OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
00-story-Aggretsuko.gif

Reactions: Al Smith

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone have any recommendations on a vacuum cleaner? I need a really strong one for dog hair.

First summer in my new place and it’s a bit warmer than my previous places. One of my dogs is shedding like crazy!
I have a dyson that will clean any surface of dirt and dust.

Reactions: Bryan Rust

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Add me to the "f*** cosplayers" pile.

The worst ones are the ones that wear beyond ridiculously oversized costumes with ridiculously oversized parts (I.E. stupidly big ass wings) whom are always in your way when you are trying to navigate through an already beyond overcrowded and hot convention center.

You either need to wait 20 minutes for them to move out 6 inches of your way (if they even *get* the social cue that they are in your way and need to move) or worse..they are always bumping into you while wearing these contraptions and then act like it's *your* fault.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Add me to the "**** cosplayers" pile.

The worst ones are the ones that wear beyond ridiculously oversized costumes with ridiculously oversized parts (I.E. stupidly big ass wings) whom are always in your way when you are trying to navigate through an already beyond overcrowded and hot convention center.

You either need to wait 20 minutes for them to move out 6 inches of your way (if they even *get* the social cue that they are in your way and need to move) or worse..they are always bumping into you while wearing these contraptions and then act like it's *your* fault.

You're expecting people who dress up like anime characters to understand social cues?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Another nice thing about moving is that I can put a bunch of stuff up for sale just to see if anyone bites on it. I'm putting up a mini fridge, a window AC unit, a portable AC unit, a 32" TV and an echo dot on craigslist just to see if anyone bites on them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
#SCIFINERDTIME...

I'm watching Blindspot (I know, I know, lame...just started to binge watch now I have to see it though)...and Bill Nye comes on, one of the Dad's to a character on the show, he's mad about his wife writing something with Dr. Rodney McKay, I almost jumped up and yelled "f*** YEAH!!"...I miss Stargate Atlantis and SG-1.

So this show, takes place in the same universe as Stargate Atlantis, oh man.

Back to whatever...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk if I mentioned this in here yet, but holy ****, I got so lucky with my job. I wanted to be a mechanical engineer worked on the mechanical components of power generation systems, things like steam generators and turbines. Specifically, I wanted to do thermodynamics work with those components, because thermo was my favorite subject area in school. My unit does that plus work with the propulsion systems of the next class of nuclear powered attack submarines. My manager coincidentally assigned me to do work with thermodynamics and fluids analysis, without knowing that's exactly what I wanted to do.

So yeah, I hit the jackpot for doing what I wanted to do and it's only my first job. So that's pretty sweet.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Idk if I mentioned this in here yet, but holy ****, I got so lucky with my job. I wanted to be a mechanical engineer worked on the mechanical components of power generation systems, things like steam generators and turbines. Specifically, I wanted to do thermodynamics work with those components, because thermo was my favorite subject area in school. My unit does that plus work with the propulsion systems of the next class of nuclear powered attack submarines. My manager coincidentally assigned me to do work with thermodynamics and fluids analysis, without knowing that's exactly what I wanted to do.

So yeah, I hit the jackpot for doing what I wanted to do and it's only my first job. So that's pretty sweet.

Come Monday: "My condolences, Emp, for losing the best job you ever had for a week..."

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Come Monday: "My condolences, Emp, for losing the best job you ever had for a week..."

:laugh:

As long as I don't say anything classified, I'll be fine. My company makes overdramatic training videos to show why you shouldn't tell people you work there or what you do there, but it's in the name of security. They don't want some Russians or Chinese operatives trying to get information from you. I'm not dropping any classified information and I'm being vague enough to be fine IMO. Also this:

Bryan Rust

Bryan Rust is my waifu
Mar 3, 2018
#SCIFINERDTIME...

I'm watching Blindspot (I know, I know, lame...just started to binge watch now I have to see it though)...and Bill Nye comes on, one of the Dad's to a character on the show, he's mad about his wife writing something with Dr. Rodney McKay, I almost jumped up and yelled "**** YEAH!!"...I miss Stargate Atlantis and SG-1.

So this show, takes place in the same universe as Stargate Atlantis, oh man.

Back to whatever...
Universe was objectively the best

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So usually Netflix does well with the comedy specials with multiple comedians in it, but this newest one, it was like they wanted to make you cringe as hard as you can.

"The Comedy Line-Up"

I felt uncomfortable, the asian brit dude, the Jak kid, the girl that looks like a dude, and canadian chick, they were the worst of the bunch. That's not saying a lot but still.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So usually Netflix does well with the comedy specials with multiple comedians in it, but this newest one, it was like they wanted to make you cringe as hard as you can.

"The Comedy Line-Up"

I felt uncomfortable, the asian brit dude, the Jak kid, the girl that looks like a dude, and canadian chick, they were the worst of the bunch. That's not saying a lot but still.

Have you watched the Steve Martin/Martin Short one yet? It’s on my list but haven’t seen it yet. I’m hoping it’s good because I love Martin Short. He’s amazing. Steve Martin is also good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have you watched the Steve Martin/Martin Short one yet? It’s on my list but haven’t seen it yet. I’m hoping it’s good because I love Martin Short. He’s amazing. Steve Martin is also good.
I'm at the age where I have seen both at their best, the younger crowd is probably like "Oh a special about a gay couple? nah"...lol. But man, those two are awesome. I loved it.

I realized today, I am that Simpsons meme of "Old man shakes fist at the sky"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad