TV: Big Brother 20, Part 2 - We've got the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You realize that the people in the house don't see the intro right? Him playing up the dumb surfer....was to get in the house. I know how Big Brother works, it's not rigged the farthest it goes is them giving leading questions in the diary room. I mean they basically just repeat the same challenges at the same point in every season at this point anyways.
They definitely do more than that, and have in past seasons. While they don't have a direct hand in things, they definitely try to steer the season in certain directions. Jeff getting the coup d'etat, production reintroducing the pairs twist to try and save both Rachel and Jordan. This season, the DR asked Haleigh what she was good at, she said word scrambles, and then the hacker comp and HoH comp were both word scrambles.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You realize that the people in the house don't see the intro right? Him playing up the dumb surfer....was to get in the house. I know how Big Brother works, it's not rigged the farthest it goes is them giving leading questions in the diary room. I mean they basically just repeat the same challenges at the same point in every season at this point anyways.

All of these shows are rigged to a point. It's just how it works, none of these things are complete genuine. Maybe the votes in the end are real but the relationships and all are faked. Most of these people are not friends and they blindly pick those to trust but stuff can definitely be instigated on. I never said the challenges themselves were rigged. I'm saying the behind the scenes stuff. Like in sports the fixes arent supposed to be obvious.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They definitely do more than that, and have in past seasons. While they don't have a direct hand in things, they definitely try to steer the season in certain directions. Jeff getting the coup d'etat, production reintroducing the pairs twist to try and save both Rachel and Jordan. This season, the DR asked Haleigh what she was good at, she said word scrambles, and then the hacker comp and HoH comp were both word scrambles.

That's what i'm saying, it has nothing to directly do with the game and challenges, theres ways to influence the game without it being so direct. The DR probably stirs up drama, I mean these people need a way to keep busy.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
No he wouldn't lol Paul was a mediocre at best player his first season and probably would have gotten the boot early last season if production didn't step in and save him for the first part of the game....after which he dominated to the end.

your joking right? I know you don't like the guy but come on.... 3 HOHs and 3 veto wins in his first season which is pretty respectable.

yup production did give him an edge right of the bat. Its just mind-blowing that a group of people wanted to ride with him to the end after he just had a great season but that is how good his social game is I guess. . . not good enough to win but good enough to control enough people to get to the end. Pretty much a BB russel Hantz.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
your joking right? I know you don't like the guy but come on.... 3 HOHs and 3 veto wins in his first season which is pretty respectable.

yup production did give him an edge right of the bat. Its just mind-blowing that a group of people wanted to ride with him to the end after he just had a great season but that is how good his social game is I guess. . . not good enough to win but good enough to control enough people to get to the end. Pretty much a BB russel Hantz.
Respectable is basically what I would call his first season. Nothing more nothing less. Which is what he was when he didn't have the extra help.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Also sounds like JC's game might have run into a brick wall tonight as he tried to convince Tyler that it was time to turn on Angela and KC and got a hard no. He will go out the door because he assumed he could manipulate everyone in the house like he could Fessy meanwhile he has been getting played himself.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Also sounds like JC's game might have run into a brick wall tonight as he tried to convince Tyler that it was time to turn on Angela and KC and got a hard no. He will go out the door because he assumed he could manipulate everyone in the house like he could Fessy meanwhile he has been getting played himself.

I bet Tyler will go to L6 and tell them of this conversation and then Brett will bring up that same conversation he had with JC as well.

I get the sense that they're getting sick of JC anyways. During yesterday's show, you could tell Tyler and Angela were annoyed when JC went up to the HOH room. Tyler made some quip about JC trying to tell Angela what he wanted her to do and of course JC goes on a long rant.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've been saying this for a while now, J.C. is literally just a number for L6. They use him to get information from the other side. Well, the other side now consists of only one more person after Thursday. They will cut him whenever they feel like it and he won't be able to do a thing because he can't win a competition to save his life. Tyler is sick of him. Angela is sick of him. Brett is sick of him. Hell, even Haleigh is sick of him and she hardly spends time with him. He is digging his own grave and will be out very soon.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I get you but all he does is argue with the girl. You may be right but in doing so he's sacrificed her game now as well by evicting an alliance member over something dumb. She exposed herself targeting Tyler twice. I just think hes too dumb to realize anything.
I don't think that Haleigh really likes Fessy that much, I think it's just that they're locked in the house together and she knew he would press the issue. I don't see this showmance going anywhere outside of the house.

I do agree with you that he's sacrificing her game (and both of their games) because of his feelings for her.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Respectable is basically what I would call his first season. Nothing more nothing less. Which is what he was when he didn't have the extra help.

I cant agree with your take on his seasons lol. I'm not a huge Paul fan but what he accomplished in two seasons with his social game was impressive and last season was a fun filled drama roller-coaster. Did some people in the house go to far? absolutely.

Yes he had a bump with the friendship bracelets and the pendent of protection which America voted for him to have. Lots of players get help via production twists and America voting. Last season Mark and Cody won all the temptation competitions to have immunity for a week and Jess won the hailing hex to null nominations for a week and they still couldn't turn their game around as their social game was just that bad. This season there was the Hacker comp and the super powers (which haven't needed to be used as L4/6 is killing it due to the bad social game of the other side).

No one had to be "friends" with him after that week but he had a good social game and learned from his previous season (18). Do you remember how he recognized the threat of the "returning houseguests" in season 18 and how he saw everyone was star struck by them and wanted to work with them? He basically implemented this into season 19 and used his persona/big brother prestige and knowledge of the game to manipulate the other players into falling into line. Heck Mark even used his "save a friend" power on Paul and then got voted out the same week.

Social game is a big aspect of this game and Paul found that out the easy and hard way. His social game was fantastic in the house both seasons. It allowed him to set a bunch of big brother records due it being so good. Most pov wins, Most combined pov/hoh wins, most days in the house and tied for most hoh wins. BUT his biggest flaw was that his social game in the house leaked into the real world when he continued to manipulate and not tell the truth when asked questions by the jury and on the goodbye messages which hilariously cost him the game twice.

We can all blame Kevin for Paul being in season 19.

I think Tyler if he has watched the previous two seasons has learned from watching Paul make and his mistakes. He is crushing the goodbye messages and being very cautious on how he approaches his final deals and is very good at letting the other person believe they are leading the deals. I think if Tyler comes back for another season he would have a shot at breaking some records.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I cant remember, was Kevin a BB fan? He seemed clueless, and easy for Paul & Production to manipulate. Same with Sam (Tyler) this season.

I still remember when production told Jeff where the -whatever- was so he could win the veto, and he still lost!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I cant agree with your take on his seasons lol. I'm not a huge Paul fan but what he accomplished in two seasons with his social game was impressive and last season was a fun filled drama roller-coaster. Did some people in the house go to far? absolutely.

Yes he had a bump with the friendship bracelets and the pendent of protection which America voted for him to have. Lots of players get help via production twists and America voting. Last season Mark and Cody won all the temptation competitions to have immunity for a week and Jess won the hailing hex to null nominations for a week and they still couldn't turn their game around as their social game was just that bad. This season there was the Hacker comp and the super powers (which haven't needed to be used as L4/6 is killing it due to the bad social game of the other side).

No one had to be "friends" with him after that week but he had a good social game and learned from his previous season (18). Do you remember how he recognized the threat of the "returning houseguests" in season 18 and how he saw everyone was star struck by them and wanted to work with them? He basically implemented this into season 19 and used his persona/big brother prestige and knowledge of the game to manipulate the other players into falling into line. Heck Mark even used his "save a friend" power on Paul and then got voted out the same week.

Social game is a big aspect of this game and Paul found that out the easy and hard way. His social game was fantastic in the house both seasons. It allowed him to set a bunch of big brother records due it being so good. Most pov wins, Most combined pov/hoh wins, most days in the house and tied for most hoh wins. BUT his biggest flaw was that his social game in the house leaked into the real world when he continued to manipulate and not tell the truth when asked questions by the jury and on the goodbye messages which hilariously cost him the game twice.

We can all blame Kevin for Paul being in season 19.

I think Tyler if he has watched the previous two seasons has learned from watching Paul make and his mistakes. He is crushing the goodbye messages and being very cautious on how he approaches his final deals and is very good at letting the other person believe they are leading the deals. I think if Tyler comes back for another season he would have a shot at breaking some records.
I mean I pretty much agree with everything you said about Paul except for that I personally found both seasons he was on to be two of the worst seasons of big brother I have ever watched. I think he was a good not great player in his first season and became great last year....it was just never good entertainment for me.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I cant remember, was Kevin a BB fan? He seemed clueless, and easy for Paul & Production to manipulate. Same with Sam (Tyler) this season.

I still remember when production told Jeff where the -whatever- was so he could win the veto, and he still lost!
Kevin never watched BB before going on. His daughters watched it though and said he should apply.

Also, of course Paul won the vote for the pendant of protection... They held that vote after like 1 episode. Who else is America going to vote for, the only person they knew was Paul... Production set him up to enter the house with 2 weeks of safety to get himself off on the right foot.

Reactions: tacogeoff and jw2

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
BUT his biggest flaw was that his social game in the house leaked into the real world when he continued to manipulate and not tell the truth when asked questions by the jury and on the goodbye messages which hilariously cost him the game twice.
For BB19 I 100% agree. However, for BB18 the man was absolutely robbed. Nicole did not deserve to win that season at all, and the women in the jury even admitted afterwards that they voted for Nicole simply for the fact that she is a woman and not based on her gameplay. Both Da'Vonne and Natalie admitted as such, and you can bet that Bridgette's reasoning was the same, too, despite not admitting it in an interview.

If Paul wins BB18, like he should have, we very likely do not see him in BB19 and that season probably goes a lot better than it did with Paul in the house controlling everyone.
Kevin never watched BB before going on. His daughters watched it though and said he should apply.

Also, of course Paul won the vote for the pendant of protection... They held that vote after like 1 episode. Who else is America going to vote for, the only person they knew was Paul... Production set him up to enter the house with 2 weeks of safety to get himself off on the right foot.
Well obviously they weren't going to insert Paul into the game only to have him evicted in week 1. They 100% knew that at least SOME houseguests would target him, and that's exactly what Cody tried to do.

That said, it's not like production helped the guy the entire season. Did Paul have an advantage with the three-week protection? Sure did. But he was also put at a HUGE disadvantage walking into that house with almost every houseguest knowing who he was, his personality, and how he plays. None of the other houseguests knew anything about each other. So it's a catch-22.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
For BB19 I 100% agree. However, for BB18 the man was absolutely robbed. Nicole did not deserve to win that season at all, and the women in the jury even admitted afterwards that they voted for Nicole simply for the fact that she is a woman and not based on her gameplay. Both Da'Vonne and Natalie admitted as such, and you can bet that Bridgette's reasoning was the same, too, despite not admitting it in an interview.

If Paul wins BB18, like he should have, we very likely do not see him in BB19 and that season probably goes a lot better than it did with Paul in the house controlling everyone.

Well obviously they weren't going to insert Paul into the game only to have him evicted in week 1. They 100% knew that at least SOME houseguests would target him, and that's exactly what Cody tried to do.

That said, it's not like production helped the guy the entire season. Did Paul have an advantage with the three-week protection? Sure did. But he was also put at a HUGE disadvantage walking into that house with almost every houseguest knowing who he was, his personality, and how he plays. None of the other houseguests knew anything about each other. So it's a catch-22.
Or you could also say he had a huge advantage that he is known and people will want to work with him and look to him for guidance... It goes both ways. I would say returning is a much greater benefit than being completely new.

It's not a coincidence that on most returnee/noobie seasons the vets go far.

Last edited:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I think you'd have a hard time convincing me that Paul "didn't get help the entire time"

But I'd much rather admit I'm wrong and never have to see his name on here.

I think he epitomizes what's gone wrong with this show the last several seasons.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Love/hate Paul, I think everyone can agree here the game of BB is much better when played with 100% new cast or 100% all stars.

The split new and split all stars completely changes the game for the worse. From the new players sucking up to the all stars (or trying to take them out immediately and being shutdown) to the production favoring the all stars.

AG & BB have their "favorites" (Haleigh this year) but the only way to win the game is to be in an alliance with strangers at the start but I think you underestimate the relationships that are built & getting know someone when living with them 24/7 right off the bat to build trust later in the game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Based on the live feeds, J.C. is undoubtedly going home next week. Not only does Haleigh want to go after him and Sam if she stays, but J.C. is actively trying to convince Tyler to cut BOTH Angela and Kaycee. Also trying to convince Brett to get onboard.

Dude continues to dig his own grave. At this point, I think everyone outside of Sam that wins HoH will put up J.C.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Based on the live feeds, J.C. is undoubtedly going home next week. Not only does Haleigh want to go after him and Sam if she stays, but J.C. is actively trying to convince Tyler to cut BOTH Angela and Kaycee. Also trying to convince Brett to get onboard.

Dude continues to dig his own grave. At this point, I think everyone outside of Sam that wins HoH will put up J.C.

At least he is thinking about the endgame and how to get there. It should of tripped the alarms when Tyler said to JC last night that he isn't going to convince him to go after Angela and KC. If him and Brett don't do something soon and team up with whoever stays out of Fes and Haleigh to balance the power they are getting steamrolled one by one the next few weeks.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At least he is thinking about the endgame and how to get there. It should of tripped the alarms when Tyler said to JC last night that he isn't going to convince him to go after Angela and KC. If him and Brett don't do something soon and team up with whoever stays out of Fes and Haleigh to balance the power they are getting steamrolled one by one the next few weeks.
Oh, no doubt about it, but the guy is a moron for going about it the way he is. Going to Tyler first and asking him to cut BOTH his girl and his best friend in the house, and take J.C. instead? He literally couldn't have gone about this any worse. He basically gave Tyler his reason to put him up if Tyler wins HoH. Ditto Angela and Kaycee because they will find out this info from Tyler.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I honestly think most people who get on the game are NOT superfans. So I can see how a group was dumb enough to ride with him to the end. He also gave people friendship braceletes so yeah his social game didnt hurt.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I bet Tyler will go to L6 and tell them of this conversation and then Brett will bring up that same conversation he had with JC as well.

I get the sense that they're getting sick of JC anyways. During yesterday's show, you could tell Tyler and Angela were annoyed when JC went up to the HOH room. Tyler made some quip about JC trying to tell Angela what he wanted her to do and of course JC goes on a long rant.

This s why this season blows. Tyler is running the house. When someone runs the whole house its boring.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

KC is a slam dunk victory for Tyler, of course he won't want to get rid of her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad