Post-Game Talk: Big Win 4:1 vs Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Matthews did a good job on Gaudreau and Monahan. Didn’t notice them at all tonight.

I wonder if we’ll get to see Matthews vs McDavid finally or if Kadri takes that one...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Crisp game. Nice to see some tape to tape passes all over the ice, but especially coming out of our zone. Seems like the morning skate did some good!

Man, do I ever appreciate these TSN games... I wish Rogers would just hand the NHL package back with an apology.

I watched the Flames broadcast on Sporsnet, and it was honest and fair.
Intermission they said the big difference between the teams is the Leafs have players on the 4th. line that are top 6 players, whereas the Flames bottom 6 are ineffective.

Reactions: zeke

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Matthews did a good job on Gaudreau and Monahan. Didn’t notice them at all tonight.

I wonder if we’ll get to see Matthews vs McDavid finally or if Kadri takes that one...

I'd like to see both of those lines used to take the bulk of McDavid's shifts

I've got zero worries with those guys taking the best the other team can throw at us

The other lines, not so much

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Tbh he looks like he did b4 be missed games with his upper body injury...to me he wasnt engaging, looked sluggish skating something is off I think still

Good on him and that line for containing Gaudreaus however

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The most structured game I've seen in years from this team. The Flames werent doing much. The Leafs werent either but we got the bounces and shut it down early.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Borgman - Polak was a good pairing tonight.

I know they got the minus on the Stone goal, but I see Borgman continuing to get better. He deserves to stay in the line-up, and eventually someone from the Marlies will deserve the other side.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Freddy continues to be our rock..
Zaitsev with a good game, havn't seen that in a while... hope he's back on form.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Borgman - Polak was a good pairing tonight.

I know they got the minus on the Stone goal, but I see Borgman continuing to get better. He deserves to stay in the line-up, and eventually someone from the Marlies will deserve the other side.

Sometimes the other team just scores. I didn’t see anything egregious on that goal.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Great game by the team tonight. I thought Marner and Hyman were real solid. Mathews does seem a little slower than usual, but I’m sure it’s Babcock telling him to play defensively against Calgarry’s Top line more than anything else.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I watched the Flames broadcast on Sporsnet, and it was honest and fair.
Intermission they said the big difference between the teams is the Leafs have players on the 4th. line that are top 6 players, whereas the Flames bottom 6 are ineffective.

You know ULF I have seen so many posters criticizing Babcock but what a plan for this game tonight

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Sort of glad that Matthews’ shot streak is over — now, I never have to hear about it again. Honestly, I just don’t get the fascination with things like streaks and shutouts. They’re meaningless.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Only 20 shots against. Thats how you play guys.
Babcock's system sure didnt fail today, almost like it wasnt failing in the 1st place.

I guess so...but if this was it suceeding(which it was) we havent seen much of that lately. Great win, showed up when the puck dropped, even Hyman played well, Matthews was the only one who left me wanting more but that doesn't happen much so no cause for concern.

Lets slap the Oilers around on Thursday, I want it to get jersey throwing ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad