Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
We really are not forced to take anything. We are in a unique situation he haven't been in for a long time, we can take BPA. I have this sneaking suspicion that Whaley will trade into the late first to grab a guy.

I think he said in an interview he won't do that.

But I do think we need an offensive lineman. If not in the second than the third. Other than that I agree.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
We really are not forced to take anything. We are in a unique situation he haven't been in for a long time, we can take BPA. I have this sneaking suspicion that Whaley will trade into the late first to grab a guy.
I think it's painfully obvious we need O-line help. You can't upgrade the skill positions (except QB) and just hope the OL suddenly remembers how to pass block and open running lanes. Clay and Incognito help but our line still features at least 2 massive liabilities with an added 0 depth. OL in the draft is imperative, hopefully Whaley's talk is just standard pre-draft, GM, bull-****

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think it's painfully obvious we need O-line help. You can't upgrade the skill positions (except QB) and just hope the OL suddenly remembers how to pass block and open running lanes. Clay and Incognito help but our line still features at least 2 massive liabilities with an added 0 depth. OL in the draft is imperative, hopefully Whaley's talk is just standard pre-draft, GM, bull-****

Agreed. I look at Incognito and Williams both as two major question marks. I'd prefer those ?s were competing for one spot whether than both being banked on to be starters. Then we have Urbik, who is decent, mediocre, manageable, but not good, and then all the draft picks form last year, none of which really showed a lot of good play IMO (Including Henderson).

I'd love if we could get at least one starter out of the group, be it a guard (then we only need one of the three veterans to be worth of a spot, and then the only hole is Henderson) or a tackle (then we just need 2 of Williams, Incognito, Urbik, and the 2nd years to prove something).

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Hoping for any immediate impactful starters in the mid-2nd round and later is likely going to fail (except for lesser positions like LB, RB). For a team that's doing all this bully blah blah talk, starting Chris Williams, Incognito and Seantrel Henderson hardly strikes fear in anyone.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Hoping for any immediate impactful starters in the mid-2nd round and later is likely going to fail (except for lesser positions like LB, RB). For a team that's doing all this bully blah blah talk, starting Chris Williams, Incognito and Seantrel Henderson hardly strikes fear in anyone.

League wide, draft picks from rounds 1-3 are generally expected and capable of significant contributions in year 1. Rounds 4 and later are where you draft projects, special teamers, troublemakers, etc.

In this particular draft, if we manage to get one of Cann, Tomlinson, Jackson, or Marpet, I would expect them to win one of the starting OG jobs in training camp.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Levitre was a second round pick that started from day 1.

You can find a starting OL in the second round. That's fairly common. Last year we just had terrible OL picks

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
I wouldn't lump Incognito in with Williams and Henderson, neither of whom has ever been a good NFL player. At least Incognito was always solid before sitting out the last year-plus. Whether he can remain a serviceable player after so much missed time, we'll see. Regardless, the O-line is still lousy and it continues to be a shame that they couldn't reel in Bulaga.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
My hopes aren't high for Incognito. Teams gave him workouts last year, and nobody wanted him. Expecting the former Pro Bowler (like that means anything) is probably hoping too much. I think penciling him in as a starter may even be assuming too much.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
My hopes aren't high for Incognito. Teams gave him workouts last year, and nobody wanted him. Expecting the former Pro Bowler (like that means anything) is probably hoping too much. I think penciling him in as a starter may even be assuming too much.

Agreed. I expect him, Chris Williams, Urbik, and the 2nd year bums to compete for the 2 starting guard spots

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
McCown didn't flat turn the Bills down, the Browns offered him more years and $$$. C'mon Wisdom of Solomon

Thank god. McCown is god awful. He's the "worst qb in Tampa Bay Buccaneers history." According to a tb beat writer whose name escapes me at the moment.

No accuracy, no arm strength, no mobility, no pocket presence... Only thing I've ever heard good about McCown is that off field & in the locker room, he's the nicest guy in the history if the world.

No talent, nice guy. So glad he's not wearing a Bills jersey this season.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Yeah, I remember when the Bills were wooing him and even the Murphy PR show was going on about how great McCown was for the locker room, etc...

Not that the Bills are better off with Cassel

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Of course the Bills are better off with Cassel instead of McCown.

Not that he's much of an upgrade over Orton/Manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad