Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I really like the moves they have made so far with personnel.

Clay: Top 10 TE
Cassel: Best available FA QB
McCoy: Top 3 RB
Felton: Best NFL FB?
Hughes: Keeping the NFLs top D Line in tack. Best available defensive player on the market and they sign him to a reasonable contract.

This is definitely not the same bills of the last 15 years. Pegula is making his stamp and I love it. If only we could solve the most important issue in getting a competent QB.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
McTankel did we get Clay or even get him to sign an offer sheet yet ? Or you just confident we will get him. This off season will be an A+ if we can get Clay and a starting OL and a couple depth guys and then address our big need at LB at the draft. We are completely set at RB, DL and corner. Harvin would be an amazing add if we can get him cheap. He's only turning 27. He has over 20 career total tds and averages over 7 tds a season almost 8. Him and Clay with shady in the backfield could really help Manuel

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
McTankel did we get Clay or even get him to sign an offer sheet yet ? Or you just confident we will get him. This off season will be an A+ if we can get Clay and a starting OL and a couple depth guys and then address our big need at LB at the draft. We are completely set at RB, DL and corner. Harvin would be an amazing add if we can get him cheap. He's only turning 27. He has over 20 career total tds and averages over 7 tds a season almost 8. Him and Clay with shady in the backfield could really help Manuel

I am not sure yet but from everything I hear its almost a lock he signs with us. We shall see though...Like you said Harvin would be a luxury and TBH I am not to interested in him as he always gets injured. We need to invest in our O line the most right now. Outside of QB its our most important position along with LB.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am sure we will address OL in free agency and draft our linebackers with two of our first four picks. I gotta say I wouldn't mind a safety in round 3 or 4 also. I think our secondary could be top notch if Duke improves and we add another starter caliber at the draft. I think our secondary is underrated. We are stacked at corner with McKelvin and Gilmore as our two starters and then Graham and Robey behind. I hope we can upgrade Brooks though.

This team is starting to fill out real nice. If we can just get Orton level production from our QB there is almost no way we don't get 10 wins and a wild card. I also think shady ends up with 1,400 rushing, 450 receiving and 12 total tds.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bills haven't signed Clay yet only because they're waiting for the Suh details... once they get that information they'll set up the contract so Miami can't match. Miami is interested in Cameron Jordan now.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I really like the moves they have made so far with personnel.

Clay: Top 10 TE
Cassel: Best available FA QB
McCoy: Top 3 RB
Felton: Best NFL FB?
Hughes: Keeping the NFLs top D Line in tack. Best available defensive player on the market and they sign him to a reasonable contract.

This is definitely not the same bills of the last 15 years. Pegula is making his stamp and I love it. If only we could solve the most important issue in getting a competent QB.

"Cassell: Best available FA QB"??????

Everything is wrong with this statement. Not only did they trade assets to acquire him, he would not have ben the "best available FA QB".

This is my least favorite move so far. Not only could they have signed an equal or better QB to Cassell in free agency, they also traded assets to get him.

The Bills are trying to build the 2000 Ravens. That is the last team to win without a good QB. 15 years ago. Make a move for a real QB or at least someone that could be a real QB already.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Everything is wrong with this statement. Not only did they trade assets to acquire him, he would not have ben the "best available FA QB".

This is my least favorite move so far. Not only could they have signed an equal or better QB to Cassell in free agency, they also traded assets to get him.

The Bills are trying to build the 2000 Ravens. That is the last team to win without a good QB. 15 years ago. Make a move for a real QB or at least someone that could be a real QB already.

It'd be great to have a real QB, but who, realistically, is available that fits that criteria? It's a pipe dream that we'd be able to fill that hole this off season. They're doing everything they can to be successful in spite of that, though (keeping the D together, getting an elite RB, and (hopefully) fixing the O-line). I've got no problem with the moves they've made so far.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Meh.

Cassel is a serviceable QB in the right system. He's clearly an upgrade over Orton, and provides competition for EJ. It's very possible that EJ wins the job out of camp too.

As far as assets, please. They got a pick back from MIN, so in effect they got Cassel for a single low round pick, and swapped spots elsewhere at the bottom. Also, by doing this, they didn't have to pay free agent prices for anyone else who wouldn't be that much different. Not worth spending that money with this year's free agent QB pool.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

I forget where but there were some persuasive stats posted a few days ago showing that Cassel is marginally better than the FAs we could have signed.

There were no great QBs in FA, we couldn't have drafted one even if we still had our 1st rounder, and the only decent ones available for trade were just traded for eachother. We've made a wise decision that frankly a lot of other teams should make, to accept medium QB play for the time being and improve all other aspects of the team, instead of holding up the entire operation searching for the rarest type of player on the planet.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
There were no great QBs in FA, we couldn't have drafted one even if we still had our 1st rounder, and the only decent ones available for trade were just traded for eachother. We've made a wise decision that frankly a lot of other teams should make, to accept medium QB play for the time being and improve all other aspects of the team, instead of holding up the entire operation searching for the rarest type of player on the planet.

This says it all...no idea what anyone really expected above and beyond what has been done. Great weapons make great quarterbacks, without anyone to throw to or hand off to they're useless players.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Cassel>Dilfer. Cassel has made the pro bowl. Cassel has a few player of the week awards. I think even a month.

As for Suh. Heard there's some investigating into that contract.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Cassel>Dilfer. Cassel has made the pro bowl. Cassel has a few player of the week awards. I think even a month.

As for Suh. Heard there's some investigating into that contract.

The NFL is annoyed that teams were openly announcing numbers during the pre-negotiating window when they weren't 'supposed' to be negotiating. (Although they're high if they didn't think it was going to happen.)

Nothing will come of it. Every team in the league was doing it,Miami was just first. They'll all get a nasty warning letter, and that will be that.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
LE: Dareus/Charles
NT: D.Wiliams/Charles
RE: K. Williams/ Bryant
LOLB: M. Williams/Lawson
LILB: P. Brown/*5th round pick*
RILB: Bradham/Powell
ROLB: Hughes/Lawson
CB1: Gilmore/McKelvin/Brooks
CB2: Graham/Robey
FS: A. Williams/ Rambo
SS: D. Williams/ Meeks

We're gonna need more "Williams" in the LB core.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
LE: Dareus/Charles
NT: D.Wiliams/Charles
RE: K. Williams/ Bryant
LOLB: M. Williams/Lawson
LILB: P. Brown/*5th round pick*
RILB: Bradham/Powell
ROLB: Hughes/Lawson
CB1: Gilmore/McKelvin/Brooks
CB2: Graham/Robey
FS: A. Williams/ Rambo
SS: D. Williams/ Meeks

We're gonna need more "Williams" in the LB core.

When we play a 4-3:
Mario-Dareus-Williams-Hughes
Brown-X-Bradahm

When we play a 3-4:
Mario-Dareus-Williams
Lawson-Brown-Bradahm-Hughes

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Our corner depth kinda scares me. I remember the Oakland game when Gilmore went down...Carr just picked on Brooks the entire time after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad