Post-Game Talk: Big Win 4:1 vs Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good game. The Leafs played well for most of it and were only slowed down by some strong goaltending. We outshot our opponent which was refreshing. I think Andersen was plain confused and is still wondering where all the other shots he usually faces in a night went :).

A lot of good efforts. Hyman had a strong game, Zaitsev was really good on the blueline tonight, Andersen made a few shocking saves (too bad he didn't get that empty netter), and even guys who didn't score like Marner had some strong nights. Good way to start a road trip.

tone321

Nov 6, 2017
What a defensive effort made by whole team every1 on the roster gets a cookie

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
They said that the goal was challenged by the war room in Toronto.

"they" are idiots, it was calgary. NHL has to be run by even bigger idiots if they want to challenge an empty-netter with 0.1 seconds left...oh wait.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I hope everyone who complains about the leaf defensemen took a long close look at that supposed elite group of calgary dmen and saw every one of their horrible giveaways and men left open in front. even the gio-dougie pair got run over shift after shift, while the brodie-hamonic pair was shambolic.

their dcorps certainly didn't look as good as our dcorps.

I never want to hear that word ever again (shambolic) but well said

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
I hope everyone who complains about the leaf defensemen took a long close look at that supposed elite group of calgary dmen and saw every one of their horrible giveaways and men left open in front. even the gio-dougie pair got run over shift after shift, while the brodie-hamonic pair was shambolic.

images.jpeg
images.jpeg

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
Not to be a downer...but i think matthews is hurt he didnt look into the game, slow and didnt have his normal zip and magic

Anyone agree that injury he had a cpl weeks ago is bugging him?
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems like he isn’t at 100% imo.

Reactions: ThewThew

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Almost had the impossible of both Mcdavid and Matthews not getting shots but Mcdavid managed one.

Solid game from Matthews with good defence and an assist despite his shot sytrak being snapped.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

You can't base their overall play on one game.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
See! A-ha!

The league is anti-Leafs!

The refs did not call enough penalties against the Leafs, so they resort to this!

Boooooooooooooooooo!

Im like 99% sure it’s league policy on all goals with 2 minutes left. It’s to stop the possibility of a blown offside call if the coach is unable to challenge.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Crisp game. Nice to see some tape to tape passes all over the ice, but especially coming out of our zone. Seems like the morning skate did some good!

Man, do I ever appreciate these TSN games... I wish Rogers would just hand the NHL package back with an apology.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Other than that...defensively best game of the year. Ya can say luck on Polak goal but oh well we out played them bad.

I hope Matthews gets his game back soon. He was reaching a lot tonight and his normal quick start and stops didnt occur, along with his puck stealing. He again to me looked slow...I hope if he is injured we rest him...this is our franchise guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->