Post-Game Talk: Big Win 4:1 vs Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
how would have Babs known what lines Calgary wanted to match before the game ?

And Willie wad only allowed to run amok for 10 mins.

Pre scouting on calgary to see how calgary matches their lines against other teams would be my guess.

Willie is in the dog house as well. His effort level has been lacking.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
You're very naive if you don't think the accuracy of the score is important to the league.
Integrity is everything.

As are you if you think this had anything to do with anything other than the NHL just making sure they stick to a stupid rule which has helped ruined hockey for the last two seasons. All goals in the final 5 minutes will be reviewed by the league. Not for f***ing sports betting, and I'm not an idiot to think that the accuracy of the score doesn't matter. They reviewed it because it's in the rules, because of the coach's challenge.

No other reason. And it's absolutely ridiculous that they even bother to review an empty net goal with one second left. It had no bearing on the outcome of the game, which is what the rule was intended for.

Don't insult my intelligence please, I'm not the guy for that.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah it's a late game. Most 9-5ers are getting ready for bed after the 1st period.

I work evenings so DVR almost every game and try to avoid spoilers which I've gotten really good at (only had one game spoiled this year so far)

Well I'm a 7-3er these days, was planning on watching the 1st but decided to just save the entire game for the next day. Finally watched it last night and wow fantastic, a rare complete game from our boys. We've been playing better lately and last night was especially awesome! My favourite players to single out from last night in no particular order:

1)
Kadri - what a beauty snipe. Amusing to think back to when some were calling him an easily replaceable 32 point centre with a muffin of a shot. :laugh:

2)
Hyman - takes way too much grief around here, had a good game and his work on that goal was a perfect example of what he brings to this team

3)
Borgman - so many hot takes on him this season, nice to see him have a good game. Might be wise ta wait a bit before passing judgement on a 22 year Swede adjusting to NA hockey

4)
Andersen - SV% up to .919 putting my boy Freddie 13th among goalies with at least a dozen starts. Love Freddie, wouldn't surprise me to see him finish the year in the top 10. Or top 7. Is top 5 out of the question? Love Freddie, there's just something about that guy and his work dedication and demeanour!

5)
And last but not least, the team as a whole. If they keep playing like that we'll win a lot of games this season. :nod:

Start off our Western Trip with a 4-1 win and this thread is still full of negativity and criticism.

Yet some are shocked when posters like Daisy don’t want to post here anymore

Are we reading the same thread? Sure there's some negativity and criticism (and I'm with you, I don't understand it either) but those posts are a small minority ITT. It's a huge fan base, you'll NEVER get everyone on the same page so no point on crying about it when there's so many positive posts you could concentrate on instead. JMHO.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
And it's absolutely ridiculous that they even bother to review an empty net goal with one second left. It had no bearing on the outcome of the game, which is what the rule was intended for.
What? It's not ridiculous, it's keeping up the integrity of the league like the other poster said. They're not just gonna say **** it and count it if it shouldn't count, they like to get it right. Take a chill pill.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
1)
Kadri - what a beauty snipe. Amusing to think back to when some were calling him an easily replaceable 32 point centre with a muffin of a shot. :laugh:

I was the guy who started the muffin shot thing, and he sill has a muffin shot, he just knows how to use it effectively.

How selfish of him to take that shot too, he had another player right there that could have got the goal...sheesh...selfish... :naughty:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I was the guy who started the muffin shot thing, and he sill has a muffin shot, he just knows how to use it effectively.

How selfish of him to take that shot too, he had another player right there that could have got the goal...sheesh...selfish... :naughty:
He did have a muffin. He's quite obviously put a lot of work on his shot these last few years.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He did have a muffin. He's quite obviously put a lot of work on his shot these last few years.

He's learned to play between the dots and not take muffins from the blue line. The guy always had nifty mittens he just didn't know how to use his skill set to his benefit.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
As are you if you think this had anything to do with anything other than the NHL just making sure they stick to a stupid rule which has helped ruined hockey for the last two seasons. All goals in the final 5 minutes will be reviewed by the league. Not for ****ing sports betting, and I'm not an idiot to think that the accuracy of the score doesn't matter. They reviewed it because it's in the rules, because of the coach's challenge.

No other reason. And it's absolutely ridiculous that they even bother to review an empty net goal with one second left. It had no bearing on the outcome of the game, which is what the rule was intended for.

Don't insult my intelligence please, I'm not the guy for that.
I'm sure you're very intelligent or not, I'm not sure and it really doesn't matter. You just have a poor understanding about this specific instance, it happens.
Sometimes it's ok to just learn from something and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad