Confirmed with Link: Bjugstad, McCann to PIT for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd ('19) & two 4th rounders (both '19)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So yes Florida fans, you will likely have to trade for Panarin and yes, it will be for something you dont want to give up.

Tallon and the rest of the brass won't be overpaying especially how the Hoffman-trade went through and Panarin stating that he won't be discussing about contract extensions before 1st of July. Besides, defense is the most concerning part of this team atm and only after that Panarin or whoever big time scorer on the FA comes next. If there's going to a be a trade then Kekalainen has to get nervous and make a trade in order to retain some value before Panarin hits the FA. But the odds of that happening is pretty low. Tallon is in love with the guys he has drafted so he puts a lot of value on the prospect pool so he won't be trading those guys for a pending UFA.

PavelLevap

Feb 2, 2019
Tallon and the rest of the brass won't be overpaying especially how the Hoffman-trade went through and Panarin stating that he won't be discussing about contract extensions before 1st of July. Besides, defense is the most concerning part of this team atm and only after that Panarin or whoever big time scorer on the FA comes next. If there's going to a be a trade then Kekalainen has to get nervous and make a trade in order to retain some value before Panarin hits the FA. But the odds of that happening is pretty low. Tallon is in love with the guys he has drafted so he puts a lot of value on the prospect pool so he won't be trading those guys for a pending UFA.

Well first of all you have very incorrect info. He said he wasnt going to talk long term extensions, not extensions at all. Second he also said that with columbus, on a new team, especially say to a new york or chicago, that changes.

Jarmo does not HAVE to make a trade. Columbus can let him walk for nothing. Sure it sucks, but keeping him for the rest of the year will give them more production than just trading him for table scraps would. Its all about what columbus gets in trade value.

Lastly, Tallon could love his draft prospects all he wants, however its looking like another year without the playoffs, another year wasted and rooting for the future, that clock on his contract will keep ticking and it will run out of time soon and he knows that.

Then theres a pretty solid chance panarin never plays a game in a florida sweater. You guys keep screaming wait til july 1st, however columbus just simply trades him to one of his other prefered destinations and boom, UFA Panarin dream is over.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Well first of all you have very incorrect info. He said he wasnt going to talk long term extensions, not extensions at all. Second he also said that with columbus, on a new team, especially say to a new york or chicago, that changes.

Jarmo does not HAVE to make a trade. Columbus can let him walk for nothing. Sure it sucks, but keeping him for the rest of the year will give them more production than just trading him for table scraps would. Its all about what columbus gets in trade value.

Lastly, Tallon could love his draft prospects all he wants, however its looking like another year without the playoffs, another year wasted and rooting for the future, that clock on his contract will keep ticking and it will run out of time soon and he knows that.

Then theres a pretty solid chance panarin never plays a game in a florida sweater. You guys keep screaming wait til july 1st, however columbus just simply trades him to one of his other prefered destinations and boom, UFA Panarin dream is over.

Considering that the Cats were one point away from the playoffs last year so the expectations for this season were pretty high after adding Hoffman into the team.

I'm not sure why some folks are getting so hinged up on Panarin ending up on Florida no matter the cost. Scoring isn't the issue on this team, it's the defense and the goat lending. So I really don't care if Panarin doesn't end up in Florida because that just takes minutes away from e.g. a guy like Vatrano who's a 20-30 goal scorer with middle6 minutes. Panarin is a very good player 'n all that good stuff but it doesn't make sense on putting the guy first on the priority list when the management has to invest the cap space well. You just have get used to the idea that you're not getting anything considerably valuable out from the Panthers if there's trade for Panarin. Playoffs or no playoffs this year.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Hey CBJ fan here.

Just did some reading, somethings i wanted to point out.

You have cap space and alot of it. Cool, great.

However, for starters all the other rumored panarin destinations also have cap space to sign him even his beloved chicago and rangers.

Just because you have the cap space doesnt mean you are toing to get him. It means you enter the conversation for a bidding war with 5 or 6 other teams.

However if you trade for him you go from say lets be generous and say a 30% chance to sign him as a FA to starting at 100% chance when you trade for him because youll already have him on the team, be able to woo him every day and gel with the team and all the other great stuff

Heres the downside

Trading for him is still going to cost a pretty penny. Im talking a FRP, and 2 of your top 4 prospects. They were rumored to have conversations with boston and they asked for Debrusk, their FRP and more.

Panarin will come in a trade with a price that hurts because they are content making the playoffs and seeing what happens and letting him walk if thats how it works out. They wont make a move just to make a move, thats how GMs get fired.

Second if you wait til july first and you want to be naiive enough to say yes the CBJ will trade him no matter what just to get something back, then whats to say they wont move him to say the rangers or blackhawks to respect his wishes and thet dont let him hit FA? Then florida made all these moves for nothing because with the roster as is, is struggling to compete for the playoffs.

So yes Florida fans, you will likely have to trade for Panarin and yes, it will be for something you dont want to give up.
We didn't make the moves for nothing, because we weren't winning with the guys we traded away today and also they are completely replaceable players (this isn't Crosby, McDavid or Kuch we let go, it's Bjugs/McCann).

We won't have to trade for Panarin, just have to signal to every agent in the league that Florida is willing to make players very wealthy on July 1st to come play here if owners will back it up.

Even if we miss out on Bob and Bread, not the end of the world.

PavelLevap

Feb 2, 2019
Considering that the Cats were one point away from the playoffs last year so the expectations for this season were pretty high after adding Hoffman into the team.

I'm not sure why some folks are getting so hinged up on Panarin ending up on Florida no matter the cost. Scoring isn't the issue on this team, it's the defense and the goat lending. So I really don't care if Panarin doesn't end up in Florida because that just takes minutes away from e.g. a guy like Vatrano who's a 20-30 goal scorer with middle6 minutes. Panarin is a very good player 'n all that good stuff but it doesn't make sense on putting the guy first on the priority list when the management has to invest the cap space well. You just have get used to the idea that you're not getting anything considerably valuable out from the Panthers if there's trade for Panarin. Playoffs or no playoffs this year.

But they still missed. The nhl doesnt reward you for being close enough.

And i dont care if we dont get anything considerable from the panthers. Thats one of about 10 teams, it just means we probably never see panarin in a Panthers sweater.

PavelLevap

Feb 2, 2019
We didn't make the moves for nothing, because we weren't winning with the guys we traded away today and also they are completely replaceable players (this isn't Crosby, McDavid or Kuch we let go, it's Bjugs/McCann).

We won't have to trade for Panarin, just have to signal to every agent in the league that Florida is willing to make players very wealthy on July 1st to come play here if owners will back it up.

Even if we miss out on Bob and Bread, not the end of the world.

All the money in the world doesnt help the Panthers though, i mean the blue jackets history isnt much better, but FAs arent lining up to sign to play in Florida.

And like i said, its not the end of the world for you, but keep missing playoffs and losing and its not your job on the line, maybe not this year but in the not so distant future.

Edit: nice pictures. Lebron never moved out of Ohio when he went to Miami. Vacation doesnt really mean a whole lot.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

And i dont care if we dont get anything considerable from the panthers. Thats one of about 10 teams, it just means we probably never see panarin in a Panthers sweater.

Is there something complicated what I said? The issue is here is that the defense leaks like mofo and the Panthers are supposed to fix that by acquiring Panarin?

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
All the money in the world doesnt help the Panthers though, i mean the blue jackets history isnt much better, but FAs arent lining up to sign to play in Florida.

And like i said, its not the end of the world for you, but keep missing playoffs and losing and its not your job on the line, maybe not this year but in the not so distant future.

Edit: nice pictures. Lebron never moved out of Ohio when he went to Miami. Vacation doesnt really mean a whole lot.
If all teams offered him the same amount on July 1st, our only bargaining chips would be weather (got that beat on Chi/NY), taxes and his KHL buddy Dadonov.

Lebron is bad example, he was born there, so he felt guilty about leaving Akron/Cavs. Panarin is from Russia, so no home sickness unless he feels that way about Chicago. Even when Lebron "went home" he was still coming to Miami before he finally sold his home, he loved the weather here and his BFF Wade.

As of right now, Rags, Hawks and Cats are all out of the playoffs, so he's not choosing between Cup contenders here lol. If he's about fame, well NY and Chi destroys Fla completely.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Again. EK65 is fantastic. But he isnt what we need.

Swing for a deal and get Pietroangelo to sunrise

Panarin Barkov Dadonov
Huberdeau Trocheck Vatrano
Hoffman Borgstrom Malgin
Who Gives a ****

Yandle Ekblad
Matheson Pietroangelo
Weegar Pysyk

Bobrovsky

DAMN

Like it. But, Pysyk can go at trade deadline for pick. Malgin, meh. 4th line matters. Sceviour-Lamm-Hawryluk. Mamin Ang Tippett all in the mix.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I finally changed my signature thing, this was the most exciting day of the season. I'm not sure banking on a huge summer in February is a great plan but I'm buying in. And Reimer rumored to be done here, rare good day as a fan.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Seems like a forgone conclusion almost that Panarin and Bobrovsky will sign, where do you guys take that optimism? Just wondering haven't been following for that last few months??

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Seems like a forgone conclusion almost that Panarin and Bobrovsky will sign, where do you guys take that optimism? Just wondering haven't been following for that last few months??
Lebrun/Bobby Mack

Bobrovsky has always been a fairly logical choice to come here, Florida had cap room for him before this trade and the current goalie situation is untenable. Panarin is the one out of left field. This trade opens up room to bring him in, and if not, a couple nice consolation prizes like Stone and Trouba are out there.

Reactions: geisterpanthers

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
It doesnt necessarily have to be Panarin this summer BTW. We could go with Bob and Stone. Stone and Barky would be insanely good defensively, and maybe the price difference between Stone and Panarin would allow us to keep Daddy and Hoffman. Heck, we could even offer sheet Marner.

Marner could possibly demand $12mil/year plus.... i just don’t think you can do that on this team when you are paying Barky, Hubs $5.9/year...

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Bob will get a minimum of 8 mil. He is already making 7+ and wont take a pay cut. He also wants to be the highest paid goalie in the league.

We'll gladly pay the multiple vezina winner, like he's a multiple vezina winner.. He'll look good behind,

Panarin-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman
Heponiemi-Borgstrom-Tippett

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
We'll gladly pay the multiple vezina winner, like he's a multiple vezina winner.. He'll look good behind,

Panarin-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman
Heponiemi-Borgstrom-Tippett

Panarin-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Vatrano
Hoffman-Borgstrom-Tippett

No way does Hepo make the team next season.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
People talking about this trade as a capdump and that Bjugstad had negative value? We got a 2nd rounder, a player that's probably worth a 2nd rounder (Brassard has had a bad season, but he's got a history of being a playoff performer and even the most cap handicapped teams can afford him when we retain 50%, + centers always go for a premium), a player that's worth a lower pick (maybe a 4th or a 5th) and two lower picks. McCann was so inconsistent that meh is all I can feel about him. All in all, pretty good value coming back and both teams got what they wanted.

Tallon could also use this 2nd rounder and/or what Brassard brings back, to entice teams to take Reimer.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

My guess is that panarin gets traded to a contending team looking to make a run or a playoff push. But the only team that may potentially sign him long term and is in that position would be the nyr, and that's just barely.

I would be surprised if Columbus traded panarin to nyr this season, how bad would it look on kek if he trades panarin to them and they push could out of the playoffs?

So I think realistically the potential teams for panarin that make sense now would be the top teams in the East or any of the contending/pushing teams in the West.

If we give up anything for panarin in season I will be pissed. It would be such a waste of assets to get a 'nice to have' player.

Bob I'm less sure of because teams making a push won't want to change goal so drastically barring a major injury. Maybe a team in the West because again it would look so bad if the team that got bob pushed Columbus out of the playoffs.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s ironic that the CBJ fans tell us “you have bad information” when they can’t even figure out that Bobrovski (the good goalie version) is by far the more needed asset rather than Panarin.

It’s furthermore ironic that they think all prospective FL player trades must involve only Pan and Bob.

Finally, the most ironic thing I saw posted was the implication that Kekalainen doesn’t HAVE TO trade away Pan and Bob but that Tallon MUST get them.

It’s all a ruse to say - pay up suckers. Tallon is not falling for that type of juvenile crap.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lebrun/Bobby Mack

Bobrovsky has always been a fairly logical choice to come here, Florida had cap room for him before this trade and the current goalie situation is untenable. Panarin is the one out of left field. This trade opens up room to bring him in, and if not, a couple nice consolation prizes like Stone and Trouba are out there.

We are getting Pietroangelo too damn it.

I'll speak this into existence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad