Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Tebow probably gets cut. I'm over the guy. He's not even average at best. Granted if he bit his tongue and played FB or TE he'd maybe have a decent career. Instead the fact he's super mad religious and the great guy he is....we care. Would he be so beloved though if he wasn't super religious? I have nothing against people having beliefs and all though I don't much care for organized religion. But if he were a normal guy who wasn't religious would the media be so lovey dovey about him and be like "that's the guy I want my daughter to date" and all that stuff.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Tebow probably gets cut. I'm over the guy. He's not even average at best. Granted if he bit his tongue and played FB or TE he'd maybe have a decent career. Instead the fact he's super mad religious and the great guy he is....we care. Would he be so beloved though if he wasn't super religious? I have nothing against people having beliefs and all though I don't much care for organized religion. But if he were a normal guy who wasn't religious would the media be so lovey dovey about him and be like "that's the guy I want my daughter to date" and all that stuff.

The religion thing is the main reason why he has such a following. The media covers him because of the following. His following and the derivative media attention being vastly disproportionate to his skill set is the source of his criticism. His followers either willfully or ignorantly misconstrue that criticism as being criticism of his religion.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
Nice... can't wait! I'm guessing two night games in addition to the 10 AM (?) tilt in London.

You can pretty much chalk up any night games we get as automatic losses, Bills are like 2-500 in primetime since the Kelly era ended.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago

The funny thing is I was just finally starting to not hate him. The guy was actually a pretty good tv analyst...

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I think religion is #3 on why Tebow is so popular behind 1) arguably greatest college football player ever, and 2) he's extremely handsome.

I'm curious on #1. He had a heisman and 2 titles but the first one he wasn't a big factor and wasn't the starter. Seems subjective really and its hard if you haven't seen all of college football.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I've always wondered why this day exists if we are so against pot? Yet people want it legalized for medical reasons so it must be good. Why can't we just legalize it already? Tax the **** out of it like alcohol. Its not an addictive drug like alcohol.

Funny to think that maybe all those stoners people bagged on in highschool may have been smarter than people thought.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Pointless unless Bills can turn that 4th rounder into an equivalent-or-better-talent QB immediately, which wouldn't be a given, so why do it?

Chip Kelly the Miracle Worker. :laugh:
Hey Tim, are you telling us Jesus wasn't paying the bills?

The religion thing is the main reason why he has such a following. The media covers him because of the following. His following and the derivative media attention being vastly disproportionate to his skill set is the source of his criticism. His followers either willfully or ignorantly misconstrue that criticism as being criticism of his religion.
Another irony being that 2000 years ago, a man/(God) developed a following directly proportionate to His skill set, in either the absence of, or in contrast to, the media of that day.

I think religion is #3 on why Tebow is so popular behind 1) arguably greatest college football player ever, and 2) he's extremely handsome.
Is it possible your view of #2 clouds your thinking on #1. :sarcasm:

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Pointless unless Bills can turn that 4th rounder into an equivalent-or-better-talent QB immediately, which wouldn't be a given, so why do it?
Get something for EJ while you can. They're already hinting Cassel is the starter, and the best window to trade EJ is after June when his cap loss isn't bad.

I don't see EJ having any trade value, though. Who wants to give an asset and pay him $5.3M for the next 2 years? May as well wait until the Bills finally let him go for nothing.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Sal on WGR thinks the Bills should attempt to trade all of their picks after their 3rd rounder for picks next season. His rationale is that with how many vets are on the roster, those guys if drafted this year, won't have a chance at making the roster anyway. Better to have them next year when we will have holes to fill due to losing guys to free agency. Have to admit, I found his argument persuasive.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sal on WGR thinks the Bills should attempt to trade all of their picks after their 3rd rounder for picks next season. His rationale is that with how many vets are on the roster, those guys if drafted this year, won't have a chance at making the roster anyway. Better to have them next year when we will have holes to fill due to losing guys to free agency. Have to admit, I found his argument persuasive.

It's a sensible argument.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Also, I'd like to note, I absolutely hate all the hype the schedule release gets. Doesn't interest me at all. I don't care about prime time games, I don't care too much when we play who. It's just a blip on the radar to me, and I'll never understand the big hype everyone gives it.

Things I'll look for when the schedule gets released:

1) Hope the game @Jets is late in the year so I can get cheap tickets because the Jets suck
2) Hope we don't play NE coming off their bye

And that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad