Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 5, Pens 3 | Welp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We get outworked by the Blackhawks. It's like they have no respect for us and pressure constantly... and it works.
It's hard to respect a team you routinely take to the woodshed 10 consecutive games. We ought to be ashamed of ourselves.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
CHI's a pesky team that always plays PIT like a hated rival of theirs where as we just give them too much respect and don't get emotionally into it, it seems.
Last time we beat them, if i remember right, Orpik took Toews out(or his arm).

I suppose CDS started cuz well, the Hawks just aren't very good on paper but they've been playing well of late.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Ah, the hot takes. I have been missing them for the past two weeks. I thought we played decently, except for obviously the PK and the PP. Ironically Pearson and Malkin played very well and then took unnecessary penalties which turned the game around but if lines two and three continue building chemistry I remain optimistic.

The PK was due some bad games after being incredibly good for the last months. The most frustrating thing was getting too cute on the 5 on 3 against a not so great goalie and defence when we needed a goal to regain the momentum. You are a veteran team, act like it.

Let's see how we respond against FLA, another team that can be underestimated easily.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
CDS has been crap in many clutch games this season, always giving up the back-breaker.
Give him an extended break, ride Murray for all he's worth. Then re-assess.

Don’t let the 8 game win streak fool you, this is still the same fatally flawed bunch of ****ers that they were before the streak.

Garbage D, garbage passes, piss poor execution, garbage goaltending, stupid penalties...

I’d put more effort into this post but the Pens didn’t so so **** them and **** this.

HF Boards at its finest

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Disappointed to lose that after the hot start, but not sure why. Another night where the other team wanted to prove a point far more than we did.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Last night at the game there were video messages from:

Fleury - Typical goofy smiling message. People broke out in tears.

Max "Traitor" Talbot - Filmed from his terrible hotel room in Russia. Told the guys not to take for granted every game you play in the NHL.

Ray Shero - Really long heart felt message. Thanked Mario, the fans, pretty much everyone. Pretty heart felt.

Brooks Orpik - Filmed in front of a blurred out Caps logo background. Seemed like a troll job. I mean find a brick wall or something to send a message to your former team.

Dan Blysma - Short and uncomfortable. He didn't get boo'd surprisingly but I guess the fans at the game aren't the lunatic fringe.

Missing was Jordan Staal. Kinda weird no? Is there bad blood?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last night at the game there were video messages from:

Fleury - Typical goofy smiling message. People broke out in tears.

Max "Traitor" Talbot - Filmed from his terrible hotel room in Russia. Told the guys not to take for granted every game you play in the NHL.

Ray Shero - Really long heart felt message. Thanked Mario, the fans, pretty much everyone. Pretty heart felt.

Brooks Orpik - Filmed in front of a blurred out Caps logo background. Seemed like a troll job. I mean find a brick wall or something to send a message to your former team.

Dan Blysma - Short and uncomfortable. He didn't get boo'd surprisingly but I guess the fans at the game aren't the lunatic fringe.

Missing was Jordan Staal. Kinda weird no? Is there bad blood?

Dupuis was missing too. No message + not there.

Is the organization pissed at him?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Dupuis was missing too. No message + not there.

Is the organization pissed at him?

Someone here said he was supposed to be there but canceled at the last minute due to family complications. The videos were only for guys who were still playing I think.

Didn’t remember Philippe Boucher or Matthieu garon.

If they aren’t pissed at him they should be.

Also missing were sykora and Satan now I think about it.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Don’t let the 8 game win streak fool you, this is still the same fatally flawed bunch of ****ers that they were before the streak.

Garbage D, garbage passes, piss poor execution, garbage goaltending, stupid penalties...

I’d put more effort into this post but the Pens didn’t so so **** them and **** this.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Fatty McLardy

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was overall pretty pleased with what I saw, just think the PK really let them down, but sometimes that happens, whatever.

Was pretty happy with seeing the emerging chemistry from the second and third lines. Lots of nice plays, but most importantly Malkin seemed to be hopping again. Pearson really impressed me as well.

My only real concern is the steak being over, because teams tend to go on a slide after coming off a long win streak. They are also going on a long western swing after the Fl game, so hoping that pulls them together and they play smart road hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille