OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
5 games in nothing to write home about long way to go but the team doesn't exactly exude confidence that they can go all the way, but still lots of time left in the season to straighten things out because if they don't it's time for a good old house cleaning.

Reactions: Fairview

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Long day at the lake.......went to bed at half.....did I miss anything?

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
I've been a Bombers' fan since Jonas and Bledsoe and I know the season is far from over, but this crap is getting old, now.
Amen:laugh: Let's throw a little Joe Zaleski, Wally Gabler and Earl Lundsford in there for good measure :thumbu:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Long day at the lake.......went to bed at half.....did I miss anything?

Uh, likewise, long day outside in the heat and Ol'-Sip did a deep six at half time with the BB's in complete control, what the hell?

Reactions: ps241

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I watch until half time and thought the game was a lock
Just sloppy plays in the 2nd half
The secondary is just awful
Can’t stop the Lions. Can’t stop the Eskimos
Same story Cringe at the defensive holding off last minute drives by the opposing teams.

Reactions: sipowicz

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
oh we lost? jeez...i went to sleep after the 3rd quarter but i could definitely sniff the possibility we'd lose it. The Lions were moving pretty good against the Blue's "less than tenacious" D...

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Nichols looked absolutely lost in the 2nd quarter(waited too long in the pocket, threw in bad spots), Receivers couldn’t catch worth a damn, the offensive play calling was atrocious, I mean Harris had 139yds behind that O-Line, has only 13 carries and was not utilized in key 1st down situations merely enough. To put it pretty, they should not rely on a passing game when it’s been completely horrific when you can rely on a run game that is dominating.

Everybody but Bighill could not cover or tackle, Leggett looked like a rookie out there, the D-Line had WAY too many Roughing the Passers(I think there was 3 in total, though the second was BS).

This is a game everybody(including our coaches and the Lions as well) but Harris, Bighill and the Offensive Line deserved to lose(those guys really deserved this one but the coaching and the remainder of the. teams laziness let them down)..

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey man. We're all fans here. Maybe you should direct your anger at the coaches and the players instead of the people posting here. Just a thought.
Someone was trying to rub it in Holden's face 5 minutes after the loss. To me that is trolling.
I was frustrated after the game too, I didn't call out biggest Bombers supporters, I spoke to the game.

I think Bombers played a good game for the most part but coach should have kicked the field goal to go up 20-0. Harris should have got the ball inside the 5 yard line and Strev should have plunged forward on the second gamble and Nichols should protect the ball and Dline shouldn't take three rough the passer calls to extend drives. Those problems all compounded on one another. Team played good first half, but second half all those problems lead to us getting zero points and them chipping away in second half, that's what was frustrating is all those errors aligning one after the other cost us the game and we just handed it to them.

Reactions: ps241

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Someone was trying to rub it in Holden's face 5 minutes after the loss. To me that is trolling.
I was frustrated after the game too, I didn't call out biggest Bombers supporters, I spoke to the game.

The poster in question has showed concern about the Bombers’ D and team in general since week 1. Is he trolling or are those real concerns? Many people have had those concerns. He was met with comments like how the Bombers are guaranteed to finish ahead of Sask. I haven’t seen anything in the Bombers’ play this year that indicates that.

It was an unnecessary “I told you so” type post in my opinion that was probably only made because the Bombers’ loss was so frustrating, but in my opinion, talking about how bad the team is isn’t any more of a hot take than some of the stuff Holden has said.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense, back to the game. Holy hell what an embarrassing loss. How can a veteran team and veteran coach fall asleep like that? Ridiculous

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

I think Bombers played a good game for the most part but coach should have kicked the field goal to go up 20-0. Harris should have got the ball inside the 5 yard line and Strev should have plunged forward on the second gamble and Nichols should protect the ball and Dline shouldn't take three rough the passer calls to extend drives. Those problems all compounded on one another. Team played good first half, but second half all those problems lead to us getting zero points and them chipping away in second half, that's what was frustrating is all those errors aligning one after the other cost us the game and we just handed it to them.

Only 1 of the passer interference calls was a legit penalty. Other ones Lulay got hit 2 seconds after he released the ball. You know when Glen Suitor is saying that too it's legit. He hates the Bombers.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Those roughing the passer calls were a joke, but they made it back to us with that non fumble call. I get not taking the points on the first goal line attempt but in the 4th kick the damn fg. Richie Hall defense gets torn apart after every half, they adjust and he does little.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Only 1 of the passer interference calls was a legit penalty. Other ones Lulay got hit 2 seconds after he released the ball. You know when Glen Suitor is saying that too it's legit. He hates the Bombers.

The one on Wild was a complete crock of shit

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
The one on Wild was a complete crock of ****

Agreed. The one that Jeffcoat (I think) hit Lulays head was legit. Other one was hands to the face but big deal. I don't remember the reffing being this bad. They miss a ton, command centre still gets it wrong, and they call phantom calls. BC offense was offside nearly every play.

Reactions: snowkiddin

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. The one that Jeffcoat (I think) hit Lulays head was legit. Other one was hands to the face but big deal. I don't remember the reffing being this bad. They miss a ton, command centre still gets it wrong, and they call phantom calls. BC offense was offside nearly every play.
The third one you speak of was for sure a penalty, he came down on his head, it was worst of the three. The only one that wasn't a penalty was the Wild one, the other two were contact to the head, called every single time.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

They miss so many offsides in this league it’s insane.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the Bombers will be fine. That was an ugly loss but Nichols usually has one of those games every once in a while where he throws picks, if he protects the ball going forward we will be fine. Like we complain about Nichols and he had a rough game but he was on the sideline twice watching us get stuffed. If we punch that one in and get at least a field goal on the second stuff then we are at 27 points at worst, throw in the missed field goal early and we're at 30 so as bad as he played he must've been steaming on sideline on those two stuffs, as he had not control on either and it cost his team points. He played bad but we still had other mistakes limit our score total too.
I think Bombers respond, like I said, this team is too good, lets hope this means they peak at right time, later in the year.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Arrogant from the bombers in the first three quarters, got what they deserved.

They might be the 2nd best in the league for point differential but small pockets of the game have cost them 2 wins now. And that point differential is from 2 huge wins too.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Back up the truck! Fire MOS! Fire Hall! Fire LaPo! Fire Walters! Hell, fire Forney! Damn Goldeyes suck this year, too. Trade Nichols for Duron Carter! Close down the Rum Hut!

This Laine Fan Hot Take has been brought to you by My Pillow. Guaranteed The Most Comfortable Pillow You'll Ever Own!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That one stung. Some bad play calling in the second coat us. The defense played a good first half but fell apart in the second.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I don't know how professional football players don't catch the ball with just their hands. These guys are constantly trying to trap the ball with their chest. How hard is it to put your index fingers together and your thumbs together, make a triangle and have the ball hit your hands instead of your chest? This is PeeWee level stuff.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Another Bomber choke job at BC Place, man this off has a lot of skeletons in that dome.

SO in the 2nd half? How is that possible in the CFL?

I just can't see O'Shea leading this team to a Grey Cup, he loses the plot too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad