. Why? Must be muscle memory from the previous game?

Can’t believe so few people care about the Argos to warrant a very thin turnout on a beautiful day. :(

Reactions: ThinIce61

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Had to leave and PVR game, just finished it. Complete domination by the Bombers, only a couple of brain farts kept it any semblance of close. Despite proclamations of doom, this is a good team. Just desperately need to clean up the details of their game. If they do that, it should be a fun West final in Calgary. But that's getting ahead of ourselves. We need to have another good performance back home next week and starting 4-3 is not great, but not disastrous. By all rights they should be 5-1 right now except for a couple of stupid plays (last drive v Edmonton, twice stopped inside BC 10).

Reactions: thereturn

None

Feb 22, 2012
A bit of a weird challenge situation in Calgary: an incomplete pass was ruled a catch, Calgary challenges and it's overturned, then Montreal challenged for pass interference and won. So it went back to where it was anyway. No more challenges left because of incompetence.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
CFL point differentials
CGY +99 (5gp)
WPG +66 (6gp)
EDM +3 (5gp)
OTT +3 (5gp)
HAM +1 (5gp)
SSK -5 (5gp)
BC -30 (5gp)
TOR -59 (5gp)
MTL -79 (5gp)

That's still impressive. Bombers aren't perfect but optimism lives.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Harris is still a beast. Pathetic turnout for attendance at the game. Those commentators were annoying as hell. Didn’t see anything in Franklin that game that would give me confidence that he is the QB of the future.

Reactions: HannuJ

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Harris is still a beast. Pathetic turnout for attendance at the game. Those commentators were annoying as hell. Didn’t see anything in Franklin that game that would give me confidence that he is the QB of the future.

I was honestly surprised at how ineffective Franklin was. I was very impressed with him in EDM and was talking alot about Bombers getting him for the past 2 years. But he did not look good at all this game. How much it was affected by the fact that Wilder got like 10 yards rushing, 15 of those in garbage time is hard to say (he was at -5 at half IIRC). The panel during the MTL-CGY game did comment on how disinterested Argos looked. There was little fire on that sideline, the team looks checked out.

But still you have to give full credit to the Bombers D. They had some struggles early with a couple of early drives, but they did a great job playing "Hall" defense. Let the offense have to 3-4 yards play and swarm the ball. Nothing over the top, no big plays, shutdown the run completely. This is the game envisions us playing every game, whether we can do it against top level QB's like Reilly or Mitchell is yet to be determined. We'll see.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I was honestly surprised at how ineffective Franklin was. I was very impressed with him in EDM and was talking alot about Bombers getting him for the past 2 years. But he did not look good at all this game. How much it was affected by the fact that Wilder got like 10 yards rushing, 15 of those in garbage time is hard to say (he was at -5 at half IIRC). The panel during the MTL-CGY game did comment on how disinterested Argos looked. There was little fire on that sideline, the team looks checked out.

But still you have to give full credit to the Bombers D. They had some struggles early with a couple of early drives, but they did a great job playing "Hall" defense. Let the offense have to 3-4 yards play and swarm the ball. Nothing over the top, no big plays, shutdown the run completely. This is the game envisions us playing every game, whether we can do it against top level QB's like Reilly or Mitchell is yet to be determined. We'll see.

I do believe a great deal of Franklin’s ineptitude has to be blamed in part on the lack of running game.

And so far, top level QBs have taken us to task and demolished our D time and time again, and I don’t have much hope that it won’t happen again, but hey, there is hope. Maybe a confidence boosting win like this is just what the doc ordered for the Blue and Gold D (it wasn’t in the case of the MTL or first BC game but we’re not even talking about that ...)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I do believe a great deal of Franklin’s ineptitude has to be blamed in part on the lack of running game.

And so far, top level QBs have taken us to task and demolished our D time and time again, and I don’t have much hope that it won’t happen again, but hey, there is hope. Maybe a confidence boosting win like this is just what the doc ordered for the Blue and Gold D (it wasn’t in the case of the MTL or first BC game but we’re not even talking about that ...)

Hey it's a long season. There's ups and downs. This will always be true. Honestly the Bombers have outplayed their opponents in 5 of 6 games thus far, but have just made bad decisions in 2 of them which have cost them games (Edm late drive, stupid decisions inside 10 yard line in BC). I'm much more confident in a team that consistently outplays opponents but struggles to close games than a team that struggles to win games every week.

BC won a cup starting 0-5. This team clearly has talent. They've shown it at times, had stupid breakdowns at other times. There's potential this year. We got alot to go, let's see how it goes. I really feel like the BC game was a wakeup call unlike EDM, HAM, BC1 game. None of those had the profound impact in and out of the room. We might look back at that loss as the motivator that got everyone to buy in for 60 mins every game after our Grey Cup, who knows.

Reactions: HannuJ

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I should stop watching now. Going to blow a gasket.

And the refs helping out again.
listen...
i will strongly state that the reffing's been pretty darn good this year. can't catch 'em all. but the calls against the bombers were all legit.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Bombers killed them and their mistakes let the Argos get into the game.
Harris, as i've said before, is one of the best Bombers in team history. that's not hyperbole. hope you're all sitting back and watching his incredible season.
Bowman...an all-points bulletin going out to find him. lol.
Adams was great. Dressler was great. the kid from the Riders was also great (name escapes me now).
D was pretty good. gave up that one bad drive. i still think they need 1 more pass rusher to be legit.
Bombers need to get Nicholls out with 2 min remaining. see what happened to Van Zyl when it was a meaningless game? and get Streveler as many minutes at QB as possible whenever possible and when the game's out of hand. need to get him some experience, even if it's 2 minutes here, 5 minutes there.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

The crowd turnout has to be demoralizing for Argo players, when they go to places like Hamilton, Winnipeg, and Sask.

It might not even be the crowd, it might be the facilities and practice setup.

Anyways, Harris is blowing me away this year. I thought he would begin his downturn. He's on pace for what - 2,000 yards rushing? Can't see him keeping that pace up, but considering how well LaPo is designing different kinds of runs for him and the rest of the team, the sky's the limit.

How much of his success is his own, and how much is what is clearly the best O-Line we've seen in the CFL in a while, I can't say, but Harris is a big part of that.

The entrie OLine was great, but Hardrick (51 on OLine) deserves special mention - Had four or five blocks that made my jaw drop. The reciever screen where he sprinted to block a boundary cornerback 20 yards downfield needs to be shown on TSN. What a play.

Reactions: DarthMonty

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
If Nichols can get back to his groove and LaPolice has learned his lesson with regards to why he should keep handing the ball off to Andrew Harris, this Bombers offense is one of the tops in the league. Deserved shoutout to the o-line - Kyle Walters put together an impressive one.

However, I think the accolades for the defense are a bit much considering that Franklin looked like a unprepared starter with few weapons on his offense. If we're trying to win the Grey Cup, this defense certainly isn't going to do it against the likes of Rielly, Mitchell, or even Lulay. Masoli and Harris are a bit of wildcards on the East depending on whether or not they're on their game, but all five named are much, much better than Franklin. We might be able to put up 28+ pts a game but I'm not sure we can stop good opponents doing that either.

Reactions: Fairview
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad