Post-Game Talk: Big Win 4:1 vs Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the way the Leafs played the Flames may force the Flames to make some moves ... they have a couple / three PPG players in the minors that might be better suited to the 3rd. and 4th. lines than what they're playing there now.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You know ULF I have seen so many posters criticizing Babcock but what a plan for this game tonight

There was a time when you had the big line, then it was top six bottom six, then the top 9 became a thing. The next logical step is a top 12, every line being dangerous is more likely to get points then an overloaded line. I’m sure Babcock and Leafs have a team of people doing the math.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Not sure if Leafs were really good or the Flames were really bad. They just came back from a long road trip, so perhaps that was the reason.....but hey, San Jose was in the same boat and absolutely dominated the Leafs.

Either way, a complete team effort. Other than Polak's ill-timed aggressiveness in the neutral zone, everybody was great.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
LEaf fans... im aware we’ve had our differences. But i have a serious question for you guys. Last year i won my fantasy hockey league by drafting Matthews late and adding Nylander and marner during the season. I missed out on Nylander this year so jumped the gun and took marner early. Is it getting to the point where i should drop him, or just let him ride the bench for a while. Thanks

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
There was a time when you had the big line, then it was top six bottom six, then the top 9 became a thing. The next logical step is a top 12, every line being dangerous is more likely to get points then an overloaded line. I’m sure Babcock and Leafs have a team of people doing the math.

It's so pleasing to see this kind of effort

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
LEaf fans... im aware we’ve had our differences. But i have a serious question for you guys. Last year i won my fantasy hockey league by drafting Matthews late and adding Nylander and marner during the season. I missed out on Nylander this year so jumped the gun and took marner early. Is it getting to the point where i should drop him, or just let him ride the bench for a while. Thanks

Marner getting scoring chances now; its a sign that he will turn it around shortly.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I guess so...but if this was it suceeding(which it was) we havent seen much of that lately. Great win, showed up when the puck dropped, even Hyman played well, Matthews was the only one who left me wanting more but that doesn't happen much so no cause for concern.

Lets slap the Oilers around on Thursday, I want it to get jersey throwing ugly.

*gasps* not jersey throwing ugly! Boy that was a nightmare

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I hope Andersen plays like this in April May June. Don't care if he plays like this in Oct or Nov. Playoffs matter more.

Reactions: MJ65

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Strength of schedule (home/road; expected goal%) through Dec 31, 2017. Leafs schedule coming up is BRUTAL. Bruins and Devils have it nice through the holidays.. pic.twitter.com/3KiMBxEhCr
— Travis Yost (@travisyost) November 28, 2017

DPvRZTIUEAAedZp.jpg

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Matthews did a good job on Gaudreau and Monahan. Didn’t notice them at all tonight.

I wonder if we’ll get to see Matthews vs McDavid finally or if Kadri takes that one...
Sometimes the other team just scores. I didn’t see anything egregious on that goal.

Oh that was a great goal. One of those you see and think "wow nice goal"

Both goalies were excellent tonight.

There's your 60 minute effort btw. Really good road game for the Leafs.

What's up with Matthews as others are saying? He must be nursing something I feel like he wasn't out there much and when he was he seemed pretty cautious.

Can't wait for Thursday vs Oilers I hope Kadri has a beast of a game!

I was outraged for a second on the offside review for the Komarov empty netter, then it suddenly seemed hilarious that it was happening!

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Quiet thread after a win ;)

Had this been a loss, 10+ pages easy by now lol

Yeah it's a late game. Most 9-5ers are getting ready for bed after the 1st period.

I work evenings so DVR almost every game and try to avoid spoilers which I've gotten really good at (only had one game spoiled this year so far)

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Good win on the road. Gotta bring it next game against the oil cuz McDavid will want to look good against his favourite team.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Freddy only had to make 1 really hard save (it was insane). The rest were normal chances he is supposed to stop. The Leafs played a really solid complete game tonight.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Calgary is so over-rated. They're a fast team but so sloppy, i didn't see any real structure from them. Lots of raw talent up front but man that D-Core is so over-rated.

Reactions: WilliamNylander

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Calgary is so over-rated. They're a fast team but so sloppy, i didn't see any real structure from them. Lots of raw talent up front but man that D-Core is so over-rated.

They didnt look fast at all.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
How did Nylander look last night? I see he picked up an A on the Kadri goal, was he shifted back off the fourth line?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
A really fun game to watch, lots of action at both ends.

I LOVE Borgman, this guy is already turning into a stud. Such a ballsy, powerful defender. He just keeps improving.

Andersen was brilliant. nuff said.

Zaitsev's goal was a bit lucky, as Smith should've kept his stick on the ice. I mean it was slightly deflected, but how hard is it to keep the stick in the 5 hole during any form of the butterfly? It's such an easy thing to do, and closes it right off.

Marner is buzzing out there, he's gonna get one and keep on buzzing.

don't worry .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad