OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I have like 6 weeks of vacation. I take random days off just for the hell of it, but mostly because the VP makes me. So there are times I am "on vacation" but I am literally just taking calls in my boxers in my living room instead.

I feel like I might be a workaholic.

I don't know you personally (or do I), but I can picture you becoming quite upset if someone took away your working privileges when you took vacation days. So yeah, you may have a problem.

Get a life! :sarcasm:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
So downside of banking industry is the hours. PTO, bank holidays and benefits are great, but they expect every ounce out of you while you’re working and my current boss takes full advantage of you being salaried. Expecting nights, weekends, and quick turnaround on everything is generally the norm but it’s totally boss dependent.

50-60 hours is probably the average with emails on the weekends and an expected response before Monday.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I work uh 38.75 hours but being at a law firm pretty regularly have a random late night. Last night I was doing something from home at 10:30 PM. Thankfully only 1 or 2 attorneys subject me to that like once a month or so.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know you personally (or do I), but I can picture you becoming quite upset if someone took away your working privileges when you took vacation days. So yeah, you may have a problem.

Get a life! :sarcasm:
Even when we went camping, I was reading over files that I had saved...so yeah it probably is. Both me and my gf are workaholics, not sure if that's a good thing yet.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So downside of banking industry is the hours. PTO, bank holidays and benefits are great, but they expect every ounce out of you while you’re working and my current boss takes full advantage of you being salaried. Expecting nights, weekends, and quick turnaround on everything is generally the norm but it’s totally boss dependent.

50-60 hours is probably the average with emails on the weekends and an expected response before Monday.
I was reading articles a few weeks ago about interns in the banking world literally dying, most likely from stress and exhaustion. Reports of kids going days without sleep and companies having to institute policies requiring interns not be in the office between certain hours. Crazy stuff.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is this what the world is going to be like now?

People from ethnic backgrounds making it seem like a movie that is filled with their demographic being ground breaking?
As a black dude (albeit half), I hated how people pumped up Black Panther to be this magical movie, it wasn't, it's probably one of the more weaker Marvel movies story wise, they wasted a fantastic villain (I mean, it is Marvel, that's their M.O), and many other things that annoyed me, but then they just acted like the movie was a masterpiece like Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather. Yeah, f*** that.

Now Crazy Rich Asians, which me and my asian gf saw, is basically Coming to America, with.....ASIANS!!

She turns to me in the middle of the movie "This is like that Eddie Murphy movie you watch every winter..."

Me - "You think?...YOU THINK!?...it's a rip off, but worse."

Get.
The.
f***.
Out.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
SO I bought this gluten free beer that wasn't Daura, it was called Glutenberg. The name cracked me up, I got the blue cans, pretty decent, but just...just falls short.

My white half also has no opinion. My black half is just annoyed.

Glutenberg reminds me of Police Academy

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If only they prioritized making a good movie.

Would it have been less annoying if they marketed it as "coming to America, but with Asians. Starts Friday"??

Like. If they were upfront that it's not original and isn't deserving of awards and praise. Just, the same old story with a different lens?

Also #WhatHappenedToGutenberg

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Would it have been less annoying if they marketed it as "coming to America, but with Asians. Starts Friday"??

Like. If they were upfront that it's not original and isn't deserving of awards and praise. Just, the same old story with a different lens?

Steve Guttenberg and Tom Hanks were similar in the 1980’s but once the 90’s hit they went in completely different directions.

Tom Hanks - IMDb

Steve Guttenberg - IMDb

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

It's not so much that, it's this narrative of....

"FIRST PREDOMINANTLY BLACK MOVIE TO...."
"FIRST PREDOMINANTLY ASIAN MOVIE TO..."

Neither are good movies, so focus on the skin color!

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Tom peaked with the Burbs. Anything else he's done since, is like the Jason Statham of drama for movies. Tom is a drama ****e.

He did Turner and Hooch right after. I can’t watch movies with dogs anymore because my pug likes to bark and attack the TV. I cried during that movie.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He did Turner and Hooch right after. I can’t watch movies with dogs anymore because my pug likes to bark and attack the TV. I cried during that movie.

I'll let you have that one. That and K9 are fantastic Cop/Dog Buddy movies. The best ever made.

Belushi and Hanks need to do a buddy cop movie with a dog as their common partner that they bicker over.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad