Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Kinda funny that he's better than the guy they shoved him aside for. Who knew 3 years later just keeping him woulda been the best option.
I did, but I understood why they wanted to move on. Ugh, everything about that Fitz contract was so awful. I'm glad Buddy Nix is finally gone from this team.

And this team would have been slightly better keeping Fitz around. Orton was statistically a near carbon copy of what Fitz brought, albeit in a different manner. You don't want either guy starting, obviously, so it's moot.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
They overachieved honestly. I don't think anybody realistically saw 9 wins. Orton played okay considering that he came out of retirement in August. Its not like he came in, in football shape. Fitz would have and wasn't part retired.
Fitz had a career season last year. His thanks was being kicked to the ****ing curb. Dude sucks.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
They overachieved honestly. I don't think anybody realistically saw 9 wins. Orton played okay considering that he came out of retirement in August. Its not like he came in, in football shape. Fitz would have and wasn't part retired.

I don't think they overachieved last year. I remember ESPN saying Buffalo had the best chance from going worst to first last off-season. Most fans had them pegged anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Bills did overachieve last year. The Pats win doesn't count. They won the majority of close games, including two with ridiculous odds against them which required Minnesota and Detroit badly screwing up. They had very good luck with injuries.

Objectively, it was the usual 6-8 win Bills team last year that had some things go their way. That's NFL life with poor QB play.

I'm predicting 7-9 next year with a below average, extremely safe offense and a defense that should remain strong despite my better analytical judgment. If the defense gets the injury bug unlike last year, then it's a disaster.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Chiefs loss was the only one I'd say the Bills blew

Raider and Dolphin games weren't even close

Texan game they were just horrible and only stayed within 1 possession with the crazy lucky Williams long TD

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Chiefs loss was the only one I'd say the Bills blew

Raider and Dolphin games weren't even close

Texan game they were just horrible and only stayed within 1 possession with the crazy lucky Williams long TD

EJ doesn't throw that pick 6 and the Bills win easily.

I'd say the Bills could of easily won the Chiefs-Texans games

I'd also say they could of lost the Vikings-Lions games

Fair is fair.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
So was Fitzpatrick. Watt going 90 yards swung that game.

Oakland was a one possession game before the 3rd and 20, what are you even talking about?

Miami is the only one even arguable as "not close" and that had its fare share of swings.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
So was Fitzpatrick. Watt going 90 yards swung that game.

Oakland was a one possession game before the 3rd and 20, what are you even talking about?

Miami is the only one even arguable as "not close" and that had its fare share of swings.

Doesn't fit the narrative. A team is as good as its record, that's it.

Even after the first winning season in a decade, someone claims that "objectively", they only deserved 6-8 wins. lol. This team could get to 12 wins this year and some would still say that 9 wins was a fluke.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

Even after the first winning season in a decade, someone claims that "objectively", they only deserved 6-8 wins. lol. This team could get to 12 wins this year and some would still say that 9 wins was a fluke.

# wins is just a probabilistic outcome on a distribution determined by how well we and our opponents play. Where w ends up in relation to E[w] is a valid topic of analysis. Whether it is more or less.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
# wins is just a probabilistic outcome on a distribution determined by how well we and our opponents play. Where w ends up in relation to E[w] is a valid topic of analysis. Whether it is more or less.

no ones arguing that, they're arguing that OMG THIS 1 PLAY FLKUE WE SHUD HAVE LOOST! which is stupid and pointless

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Down 2 possessions the majority of the game is not close

no ones arguing that, they're arguing that OMG THIS 1 PLAY FLKUE WE SHUD HAVE LOOST! which is stupid and pointless
Cool, let's just look at the stats and ignore when defenders trip and run into each other allowing huge TD plays. Yay, we're all Mike Schopp. WE'RE SO SMART!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo

Yes, objectively. They won a game they very likely would have lost against a team that did not try. A team that actually tanked.

And what does their possible record this year have to do with last year. Mock me for using objectively again, homer.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

And, using at least one metric (DVOA), the Bills were the 10th best team in football on a play by play basis, despite an awful offense (26th, I believe). With an expected wins total of exactly 9.0.

Leelee Phoenix said:
Yes, objectively. They won a game they very likely would have lost against a team that did not try. A team that actually tanked.

I guarentee the players on the field in that game were trying. To suggest otherwise is asinine.

Should we put an asterisk by KC's and Miami's win over them early in the season because Gronk wasn't Gronk yet? You play them when they are on the schedule. The Bills won the game.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
4-14: EJ MANUEL WITH JOHN MURPHY ON WGR (12:56)

CClt3qgWIAAaAe6.jpg

4-14: BILLS' OL COACH AARON KROMER WITH JOHN MURPHY ON WGR (13:05)

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Gotta love the plane story and giving him the "don't let Mario Williams leave the building" treatment

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Down 2 possessions the majority of the game is not close

Cool, let's just look at the stats and ignore when defenders trip and run into each other allowing huge TD plays. Yay, we're all Mike Schopp. WE'RE SO SMART! Dumbass.
Are you drunk? Are fourth quarters suddenly the majority of games? Are you just talking about the Raiders game, where Oakland still needed to convert a third and 20 to not give the Bills the chance at a game winning drive? Do DVOA numbers totally contradict your contrarian ********* about the Bills being worse than their record?

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY

And what does their possible record this year have to do with last year. Mock me for using objectively again, homer.

Well sorry, you can't just erase wins. Marking them down for a loss had NE tried doesn't work. They beat the hottest team in the NFC two weeks prior. Objectively, in reality, they won 9 football games, or 8 with a game in hand if that's how you wanna look it at. Subjectively, in your mind, they were a 6-8 win team. Calling you out on BS doesn't make me a homer, its just the reasonable thing to do, and clearly I'm not alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad