OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've been working for 3 weeks now and I'm already planning my first vacation in either September or November. Oh boy, I can't wait to put another $900 Europe trip on my credit card :laugh:

Actually, it won't be that much. I'm gonna do Phoenix with a day trip to the Grand Canyon at some point. If I go in November, I might be able to go to a Coyotes game too.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My Mum’s trip to visit me took a turn for the worse. Her puppy got an aggressive form of leukaemia. ****! Going to lose that battle tonight :(

5190CCCB-A672-4C2B-B287-EA2B129BAE66.jpeg

Reactions: ColePens

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I didn't care for Get Out, or should I say, I felt it was ok, but completely overblown. I liked it better when I saw it the first time when it was called Society by Brian Yuzna 30 years ago

It is embarrassingly rated as the greatest horror movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. Give me a break.

Exactly.

And don't get me started on Rotten Tomatoes.... :laugh:

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So a bunch of internet trolls are digging up old stuff that guys like Gunn and Harmon have said on Twitter. Rhian just deleted 20k of his tweets, Harmon just left twitter, numerous people are slowly starting to close theirs as well just to avoid that digging as well.

If I were a celeb, I would just delete twitter.

Mike Czernovich, a rapist, is the guy behind all of it.

Let the irony sink in, a rapist that is going around ruining other peoples careers over bad jokes. I've told much worse jokes when drunk, that should NEVER get you fired.

Last edited:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yes I agree. I did not watch all of them, but the few I did watch were pretty spot on. I like the production of the show only a handful of episodes every year or two. It makes the show somewhat 'special or unique' and keeps it from going stale with filler episodes.

Do they still make new episodes?
I'm pretty sure Sherlock was before Cumberbatch blew up and was in high demand, but I could be wrong.

Good show though thank you.

--- You have any other top notch recommendations? I am not looking for mediocre or 'ok' shows they are everywhere. Stuff like Sherlock and that show @Tom Hanks mentioned before were both great recommendations and that is what I'm looking for --- from anyone who has a few gems they know about. I don't tube much, but when I do I would prefer to watch something unique / interesting / something that slips past the radar that is really damn good.

I'll have to think about other good good shows.

Sherlock is only 3 seasons deep.

They are gonna do season 4, but like you said there are scheduling issues because Cumberbatchs life is owned by Marvel at the moment.

I'd expect after infinity war part 2 drops they may find some time. Unless they jump straight into Dr Strange 2.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
My Mum’s trip to visit me took a turn for the worse. Her puppy got an aggressive form of leukaemia. ****! Going to lose that battle tonight :(

View attachment 131543

I love animals especially dogs. This stuff just kills me.

I had a boxer die of parvo due to a vet clinic f*** up not cleaning tools.

Was the worst thing ever.

Ugh....

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So a bunch of internet trolls are digging up old stuff that guys like Gunn and Harmon have said on Twitter. Rhian just deleted 20k of his tweets, Harmon just left twitter, numerous people are slowly starting to close theirs as well just to avoid that digging as well.

Let the irony sink in, a rapist that is going around ruining other peoples careers over bad jokes. I've told much worse jokes when drunk, that should NEVER get you fired.

People are so soft anymore.

People say things they dont mean all the time. Whether for laughs, or to be sarcastic or what not. I'm not saying it's right but man.... Grow thicker skin people.

Most stand up comedians say some f***ed up shit to get laughs. So what if they try their hand at other careers should we blacklist them?

Everyone's said stupid shit before. Idk why scumbags are trying to ruin people's lives because of it.

But the fact a rapist is doing this and people are eating it up shows how stupid we are.

Reactions: Brandinho

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Saying things and facing consequences is fair imo, depending who you represent. But when it's things you said years ago? Eh, I don't like it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People are so soft anymore.

People say things they dont mean all the time. Whether for laughs, or to be sarcastic or what not. I'm not saying it's right but man.... Grow thicker skin people.

Most stand up comedians say some ****ed up **** to get laughs. So what if they try their hand at other careers should we blacklist them?

Everyone's said stupid **** before. Idk why scumbags are trying to ruin people's lives because of it.

But the fact a rapist is doing this and people are eating it up shows how stupid we are.

The Alt-Right, or rather, the Alt-Pejorative Slurs, are a rather stupid bunch.

If you want to thin the heard, round up the Alt-rightists, light a flame thrower from Elon's company and you're helping the over-population issue.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Saying things and facing consequences is fair imo, depending who you represent. But when it's things you said years ago? Eh, I don't like it.

If you are a comedian and your bit sucks because it wasn't good, you're just not going to get work for a while until your work gets better.

Bill Burr is not for the sensitive.
Anthony Jeselnik is not for the sensitive.
Tom Segura is not for the sensitive.

All say some outlandish messed up stuff that is sometimes funny, sometimes not. But remember when freedom of speech was a thing? You can say what you want, you have the right to ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. But your right to say shit is there, whether you want to be offended is a you problem, not a problem of the person saying it.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you are a comedian and your bit sucks because it wasn't good, you're just not going to get work for a while until your work gets better.

Bill Burr is not for the sensitive.
Anthony Jeselnik is not for the sensitive.
Tom Segura is not for the sensitive.

All say some outlandish messed up stuff that is sometimes funny, sometimes not. But remember when freedom of speech was a thing? You can say what you want, you have the right to ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. But your right to say **** is there, whether you want to be offended is a you problem, not a problem of the person saying it.
And a comedian can say what they want. As they should. I make offensive jokes all the time. But if you work for Disney and decide to say some offensive shit, then they have every right to fire you. Freedom of speech means you wont get in legal trouble, it doesn't mean freedom from consequences. If you work for someone, what you say and who you offend is their problem.

Where I disagree is firing people for jokes they made years ago.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Where I disagree is firing people for things they said years ago.

What I disagree with is Disney not giving a f*** until it got a lot of attention. It’s just a reaction to getting caught instead of caring about anything. It’s the same with god damned Roseanne; ABC had to know how shitty she is and still hired her. It’s all good until the media catches wind and we’ve seen that Hollywood has a problem hiding horrific behaviour. It’s the same “ohhhhhh that? That is wrong. So surprised!” crap on different scales.

Gunn being fired is fine. He works for Disney and was stupid enough not to purge his twitter years ago. Social media has consequences and he was around 40 at the time of the tweets. The person leading the charge on that is a massive problem.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

Mike Cernovich is going to commit a mass shooting one day, no doubt about it. He is the definition of mentally unhinged.

Personally, I feel bad for Gunn. By all accounts, he's a good guy who posted really lame edgy jokes a decade ago, but has never hurt anyone. Everyone I know who've met him have said positive things. On the other hand, I don't feel sorry for Dan Harmon because Dan Harmon is a terrible person. I'm genuinely shocked that all of the malicious things Harmon has done to others haven't come back to bite him yet.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And a comedian can say what they want. As they should. I make offensive jokes all the time. But if you work for Disney and decide to say some offensive ****, then they have every right to fire you. Freedom of speech means you wont get in legal trouble, it doesn't mean freedom from consequences. If you work for someone, what you say and who you offend is their problem.

Where I disagree is firing people for jokes they made years ago.
Here's the thing, when you get hired, you go through a screening process. These tweets weren't made just 8 to 12 days ago, it was 8-12yrs ago. Disney dropped the ball, then some alt-right wanker brought it back up.

To me, Disney firing him means they took that alt-right whacko's side.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
This year has just been brutal. :(

My grandfather passed away today at 92. He was at dialysis yesterday and apparently got sick, so they took him to the hospital. They weren't sure what exactly was wrong, found out today that he had a blood infection, and died a few hours later.

My grandmother had just passed away 4 months ago, after a lengthy battle with Parkinson's. There was time to prepare for that, this one completely blindsided me. He was doing well on Sunday...amped up for the upcoming Nebraska football season (season ticket holder since 1962), among other things. I can't believe how fast it happened, I'm still in a state of disbelief. Have to start packing to drive up there later this week.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This year has just been brutal. :(

My grandfather passed away today at 92. He was at dialysis yesterday and apparently got sick, so they took him to the hospital. They weren't sure what exactly was wrong, found out today that he had a blood infection, and died a few hours later.

My grandmother had just passed away 4 months ago, after a lengthy battle with Parkinson's. There was time to prepare for that, this one completely blindsided . He was doing well on Sunday...amped up for the upcoming Nebraska football season (season ticket holder since 1962), among other things. I can't believe how fast it happened, I'm still in a state of disbelief. Have to start packing to drive up there later this week.

That sucks mate. Hope you and your family do ok. I guess the only positive is for your Grandpa is it happened quick.

Reactions: HuskerTornado

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Here's the thing, when you get hired, you go through a screening process. These tweets weren't made just 8 to 12 days ago, it was 8-12yrs ago. Disney dropped the ball, then some alt-right wanker brought it back up.

To me, Disney firing him means they took that alt-right whacko's side.

Agreed. I certainly understand why people will frame this as a business decision, but I don't think it is. James Gunn isn't some random director that was handed a great script. James Gunn is the single biggest reason that the GotG movies are good at all. He wrote and directed both of them. He's brilliant, they're not replacing him with an equal because there isn't anybody who is his equal when it comes to that particular kind of movie. I get it, they didn't want people at Comic-Con asking Gunn about paedophilia. That's understandable to a point, but you can't claim that it's a sound business decision. Disney should be smarter than this. Bautista said it best:

It's just unreal to me that the people behind this can say from the left side of their mouths that they oppose James Gunn's "vile comments", but then use the right side of their mouth to heap praise on a racist, thieving, rapist with a bad wig and adult gyno. It's a targeted attack because James Gunn is guilty of wrongthink and Disney can't pretend that they aren't complicit.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
The Alt-Right, or rather, the Alt-******s, are a rather stupid bunch.

If you want to thin the heard, round up the Alt-rightists, light a flame thrower from Elon's company and you're helping the over-population issue.

With me it's Both far rights and far lefts.

I'm right in the middle I support views on both sides. I use to be Democrat but with both sides becoming clown shows now I just went Independent.

Seeing news feeds on FB of friends plastering the side they favors propaganda gives me a headache. Especially when 99% of it is false and just aiming to smear the other. Also that snowflake line is so annoying.

Neither side truly gives a crap about us. They all just want control of the government and then they use it to make deals that benefit them and their family/friends.

You ask me Being a public servant such as a Congressman, Governor, Senator, etc etc. There should be term limit and they should all be making way less then the 6 figures they make.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad