Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 5, Pens 3 | Welp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No we don't. Nashville had been beaten quite a few times in the playoffs by the Hawks and yet managed to sweep them. Following your logic they should have lost for sure. We should have beaten the Caps last season, etc.

I really don't see why this losing streak to the Hawks should be anything but a really minor irritation. Since it started we have won two Cups and made the playoffs every year, who cares to whom we lose in the regular season, honestly?
Honestly I do. And Truthfully many posters that were posting before the game and during it felt we had little chance of winning this game. Did you look at the GDT? There was quite a lot of negativity surrounding this game before it even started. I was trying to take a positive approach.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
No question about it. Many like to view 5v5 as the be all. To me special teams is a very important variable when drawing a conclusion on a game/team.
5v5 isn't all that matters, but when the refs put the whistle away in the playoffs like they always do, you better be able to score 5v5 because you probably aren't going to get a ton of PPs.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
5v5 isn't all that matters, but when the refs put the whistle away in the playoffs like they always do, you better be able to score 5v5 because you probably aren't going to get a ton of PPs.
5v5 is a part of that formula, a big part even, but special teams are an integral component as well. And at the end of the game it really doesn't much matter how the goals are scored. I think too many put all the emphasis on the 5v5 variable.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Everyone should have a little more fan self confidence than to worry about Chicago’s legacy when compared to ours.

Not only is Chicago’s cores window shut it’s painted shut.
I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever when it comes to playing Chicago. And again if you look at some of the comments before the game started, several shared that same sentiment. Some even bet against the Pens. Not that I blame them.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Everyone should have a little more fan self confidence than to worry about Chicago’s legacy when compared to ours.

Not only is Chicago’s cores window shut it’s painted shut.

It's kinda weird how that happened. Toews and Kane are still quite good. I guess Keith has declined quite a bit compared to what he used to be and they've lost Hossa, though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's kinda weird how that happened. Toews and Kane are still quite good. I guess Keith has declined quite a bit compared to what he used to be and they've lost Hossa, though.

Yeah, the supporting cast went downhill fast, but particularly on D...they got old and the younger replacements weren't as good...but the main issue has been goaltending...Crawford has been injured a lot and the replacements haven't been as good as prime Crawford...

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's terrible away from the puck though. People give Sprong **** about that, IMO Brassards even worse because he's been a pretty solid player throughout his career and at least has a decent track record along those lines. I want him gone, I've had enough of his slipshod performances. Why doesn't Sully bench him? Why does he get a pass. What a terrible deal that's turning out to be.

Because he’s not getting scored on so for being so “terrible” away from the puck he’s somehow doing better than Sprong who was on the ice for more GA than Brassard in only his Pittsburgh time somehow.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Because he’s not getting scored on so for being so “terrible” away from the puck he’s somehow doing better than Sprong who was on the ice for more GA than Brassard in only his Pittsburgh time somehow.
Brassard is a center and is far more seasoned and should be better defensively. I put more onus on a center in the D zone than I do a wing. I think we can agree that Brassard has far more responsibility in that regard.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And he’s been scored on the least out of anyone in our top nine aside from Pearson.
And how much of that can be attributed to the ice time disparity, because his minutes are much lower than Sid and Geno's.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yet there are 6 other players in our top nine.

His GA per 60 is lowest out of our regularly played forwards.

And he now has 4 points in his last six games. Including 3 goals.

Whipping boy.
The sooner he's gone the better!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, the supporting cast went downhill fast, but particularly on D...they got old and the younger replacements weren't as good...but the main issue has been goaltending...Crawford has been injured a lot and the replacements haven't been as good as prime Crawford...

The equivalent for us would be if Letang declined into a number 3 or 4 defenseman and we lost Kessel without replacing him. And even then, Kane and Toews were/are worse than Crosby/Malkin to begin with.

So yeah....in that light it makes sense I guess. Put a worse version of Letang on this team and take away Kessel and we're not even in a playoff spot right now.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Brassard has been fine since we actually gave him permanent line mates six games ago.

He was our best forward on the ice last night.
Our Best forward last night? You predicate that opinion on what exactly?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Brassard has been fine since we actually gave him permanent line mates six games ago.

He was easily one of our best forwards on the ice last night.

Although his face off acumen is troubling and a big reason why he’s always playing in the defensive zone.

The bottom line people need to realize is that a guy can disappoint but still be the best option. We are better with brassard in the lineup. Benching him is ridiculous.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Our Best forward last night? You predicate that opinion on what exactly?

I thought he looked really good.

All the lines did really.

Not sure why anyone would be down on anyone, 5v5 they looked good... except ZAR naturally.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I thought he looked really good.

All the lines did really.

Not sure why anyone would be down on anyone, 5v5 they looked good... except ZAR naturally.
I don't know, cause we find ways to lose 10 straight to the same team?

And again 5v5 doesn't tell the whole story, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad