TV: Big Brother 20, Part 2 - We've got the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
While I agree, she's not doing herself any favours with her goodbye messages.
Yeah, that could definitely cost her in the end. Right now she's pretty much neck-and-neck with Tyler for most worthy winner, but his GB messages have been great while hers... not so much.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
While I agree, she's not doing herself any favours with her goodbye messages.
Meh. I think it is slightly over stated how important goodbye messages are. Rockstar stated in one of her exit interviews that she didn't care about any of the goodbye messages and would be open to even voting for Brett. I mean I do agree though that the fact she is in general a very closed off person that the other side just personally never got along with will make it tougher for her. Tyler just has that natural likeability that she doesn't have.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Meh. I think it is slightly over stated how important goodbye messages are. Rockstar stated in one of her exit interviews that she didn't care about any of the goodbye messages and would be open to even voting for Brett. I mean I do agree though that the fact she is in general a very closed off person that the other side just personally never got along with will make it tougher for her. Tyler just has that natural likeability that she doesn't have.

Most people now are emotional. Proteststar definitely beats to her own drum. Not shocked since she tried to offer Brett a couple of peace offerings.

This season just sucked, these people formed their teams based on who they went in with. You havent seen a lot of alliance interacting except for the gong show the women were putting on when Bayleigh and Blockstar were still around. Scottie was the only guy who ever tried, he should have ditched that alliance early.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The live feeds and what they show on television are very different, though. Tyler is getting downright sick of J.C in the house, as is Angela.

They also work with Brett and Kaycee before even thinking about approaching J.C. L4 is going to cut J.C. sooner or later and he doesn't even realize it. That's how poor of a game he is playing.

Angela is following Tyler all the time, she cant think for herself. She would have been out early without him. Brett was only associating with Winston until Winston got ousted. Tyler only kept him for now a moot point. They dont have to worry about getting blood on their hands with the numbers game. I used to watch the feeds but now this is so predictable I don't waste the 3 hours a night.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Big, dumb jock.

Thought that was Swaggy or Brett's role or even Winston. How many do they need? Even Tyler tries to play dumb. So they edit him that way. Scottie may not be a jock but I don't buy he wasnt an athlete. KC also could fit this though girls rarely fit the jock stereotype label.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I get that people hate Angela and Big Brother doesn't seem to like her either but she has played a really strong game and would be a worthy winner at this point. I'll qualify that by saying if she makes a move to cut Tyler at F3 she would be a strong winner and deserves the win over anyone that isn't Tyler at this point.

She's easy to not like. She's a total bitch unless you're on her good side which is hard to figure out what that is. Most of the game she rode Tyler's coattails and was really on about Rachel status. If it wasn't for Tyler having a crush on her she would have been gone early if she was a drifter or on the other side.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Angela is following Tyler all the time, she cant think for herself. She would have been out early without him. Brett was only associating with Winston until Winston got ousted. Tyler only kept him for now a moot point. They dont have to worry about getting blood on their hands with the numbers game. I used to watch the feeds but now this is so predictable I don't waste the 3 hours a night.
Not at all the case. They're working together 100%. She doesn't follow him any more than he follows her, and they both seem ok with that. In fact, they both insist on spending time together.

She's also the only houseguest with two HoH wins. She's playing the game quite well.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Not at all the case. They're working together 100%. She doesn't follow him any more than he follows her, and they both seem ok with that. In fact, they both insist on spending time together.

She's also the only houseguest with two HoH wins. She's playing the game quite well.

I mean of the remaining who has one? Sam, Tyler, Haleigh and Fessy, Haleighj and Fessy just had their HoH's the last two weeks. A lot of the HoH's have mostly gone home already lol

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
She's easy to not like. She's a total ***** unless you're on her good side which is hard to figure out what that is. Most of the game she rode Tyler's coattails and was really on about Rachel status. If it wasn't for Tyler having a crush on her she would have been gone early if she was a drifter or on the other side.
That is basically all absolutely untrue. Like every bit of this post is wrong lol.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Most people now are emotional. Proteststar definitely beats to her own drum. Not shocked since she tried to offer Brett a couple of peace offerings.

This season just sucked, these people formed their teams based on who they went in with. You havent seen a lot of alliance interacting except for the gong show the women were putting on when Bayleigh and Blockstar were still around. Scottie was the only guy who ever tried, he should have ditched that alliance early.
I really don't understand how people think this season sucks :laugh: I swear I am usually one of the most critical people on Big Brother and had pretty much given up on the show after the last 3 seasons....those seasons sucked. This has been the best I have seen in years and I have yet to see anyone be able to actually convince me otherwise.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I really don't understand how people think this season sucks :laugh: I swear I am usually one of the most critical people on Big Brother and had pretty much given up on the show after the last 3 seasons....those seasons sucked. This has been the best I have seen in years and I have yet to see anyone be able to actually convince me otherwise.

its all a matter of personal opinion.

For me this season has been fun watching everyone get wrecked and their reactions after being voted out but it also becomes very predictable when the other side of the house is too clueless to go after the right players or understand what is happening with the votes.

I hope they insert Paul in the battle back lol. how hilarious would that be to have him strut into the house. (obviously they cannot, just making a joke)

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Thought that was Swaggy or Brett's role or even Winston. How many do they need? Even Tyler tries to play dumb. So they edit him that way. Scottie may not be a jock but I don't buy he wasnt an athlete. KC also could fit this though girls rarely fit the jock stereotype label.

Swaggy was obnoxious black guy
Brett is quirky athletic guy
Winston was handsome nice guy
Tyler is the blonde surfer
Kaycee is the token butch lesbian

(Casted as*. These are cbs stereotypes, not mine)

It’s essentially a Nickelodeon show, checking all the boxes.

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Every time I see the intro I laugh at Tyler doing the surfer shtick. What a brilliant way to fool casting. To be fair, they should stop going for these stereotypes and just get people that seem like they want to win. It would be awesome to see a season with all new ruthless gamers.

Reactions: jw2

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Should also keep in mind that Angela's plan going into the house was to lay low until jury and then start playing. Which is exactly what she has done.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Should also keep in mind that Angela's plan going into the house was to lay low until jury and then start playing. Which is exactly what she has done.
I've been calling her the new girl the last few weeks.

Every time I see the intro I laugh at Tyler doing the surfer shtick. What a brilliant way to fool casting. To be fair, they should stop going for these stereotypes and just get people that seem like they want to win. It would be awesome to see a season with all new ruthless gamers.
I wish theyd have a season of hard-core fans, or even non-all-star returning cast. I like the game aspect of the show, not the jersey shore/i want to be them/i want to be their friend aspect CBS seems to push

Reactions: irunthepeg

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I've been calling her the new girl the last few weeks.

I wish theyd have a season of hard-core fans, or even non-all-star returning cast. I like the game aspect of the show, not the jersey shore/i want to be them/i want to be their friend aspect CBS seems to push

Jersey Shore and reality TV i fake. I don't understand why any of these things are truly that popular. Even Big Brother to an extent is fake.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Swaggy was obnoxious black guy
Brett is quirky athletic guy
Winston was handsome nice guy
Tyler is the blonde surfer
Kaycee is the token butch lesbian

(Casted as*. These are cbs stereotypes, not mine)

It’s essentially a Nickelodeon show, checking all the boxes.

Plsyed and watched by people raised on Nickelodeon lol.

Didn't know KC was a lesbian, if i'm buying into stereotypes she wouldn't pass for one on the so called black market.

CBS made Tyler with the stereotype. If they didn't sell him so hard i'm not sure he would last this long. I get he played them but in the intro they sell it, so I think the cast buys it to a large extent. Though I have to say they did nothing worthwhile for fessy's into which is interesting.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Plsyed and watched by people raised on Nickelodeon lol.

Didn't know KC was a lesbian, if i'm buying into stereotypes she wouldn't pass for one on the so called black market.

CBS made Tyler with the stereotype. If they didn't sell him so hard i'm not sure he would last this long. I get he played them but in the intro they sell it, so I think the cast buys it to a large extent. Though I have to say they did nothing worthwhile for fessy's into which is interesting.
Wut?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

For me this season has been fun watching everyone get wrecked and their reactions after being voted out but it also becomes very predictable when the other side of the house is too clueless to go after the right players or understand what is happening with the votes.

I hope they insert Paul in the battle back lol. how hilarious would that be to have him strut into the house. (obviously they cannot, just making a joke)

I would love that. He would give Tyler a run for his money.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

They sell him as dopey surfer dude in the intro. This season has been full of the stereotype. The only person not working with him that has figured it out is Haleigh. I think CBS has people they want to win, I think Tyler is one of them this year, I do think people get propped up. These things are not real. Reality TV is staged, things are edited, nothing but the voting is live.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Theyre forcing the stereotypes more than ever. I think societal tone plays into this. Society is as divided as ever and stereotypes are as pinned as ever, I can see why they do it but i'm watching Big Brother and things like sports to escape the madness, not be force fed this more. They focus hardcore on the petty shit like JC and Bayleigh versus the game. Most of the people and relationships are fake, they are just using one another mostly. So few people would sacrifice their own games for another person

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They sell him as dopey surfer dude in the intro. This season has been full of the stereotype. The only person not working with him that has figured it out is Haleigh. I think CBS has people they want to win, I think Tyler is one of them this year, I do think people get propped up. These things are not real. Reality TV is staged, things are edited, nothing but the voting is live.
You realize that the people in the house don't see the intro right? Him playing up the dumb surfer....was to get in the house. I know how Big Brother works, it's not rigged the farthest it goes is them giving leading questions in the diary room. I mean they basically just repeat the same challenges at the same point in every season at this point anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad