Half-Assed GDT: blu vs bee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Who are you insinuating we should be loyal to? Because I see a whole lot of loyal fans who care deeply about their team and use their time to post here. Since when is questioning decisions disloyal?

This.

For example, I've gotten in some relatively intense debates with guys like @BlueDream and @Averman11 lately but never would i suggest they don't like/want the best for the team.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Relax buddy. It's just a little playful sarcasm. This is how some of us Blues fans cope with being the horse who's hoof is always stuck in the mud once the race begins. If you took my SARCASTIC suggestion of a sniper waiting to take Yeo out as literal then I'm a bit concerned for your ability to comprehend a little playful jabbing than I am your sunshine and rainbows philosophy.
Holy s*** no kidding...

I'M NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO BURN THEM ALL HAHA I JUST GET A LITTLE CRAZY DURING HOCKEY SEASON SOMETIMES HAHA BURN THEM ALL...WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING...NOT ME! I'M FINE! WE'RE ALL FINE! THE TEAMS GOING TO BE JUST FINE!

giphy.gif

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How does a coach get fired?

The answer: by being stupid.

So what do I want from Mr. Yeo?

Stupidity.

He really wasn't lying when he said "I don't know" in reference to winning Saturday. ****ing moron continues to drag the offensive creativity and cohesion of his players out the window.

Anyone who thinks playing Kyrou on a line with Barbashev and Sundqvist and expecting it to be effective is purely nonsensical. Barbashev can be effective and has shown some semblance of talent but Sundqvist? What does Sundqvist do? He is terrible offensively, he isn't any better defensively than Thomas so what does he bring?
I'm honestly torn on things. Blues looked great for 40min.....then Yeo does questionable things and ruins the goodwill he earned. Were seeing flashes off good but then a resurgence of stupid.

I honestly dont understand how this team doesnt hate to lose. I get it that they are pro and deffinently dont like to lose...but it doesn't look like they "hate" it. Borderline like they expect to lose and when things start to go sideways, they expect it and accept it.

Reactions: Bendak

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We took 3 of 4 points from two Cup contenders. BUT we lose the last game disappointingly and are off for 3 days and internet folk have the attention span of a fly so Yeo can't do anything right. Gotta ***** about something if nothing is on TV.

Lol yes, everyone is just pissed about the last game and that's all. Not the others that the Blues have squandered a 3rd period lead. No, all this "disloyalty" is coming from one single game that the Blues lost terrible this season. They've been great in all the others!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We took 3 of 4 points from two Cup contenders. BUT we lose the last game disappointingly and are off for 3 days and internet folk have the attention span of a fly so Yeo can't do anything right. Gotta ***** about something if nothing is on TV.
We have the 5th worst record in the entire league. Let's not pretend we turned some corner on that road trip. We lost to a bottom feeder in regulation, played an excellent game, and then coughed up a 2 goal lead in the third to lose, something we've already done three times this year. It really shouldn't be sunshine and rainbows around here. The team is legitimately bad.

Mar 6, 2012
As far as I know it is right now. The online blues community has been scattered a few times.

We're a strange battered and bitter bunch, the whole lot of us. Investing a sizable chunk of your emotional energy into this team does something to a person after a few decades.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
We have the 5th worst record in the entire league. Let's not pretend we turned some corner on that road trip. We lost to a bottom feeder in regulation, played an excellent game, and then coughed up a 2 goal lead in the third to lose, something we've already done three times this year. It really shouldn't be sunshine and rainbows around here. The team is legitimately bad.
5th worst record, or 3 points out of the playoffs with ...checks notes...74 games to play. Hell, we were dead last after one game, at this rate we will be in first by January.

3rd period d play is correctable, but sure let's pack it in, this team is 'legitimately bad'.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'm honestly torn on things. Blues looked great for 40min.....then Yeo does questionable things and ruins the goodwill he earned. Were seeing flashes off good but then a resurgence of stupid.

I honestly dont understand how this team doesnt hate to lose. I get it that they are pro and deffinently dont like to lose...but it doesn't look like they "hate" it. Borderline like they expect to lose and when things start to go sideways, they expect it and accept it.
This is reminiscent of their play under Hitch the couple of years prior to the year he was canned. The team used to always change their game play once we would get a lead. It's like they forget that playing aggressive hockey is what led to the lead in the game in the first place. More often than not, once a team caught back up, we were able to shift back in to that high gear and take the whole 2 points. This team is different. It's like once the momentum shifts they just accept defeat as inevitable and don't make the effort to regain or hold the lead. I'm starting to worry that this mentality is going to rub off on all these young players and become written into the DNA of the current roster.

Reactions: Bendak and Dbrownss

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
This is reminiscent of their play under Hitch the couple of years prior to the year he was canned. The team used to always change their game play once we would get a lead. It's like they forget that playing aggressive hockey is what led to the lead in the game in the first place. More often than not, once a team caught back up, we were able to shift back in to that high gear and take the whole 2 points. This team is different. It's like once the momentum shifts they just accept defeat as inevitable and don't make the effort to regain or hold the lead. I'm starting to worry that this mentality is going to rub off on all these young players and become written into the DNA of the current roster.
Think-of-the-Children.jpg

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Is this the best Blues forum? Yikes if true.
What’s wrong with it? You’re not going to find anywhere that has more quality discussion about the team than here.

I’ll echo what some others have said. I don’t understand people that are looking down on the negativity. This team should be far better than they currently are. Why would we be happy about it? Of course we have a lot of time left but we found out literally last year how crucial every single point is since we missed the playoffs by 1. These games in October still matter greatly. Letting divisional opponents like Winnipeg and Chicago grab extra points that they shouldn’t have isn’t a good thing.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
So is actively rooting for players on our roster to fail loyalty?
Bro who here is honestly rooting for our players/team to fail? This is a public hockey forum...some people ask questions....some people answer questions...some people crack jokes...some people show unconditional love...some do all of the above....who care's...we're all fans here.

Live and let live

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
By now the writing is on the wall for Thomas and he will be sent down. Apparently the Blues believe the longer they keep him with the club, the more he will learn about what it takes to be a contributor for the Blues. I disagree with the philosophy. If they don't think he will develop in the OHL then they need to keep him on the team and playing quality minutes. Yes, he will make mistakes but will also develop WAY faster than press box observation.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
5th worst record, or 3 points out of the playoffs with ...checks notes...74 games to play. Hell, we were dead last after one game, at this rate we will be in first by January.

3rd period d play is correctable, but sure let's pack it in, this team is 'legitimately bad'.
Never did I say pack it in, I said the team is bad because the team is bad. Calling a spade a spade is not disloyalty, it's just being realistic. This hockey team is not as good as most other hockey teams in the NHL. It's that simple.

We've gotten off to good starts, we've won the special teams battles most nights, we've even had a lead for 7 out of our 8 games and yet we're 2-6. There shouldn't be a positive vibe around this team because they have one of the worst starting goalies in the league and the defense has been downright awful. There is no reason to be optimistic about this team.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Bro who here is honestly rooting for our players/team to fail? This is a public hockey forum...some people ask questions....some people answer questions...some people crack jokes...some people show unconditional love...some do all of the above....who care's...we're all fans here.

Live and let live
How does a coach get fired?

The answer: by being stupid.

So what do I want from Mr. Yeo?

Stupidity.

He really wasn't lying when he said "I don't know" in reference to winning Saturday. ****ing moron continues to drag the offensive creativity and cohesion of his players out the window.

Anyone who thinks playing Kyrou on a line with Barbashev and Sundqvist and expecting it to be effective is purely nonsensical. Barbashev can be effective and has shown some semblance of talent but Sundqvist? What does Sundqvist do? He is terrible offensively, he isn't any better defensively than Thomas so what does he bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad