OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It’s real. Everyone is an actor except for one person and his friend (who is in on it).

It’s a bit over an hour but it’s interesting to keep you engaged. Not sure if she would like it. My friend (female) thought it was creepy but had to keep watching.

Of course you can’t understand what a woman thinks because she’ll change her mind after you you think you have it figured out ;)

lol she does do that.Ok we are about to check it out.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Derren Brown’s ‘The Push’ is on Canadian Netflix (not sure about US).

It’s kind of ****ed up but I couldn’t stop watching. It’s a reality social experiment documentary.

Good show, but man oh man I do not think I have witnessed so much stupidity from a single person in one hour before in my life! THEN at the end they show you three other people who were even more stupid! I could not believe my eyes watching 3 out of 4 people commit murder for total strangers they don't even know for more than a day! I'M BLOWN AWAY!

Wifey was in shock and laughing at the same time... well.... hell, I think I was too. hahaha oh wow I won't forget that show for awhile. I can't wait to tell my father to watch it and see what he says.

Hey, great recommendation for a soggy wet rainy Saturday evening tube night.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Just checked and it is there for the usa as well, thank you for suggesting.

Hey so wthout outing too many details or spoiling it, I have just one question: Is it legit as in is it real or is it possible that whatever he does can actually really happen?

It sounds interesting - something I would enjoy, but is it something a woman would enjoy in your opinion? Her interests always have me guessing regarding shows and some movies. I have accepted long ago that even though we have been married 7 years I'll never truly understand what a woman thinks =]

Idk what your preferences are, But.

Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch on Netflix was awesome.

Wife tried to get me to watch it and never wanted to, I finally caved and it was awesome.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Idk what your preferences are, But.

Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch on Netflix was awesome.

Wife tried to get me to watch it and never wanted to, I finally caved and it was awesome.

Yes I agree. I did not watch all of them, but the few I did watch were pretty spot on. I like the production of the show only a handful of episodes every year or two. It makes the show somewhat 'special or unique' and keeps it from going stale with filler episodes.

Do they still make new episodes?
I'm pretty sure Sherlock was before Cumberbatch blew up and was in high demand, but I could be wrong.

Good show though thank you.

--- You have any other top notch recommendations? I am not looking for mediocre or 'ok' shows they are everywhere. Stuff like Sherlock and that show @Tom Hanks mentioned before were both great recommendations and that is what I'm looking for --- from anyone who has a few gems they know about. I don't tube much, but when I do I would prefer to watch something unique / interesting / something that slips past the radar that is really damn good.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yes I agree. I did not watch all of them, but the few I did watch were pretty spot on. I like the production of the show only a handful of episodes every year or two. It makes the show somewhat 'special or unique' and keeps it from going stale with filler episodes.

Do they still make new episodes?
I'm pretty sure Sherlock was before Cumberbatch blew up and was in high demand, but I could be wrong.

Good show though thank you.

--- You have any other top notch recommendations? I am not looking for mediocre or 'ok' shows they are everywhere. Stuff like Sherlock and that show @Tom Hanks mentioned before were both great recommendations and that is what I'm looking for --- from anyone who has a few gems they know about. I don't tube much, but when I do I would prefer to watch something unique / interesting / something that slips past the radar that is really damn good.

I just finished Altered Carbon. I liked it, but it might not be your thing. Futuristic crime drama. Maybe a little obvious towards the end, but still good. Full frontal warning if that sort of thing weirds you out.

Reactions: shoplifter

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
tenor.gif

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Survived my first camping trip in over 30 years. Got blisters which limited my hiking but I still managed to see quite a lot. Parc Mauricie is a gorgeous national park. Right now only one side is open as they are resurfacing the parkway so next year I'll return to do the other half.

Now to plan my waterfall tour of New Hampshire :D

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just finished Altered Carbon. I liked it, but it might not be your thing. Futuristic crime drama. Maybe a little obvious towards the end, but still good. Full frontal warning if that sort of thing weirds you out.

I watched the first episode complete I believe. I love James Purefoy (in a man crush sort of way) I think he is just great in whatever role he plays. I mainly love his part in HBO show 'Rome' (which imo is one of the best shows ever made and was admitted by HBO it was a big mistake cancelling the show (but which ultimately paved the way for the arrival of Game of Thrones)).

I love the setting of Altered Carbon so while the story may be lacking I can check it out for the environment.

Thanks for the tip on the show =] :thumbu:

Reactions: DegenX

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Survived my first camping trip in over 30 years. Got blisters which limited my hiking but I still managed to see quite a lot. Parc Mauricie is a gorgeous national park. Right now only one side is open as they are resurfacing the parkway so next year I'll return to do the other half.

Now to plan my waterfall tour of New Hampshire :D

Camping is epic. Especially if you go and fish and semi hunt your food and not in a camp site with hundreds of other people. ---- Not that there is anything wrong with that camping! I do it too. But off-road camping is a wild experience. It's a wee amount of scary and portrays just how susceptible and fragile we are and the desire for protection from fire / company / and weaponry. A bit humbling, but one heck of a good time =]

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Somewhere along the way I've realized that I like campfires, but I don't really like camping. Hiking is cool too. But I just have no interest in sleeping in a tent anymore. And I'm certainly not looking to have any actual difficulty. Last time I camped I think I took two trips to the store during the weekend :laugh:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I need to either get a better air pump or a self inflating mattress as my sleeping pad was not the most comfy to sleep on.

My camp fires were rather great. My tiki torches worked well too.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I got caught out in this torrential downpour as I was biking to Oakland to get dinner with a friend from college, and I figured I might as well go on a full ride if I'm already soaked. I biked 15 miles in an absolute downpour :laugh:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I didn't care for Get Out, or should I say, I felt it was ok, but completely overblown. I liked it better when I saw it the first time when it was called Society by Brian Yuzna 30 years ago and dealt with social class instead of on the nose racism.

It is embarrassingly rated as the greatest horror movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. Give me a break.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I didn't care for Get Out, or should I say, I felt it was ok, but completely overblown. I liked it better when I saw it the first time when it was called Society by Brian Yuzna 30 years ago and dealt with social class instead of on the nose racism.

It is embarrassingly rated as the greatest horror movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. Give me a break.

Jesus H Christ, thank you.

Get Out is a solid movie. Good acting, decent direction, no massive plot holes. However, it deserved no awards and I'd give it a 6/10.

If you personally saw it and loved it, that's awesome, art is subjective in the eyes of a viewer. However, on a technical level, there's absolutely no excusing the disproportionate amount of plaudits that it received because it happened to deal with a topic that is simultaneously very important and very prone to attracting virtue signalers who think that they're doing something to solve racism by supporting an already wealthy and successful black man.

Also Yuzna is fantastic, love me some Re-Animator.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I really liked Get Out, though I agree it's probably not award worthy. I'd give it a 7 or 8. The best part to me is that the characters were all very well written imo.

Last edited:

Bryan Rust

Bryan Rust is my waifu
Mar 3, 2018
Thinking of a name for my first album, which is best

Dawn of the Shred
Better Shred Than Dead
Shred & Breakfast
Shred & Circuses
Don't Shred on Me
With This Ring I Thee Shred

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The corporation I work for is splitting into two businesses. And apparently they had a name picked out for the "new" company, but decided against it last second because of an Urban Dictionary definition. :laugh:

Corvus is the genus of crow (not sure if I've worded that correctly), but according to that site it means something different.

Corvus Energy. We'll taint your water.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Thinking of a name for my first album, which is best

Dawn of the Shred
Better Shred Than Dead
Shred & Breakfast
Shred & Circuses
Don't Shred on Me
With This Ring I Thee Shred
I have to go with Dawn of the Shred. Perfect fit for the first album. Bonus points if you can work a zombie into the cover art.
:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille