Half-Assed GDT: blu vs bee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I wasn't sure how to bet this game since Jaybo is on the 3rd pair (at least on paper), so I just put 100k v-cash on a regulation tie...

Reactions: Bendak

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Doesn't sound like he's rooting for the team to fail. He thinks Yeo is an idiot and wants him to be fired so the team can thrive.

His first post.
I'm glad he's playing Sundqvist. Like genuinely happy.

And I hope and pray he gifts Jay Bouwmeester 25 minutes tonight.
He wants our players to play poorly so they fire Yeo. You can make some greater good argument, but in the short term he wants our team to fail. Which is my question, do you consider that loyalty?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
His first post.

He wants our players to play poorly so they fire Yeo. You can make some greater good argument, but in the short term he wants our team to fail. Which is my question, do you consider that loyalty?

Loyal to an extreme David, but loyal nonetheless. I'm in the same boat where I don't believe Yeo will lead us to success so if losses get Yeo fired quicker that to me is a desired outcome and I'm not alone. It may not be how you view loyalty and that's fine.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
View attachment 149569 I hate this move but I hate Sundqvists face even more.
Hopefully he pulls his best Charlie Conway tonight and whiffs on a breakaway leading to Columbus 3 on 1 the other way for the game winning goal with 6 seconds left on the clock.
At which point DA will give the signal to the sniper he's hired lurking in the rafters to put Yeo out of his misery with a clean non lethal shoulder shot.
Leh Go Bluh!
Holy **** man, I'm not happy about putting in Sundqvist either, but ... yikes!

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I think I’m going to altar my version of the drinking game to every time Jay Bo kneels on the crease during a PK drink until the puck bounces in off his skate.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
What’s wrong with it? You’re not going to find anywhere that has more quality discussion about the team than here.

I’ll echo what some others have said. I don’t understand people that are looking down on the negativity. This team should be far better than they currently are. Why would we be happy about it? Of course we have a lot of time left but we found out literally last year how crucial every single point is since we missed the playoffs by 1. These games in October still matter greatly. Letting divisional opponents like Winnipeg and Chicago grab extra points that they shouldn’t have isn’t a good thing.
I agree, I just draw the line at ridiculing players facial features, or interview mannerisms, or cheapshot photoshopping. Why can't we just stick to hockey?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Loyal to an extreme David, but loyal nonetheless. I'm in the same boat where I don't believe Yeo will lead us to success so if losses get Yeo fired quicker that to me is a desired outcome and I'm not alone. It may not be how you view loyalty and that's fine.
And my point is that the fire Yeo hysteria is a little over the top at this point, it's an unholy marriage of the short attention span crowd and the armchair coach/general/QB "experts".

I have a tough time believing that Yeo's strategy (or any coach on any team) is such a drag on this team that firing him and replacing him with someone else (who is currently unemployed no less) will right the ship and make everything great. Can firing a coach give a team a kick in the butt? Sure, but it doesn't change the fundamental makeup of the roster. Either this team is close or it isn't, but more Ls doesn't do us any good either way.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think Sundqvist is in for the same reasons Jerabek was in. They want to reassess what they have in him. He has been out of the lineup for a while. Having said that, I fully endorse the notion that Yeo has no clue. But, I have been calling for his head on a platter since last April.

Reactions: Bendak and Zamadoo

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
What’s wrong with it? You’re not going to find anywhere that has more quality discussion about the team than here.

I’ll echo what some others have said. I don’t understand people that are looking down on the negativity. This team should be far better than they currently are. Why would we be happy about it? Of course we have a lot of time left but we found out literally last year how crucial every single point is since we missed the playoffs by 1. These games in October still matter greatly. Letting divisional opponents like Winnipeg and Chicago grab extra points that they shouldn’t have isn’t a good thing.
Rooting for injury on our own players is never acceptable to me. This fan base sounds more entitled than I ever remember it being.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I need s'more schnapps to be loyal

latest

S'more Schwartz and s'more schenn might help too.

I wanna see Dunn and Petro running a crash course on artillery in the O-zone tonight hardcore babyyyyyyyyy

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I think I’m going to altar my version of the drinking game to every time Jay Bo kneels on the crease during a PK drink until the puck bounces in off his skate.

Take a drink every time they pan to Jaybo and he has a "deer in the headlights" look about him.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Holy **** man, I'm not happy about putting in Sundqvist either, but ... yikes!
Jesus Christ it's a joke FFS.. For all of the over the top Blues bashing that goes on in this forum the overreaction to these posts is equal to if not more over the top. It's the effing internet, remember?
If people are looking for political correctness and proper dialogue etiquette you are in the wrong realm of existence.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Jesus Christ it's a joke FFS.. For all of the over the top Blues bashing that goes on in this forum the overreaction to these posts is equal to if not more over the top. It's the effing internet, remember?
If people are looking for political correctness and proper dialogue etiquette you are in the wrong realm of existence.
Don't blame political correctness for a shitty joke.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And my point is that the fire Yeo hysteria is a little over the top at this point, it's an unholy marriage of the short attention span crowd and the armchair coach/general/QB "experts".

I have a tough time believing that Yeo's strategy (or any coach on any team) is such a drag on this team that firing him and replacing him with someone else (who is currently unemployed no less) will right the ship and make everything great. Can firing a coach give a team a kick in the butt? Sure, but it doesn't change the fundamental makeup of the roster. Either this team is close or it isn't, but more Ls doesn't do us any good either way.
It's not just strategy. It's also leadership and temperament and communication. No roster is perfect, but this one has lots of talent and crappy record. I think it's naive to think changing coach is unlikely to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad