OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Doug Brown nailed it in his article in the Freep, Harris was chewing up yards and La Po and the BB’s decide Streveler should be the one rushing the ball in the second half. As usual La Po starts strong as the O coordinator and then the brain cramps start fast and furious.......

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Doug Brown nailed it in his article in the Freep, Harris was chewing up yards and La Po and the BB’s decide Streveler should be the one rushing the ball in the second half. As usual La Po starts strong as the O coordinator and then the brain cramps start fast and furious.......

A lot of talent being wasted by a triumvirate of mediocre coaches. LaPo is probably the best of the three, but yeah, his penchant for veering away from our strengths is extremely frustrating. I'll tell you, if the Riders continue to underachieve and Jones is let go, the Bombers should snap him up while he's available. The guy is a proven winner over the course of his career.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I love how LaPo was so unapologetic about his 3rd down strategy the oher day. You have to love coaches who are just too proud and irrationally loyal to actually realize they f***ed up.

Keep your 3rd down strategy Paul, just give the ball to your best ball carrier more often. It's not that complicated.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I love how LaPo was so unapologetic about his 3rd down strategy the oher day. You have to love coaches who are just too proud and irrationally loyal to actually realize they ****ed up.

Keep your 3rd down strategy Paul, just give the ball to your best ball carrier more often. It's not that complicated.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I love how LaPo was so unapologetic about his 3rd down strategy the oher day. You have to love coaches who are just too proud and irrationally loyal to actually realize they ****ed up.

I thought I read in the paper that he said he screwed up, and apologized to Harris in pracky, saying he should've got ball twice.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow, now June Jones looks like an awful decision maker. How are they losing to the awful Riders who have no offense?
Masoli is so great apparently but yet they can't win?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
so, rain's been pushed back to later in the evening.
shall i convince the wife to go to the bombers-argos game tonight?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bombers lose today every one from the practice roster guys to Walters should be worried about losing their job. It's too early to be a "must win" game but it's a f***ing "must win".

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Hurry before they sell out!

The only sell out you'll see in Toronto is the CFL headquarters catering to their "flagship" franchise. This turf debacle is a joke. The league should have said, fix the problem and you won't be allowed to host games until you do. Play their "home" games in their opponents' stadiums, or at least a neutral site elsewhere. It is not without precedent. And where is the CFLPA in all this? Why isn't it doing anything to protect the players' safety? Do we need a serious injury to get some action on this?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Chris Randle is a last minute scratch due to injury. Big loss for BB. Cooper (who has struggled in season and TC, IMO) and Fogg will start at CB and Sayles and Alexander will start at HB. That's two big injuries in the secondary with Fenner and Randle out.

To be fair though I think the bigger question is how Nichols and the offense will rebound. The fact that I'm saying that is concerning though. As long as they play half decent they should stomp this Argos team.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Anybody here who can play DB beds to put your beer down and hit the transporter and get Scotty to beam you over to BMO field.

The secondary isn't so hot when all are healthy but I have a feeling it gonna get ugly.

If Nichols and his receivers are in sync the first to 100. More power to you.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Very overrated coach. Was awful as a head coach here

Reactions: sipowicz

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Teams are starting to leave us behind in the West, generally games in the first third of the season are not indicative of whether you will miss the playoffs but 2-4 will give me a sinking feeling.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Teams are starting to leave us behind in the West, generally games in the first third of the season are not indicative of whether you will miss the playoffs but 2-4 will give me a sinking feeling.
Nope not at all.

Bombers will be .5 games back in the west after this win. They have 3 games left vs Sask, 2 vs Edm. We haven't pulled away like we should have but being left behind is a overstatement.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Nope not at all.

Bombers will be .5 games back in the west after this win. They have 3 games left vs Sask, 2 vs Edm. We haven't pulled away like we should have but being left behind is a overstatement.

I want to be optimistic but I got a bad feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->