Confirmed with Link: Bjugstad, McCann to PIT for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd ('19) & two 4th rounders (both '19)

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
It’s ironic that the CBJ fans tell us “you have bad information” when they can’t even figure out that Bobrovski (the good goalie version) is by far the more needed asset rather than Panarin.

It’s furthermore ironic that they think all prospective FL player trades must involve only Pan and Bob.

Finally, the most ironic thing I saw posted was the implication that Kekalainen doesn’t HAVE TO trade away Pan and Bob but that Tallon MUST get them.

It’s all a ruse to say - pay up suckers. Tallon is not falling for that type of juvenile crap.

Oh so someone saw this guy coming... Hahaha

I guess our Columbus buddy really likes Tippett, Borgstrom, and all our prospects... Oh no, he will say they are trash and have to throw two of them at the Jackets to even have a chance at Panarin...

Well guess what dear friend, we only wanted a chance to improve, and that's what we got now with cap-space... Now go on another board tell another fan-base how you are so sour about losing your two top-players... I really feel sorry for Columbus fans, but I shouldn't 'cause you've enjoyed playoffs the last two years !

:)

Reactions: KW

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Oh so someone saw this guy coming... Hahaha

I guess our Columbus buddy really likes Tippett, Borgstrom, and all our prospects... Oh no, he will say they are trash and have to throw two of them at the Jackets to even have a chance at Panarin...

Well guess what dear friend, we only wanted a chance to improve, and that's what we got now with cap-space... Now go on another board tell another fan-base how you are so sour about losing your two top-players... I really feel sorry for Columbus fans, but I shouldn't 'cause you've enjoyed playoffs the last two years !

:)

The desperation just seeps through from Lumbus. "You'll get the chance to witness most amazing player ever to play the game of hockey for the next two-three months for the cheap price of... your entire farm. Deal?"

Reactions: pantherbot and KW

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think we can all agree we *need*

1) 1A goalie
2) minimum top 4 D, preferably RHD

Shouldn’t we be acquiring those pieces before Panarin? They’re not going to come cheap either.

I like Panarin as much as anyone. And would like him on this team but we’d be adding to a postion of strength.

I guess it’s possible we can do all three (cap space is there) and the market may not allow us to get the three above with any prioritization. Bob on a long term contract worries me.

I’d also like a defensively responsible bottom 6 center to take some 5 on 5 matchup minutes away from Barkov.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Two things:
There's no direct indication that goat lending as an independent factor in the equation is to be blamed. Dale is going to walking on hot coals here because if he trades for or picks up Bob from the FA and the same 90.0 save% also occurs with Bob then what do you? If Reimer got traded to Lumbus and he bounces back to .915-.920 save% while the Cats also threw in their 2nd round pick in order to get CBJs pick up Reimer. I would think that this kind of scenario would be on the same level with Hall for Larsson-trade considering the screw up on the outcome but also on the beforehand knowledge that three goalies have posted similar stats this season with this defense and Bob has been on the same level with Reimer for the past year or so. This Rovsky acquisition could be a one-way ticket to the world of pain considering the underlying stats etc.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

1) 1A goalie
2) minimum top 4 D, preferably RHD

Shouldn’t we be acquiring those pieces before Panarin? They’re not going to come cheap either.

I like Panarin as much as anyone. And would like him on this team but we’d be adding to a postion of strength.

I guess it’s possible we can do all three (cap space is there) and the market may not allow us to get the three above with any prioritization. Bob on a long term contract worries me.

I’d also like a defensively responsible bottom 6 center to take some 5 on 5 matchup minutes away from Barkov.

Shehean might be that center. I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-signed if he plays well instead of flipped for a 6th rounder.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Two things:
There's no direct indication that goat lending as an independent factor in the equation is to be blamed. Dale is going to walking on hot coals here because if he trades for or picks up Bob from the FA and the same 90.0 save% also occurs with Bob then what do you? If Reimer got traded to Lumbus and he bounces back to .915-.920 save% while the Cats also threw in their 2nd round pick in order to get CBJs pick up Reimer. I would think that this kind of scenario would be on the same level with Hall for Larsson-trade considering the screw up on the outcome but also on the beforehand knowledge that three goalies have posted similar stats this season with this defense and Bob has been on the same level with Reimer for the past year or so. This Rovsky acquisition could be a one-way ticket to the world of pain considering the underlying stats etc.
Saying to take caution with Bob is fine. I would argue that the past 5 years should weigh more than a down season from a player that wants out but I get it.

But then to compare Reimer and a 2nd for Bob to Hall for Larsson? Insane. James Reimer is trash lol.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
But then to compare Reimer and a 2nd for Bob to Hall for Larsson? Insane. James Reimer is trash lol.

But you do know that this season is an anomaly on his track record, and on Lu's career stats as well. Dale goes out to acquire Rovsky for Reimer + Brassard + 2nd only realize that Rovsky also seems to post digits below 90 on save% and he's locked up for the next 6-8 years while Reimer goes back to his regular self posting .915 as a backup for Lumbus. With that kind of an outcome, Dale is the next Chiarelli.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Getting Bobrovsky is obviously a risk (a pretty big one, imo), but you're comparing a starting goalie with two Vezinas to a backup goalie who has eclipsed 40 games twice. There is no comparison, this isn't a young top-end player for a young top-end player, this is a two-time Vezina winner for a backup. They are fundamentally different types of players.

Trading Reimer for Bobrovsky would unanimously be seen as a great deal for the Panthers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Getting Bobrovsky is obviously a risk (a pretty big one, imo), but you're comparing a starting goalie with two Vezinas to a backup goalie who has eclipsed 40 games twice. There is no comparison, this isn't a young top-end player for a young top-end player, this is a two-time Vezina winner for a backup.They are fundamentally different types of players.

Trading Reimer for Bobrovsky would unanimously be seen as a great deal for the Panthers, regardless of the picks involved.

This is investing and, thus, past performance is not indicative of future results i.e. are we banking on what he once was and that he's not going to continue on the trajectory he has been on the past 1-2 years or so.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Shehean might be that center. I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-signed if he plays well instead of flipped for a 6th rounder.
Agreed. If he plays well he could be more valuable to us as the 4C than getting a low pick. Even if we eventually foresee Lammikko in that position it'd be good for him to have some competition.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Big change for Bjugstad.

He wins a game.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
It’s ironic that the CBJ fans tell us “you have bad information” when they can’t even figure out that Bobrovski (the good goalie version) is by far the more needed asset rather than Panarin.

It’s furthermore ironic that they think all prospective FL player trades must involve only Pan and Bob.

Finally, the most ironic thing I saw posted was the implication that Kekalainen doesn’t HAVE TO trade away Pan and Bob but that Tallon MUST get them.

It’s all a ruse to say - pay up suckers. Tallon is not falling for that type of juvenile crap.

Bobrovsky sucks! Check out his playoff numbers. Every year that guy folds from the playoff pressure. If you want to pay a long term deal for him you guys get what you deserve. I look for players that raise their game come playoff time because some guys lift their games and some fold under the pressure.

Pens are lucky they have guys that elevate their games like Guentzel and Murray not to mention our stars. Buyer beware on BOB.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bobrovsky sucks! Check out his playoff numbers. Every year that guy folds from the playoff pressure. If you want to pay a long term deal for him you guys get what you deserve. I look for players that raise their game come playoff time because some guys lift their games and some fold under the pressure.

Pens are lucky they have guys that elevate their games like Guentzel and Murray not to mention our stars. Buyer beware on BOB.
Depends on the price.

He’s not gonna be worse than what we’ve had this year.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Shehean won’t be resigning here. Our 4c are set for the foreseeable future. That would be stupid cap management

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Great f***in trade.

Keep em both pls. Sheahan is one of those great along the boards heavy that I've been cryin for.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Great ****in trade.

Keep em both pls. Sheahan is one of those great along the boards heavy that I've been cryin for.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be in a major hurry to want to get rid of them. They had a great showing today. They add professional grit we lack.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yeah, I wouldn’t be in a major hurry to want to get rid of them. They had a great showing today. They add professional grit we lack.
They were both playing the Trocheck brand of try hard tonight.

I hope for a little patience for some chemistry to possibly develop between Vince Hoff and Brass.

Reactions: KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad