OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Speaking of Phone Upgrades.

Is it me or didnt we in the past use to be able to pay like 200 bucks for a new phone upgrade every 2 yrs or anytime you switched providers, and that was that? End of story.

Why is it now that ANY new phone and you pay like 150 bucks down and then you pay 25 bucks a month on your bill till the phone is entirely paid off?

I couldn't go on here and post on those old phones?

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I couldn't go on here and post on those old phones?

Nah. Smart phones were out when they were doing this still. It changed like 4-5 yrs ago.

I'm saying like before you'd get a huge discount every 2 yrs and pay 200 then that's it phones paid off.

Now you get no discount. Put 150-200 down and the phone is full price like 800-1000 and you pay 25 a month for however long it takes to pay off.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
A Buffy reboot ...
e0ThBZi.gif

... should not happen. Let it go. Come up with something new, Hollywood. Stop with the re-boots.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Nah. Smart phones were out when they were doing this still. It changed like 4-5 yrs ago.

I'm saying like before you'd get a huge discount every 2 yrs and pay 200 then that's it phones paid off.

Now you get no discount. Put 150-200 down and the phone is full price like 800-1000 and you pay 25 a month for however long it takes to pay off.

Instagram. Now your phones come with billion pixel cameras with processors and RAM to enable Facebook Live video streams which all comes at a cost?

I think, at this point, we are screwed. Just like gas stations. They can charge what they want cause we have almost no choice. My phone is more capable than all of IBM in the 70s....? I hate it. I toss money every damn month for this phone.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Leave buffy alone. If they want a new series in that universe I could get behind that. But don't call it buffy. Go with a new slayer or something. A sort of slayer the next generation. I don't love the idea, but it would be better than a full reboot.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Leave buffy alone. If they want a new series in that universe I could get behind that. But don't call it buffy. Go with a new slayer or something. A sort of slayer the next generation. I don't love the idea, but it would be better than a full reboot.

I don’t think I could get behind it but I’d be less annoyed.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Speaking of Phone Upgrades.

Is it me or didnt we in the past use to be able to pay like 200 bucks for a new phone upgrade every 2 yrs or anytime you switched providers, and that was that? End of story.

Why is it now that ANY new phone and you pay like 150 bucks down and then you pay 25 bucks a month on your bill till the phone is entirely paid off?

You were still paying for the phone. The cost was baked into the two year contract. Now that a lot of providers are dropping those contract options, the fees switched to a payment plan for the phone.
How to Buy a Phone Now That 2-Year Contracts Are Dead

Reactions: USMC607

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Shazam! looks super fun and DC might finally be getting it. Might be the first DC movie I'll see in the theaters.

Of course I'll most likely see anything with Zachary Levi

Beyond a Sham-wow...all the word Shazam reminds me of:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone see any good movies or shows lately they recommend? Need something to watch with wifey tonight

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Anyone see any good movies or shows lately they recommend? Need something to watch with wifey tonight

Derren Brown’s ‘The Push’ is on Canadian Netflix (not sure about US).

It’s kind of ****ed up but I couldn’t stop watching. It’s a reality social experiment documentary.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Derren Brown’s ‘The Push’ is on Canadian Netflix (not sure about US).

It’s kind of ****ed up but I couldn’t stop watching. It’s a reality social experiment documentary.

Just checked and it is there for the usa as well, thank you for suggesting.

Hey so wthout outing too many details or spoiling it, I have just one question: Is it legit as in is it real or is it possible that whatever he does can actually really happen?

It sounds interesting - something I would enjoy, but is it something a woman would enjoy in your opinion? Her interests always have me guessing regarding shows and some movies. I have accepted long ago that even though we have been married 7 years I'll never truly understand what a woman thinks =]

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Just checked and it is there for the usa as well, thank you for suggesting.

Hey so wthout outing too many details or spoiling it, I have just one question: Is it legit as in is it real or is it possible that whatever he does can actually really happen?

It sounds interesting - something I would enjoy, but is it something a woman would enjoy in your opinion? Her interests always have me guessing regarding shows and some movies. I have accepted long ago that even though we have been married 7 years I'll never truly understand what a woman thinks =]

It’s real. Everyone is an actor except for one person and his friend (who is in on it).

It’s a bit over an hour but it’s interesting to keep you engaged. Not sure if she would like it. My friend (female) thought it was creepy but had to keep watching.

Of course you can’t understand what a woman thinks because she’ll change her mind after you you think you have it figured out ;)

Reactions: shoplifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad