Not open for further replies.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
giphy.gif

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

This is just dumb at this point. Armstrong needs to send him back so Yeo doesn't completely destroy this kid's confidence. I don't get it. Sundqvist offers little to nothing offensively and is average defensively. The only explanation I've heard from any of the beat writers is it would be better to send Thomas down than have him play 7 minutes a night. My argument is he doesn't have to but he's choosing too. Thomas, Kyrou, and Barbashev could be trusted to play more minutes if the coach would show more confidence in them like he has struggling veterans. Armstrong built a pretty good team in the off season on paper. Yeo's roster management has been one of the problems. Hell, I'd have rather seen Blais back in than Sundqvist. You're also wasting any offensive plays you might get out of Kyrou by putting Sundqvist with him. I know the young guys haven't exactly caught fire, but neither has Schwartz, Tarasenko, Bozak, Maroon, Steen, etc. O'Reilly has really been the only consistent player. This is more of a rant because I'm tired of seeing young guys not put in positions to succeed but 4th line plugs or struggling veterans have twice the leash.

I would have to think this is a step toward Thomas going down to play the WJC and then OHL with maybe the Blues working to get him off Hamilton and to a team competing for the Memorial Cup, but I just don't think that was Armstrong's plan, and I can't believe that he's been in agreement with Yeo's usage of these rookies so far.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
This is just dumb at this point. Armstrong needs to send him back so Yeo doesn't completely destroy this kid's confidence. I don't get it. Sundqvist offers little to nothing offensively and is average defensively. The only explanation I've heard from any of the beat writers is it would be better to send Thomas down than have him play 7 minutes a night. My argument is he doesn't have to but he's choosing too. Thomas, Kyrou, and Barbashev could be trusted to play more minutes if the coach would show more confidence in them like he has struggling veterans. Armstrong built a pretty good team in the off season on paper. Yeo's roster management has been one of the problems. Hell, I'd have rather seen Blais back in than Sundqvist. You're also wasting any offensive plays you might get out of Kyrou by putting Sundqvist with him. I know the young guys haven't exactly caught fire, but neither has Schwartz, Tarasenko, Bozak, Maroon, Steen, etc. O'Reilly has really been the only consistent player. This is more of a rant because I'm tired of seeing young guys not put in positions to succeed but 4th line plugs or struggling veterans have twice the leash.

I would have to think this is a step toward Thomas going down to play the WJC and then OHL with maybe the Blues working to get him off Hamilton and to a team competing for the Memorial Cup, but I just don't think that was Armstrong's plan, and I can't believe that he's been in agreement with Yeo's usage of these rookies so far.

Yeah, this sort of handling completely ruined Alex Pietrangelo's career, he is still in therapy 2x a week.

A 19 year old doesn't play every game in the best league in the world? Poor kid has probably just given up his hockey dreams and is in a deep, dark hole of depression and Fortnite.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, this sort of handling completely ruined Alex Pietrangelo's career, he is still in therapy 2x a week.

A 19 year old doesn't play every game in the best league in the world? Poor kid has probably just given up his hockey dreams and is in a deep, dark hole of depression and Fortnite.

Say what you want. Sundqvist offers nothing to this team. At least Blais could provide more offense and could play up the lineup, but he went down. Excuse me for not wanting to see the same 4th line plug as last year who struggled to win faceoffs or scored a grand total of twice in 70 games. No, it didn't hurt Pietrangelo but at the same time, the Blues weren't exactly competing for a playoff spot with a good roster.

Reactions: phxblue and Bendak

Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, Sundqvist is nothing more than a warm body on most NHL teams. He's fine to toss on the 4th line if you don't have a more interesting option, but yeah.

Plus, his name is super hard as hell to spell without double checking it every time, so there is that too.

Reactions: Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad