TV: Big Brother 20, Part 2 - We've got the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I've been saying this for a while now, J.C. is literally just a number for L6. They use him to get information from the other side. Well, the other side now consists of only one more person after Thursday. They will cut him whenever they feel like it and he won't be able to do a thing because he can't win a competition to save his life. Tyler is sick of him. Angela is sick of him. Brett is sick of him. Hell, even Haleigh is sick of him and she hardly spends time with him. He is digging his own grave and will be out very soon.

Brett i a dummie. I agree he can beat Tyler in a F2 but I also don't think he will get there. Him and KC are the bottom 2. It' going to be 2 after the battle back.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I cant remember, was Kevin a BB fan? He seemed clueless, and easy for Paul & Production to manipulate. Same with Sam (Tyler) this season.

I still remember when production told Jeff where the -whatever- was so he could win the veto, and he still lost!

Josh seemed dumber than Kevin and called himself a Super Fan.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Kevin never watched BB before going on. His daughters watched it though and said he should apply.

Also, of course Paul won the vote for the pendant of protection... They held that vote after like 1 episode. Who else is America going to vote for, the only person they knew was Paul... Production set him up to enter the house with 2 weeks of safety to get himself off on the right foot.

Wasnt his girlfriend at the time on the production team? She did work on the show.

I hate that Kevin's daughters did that to him.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I cant agree with your take on his seasons lol. I'm not a huge Paul fan but what he accomplished in two seasons with his social game was impressive and last season was a fun filled drama roller-coaster. Did some people in the house go to far? absolutely.

Yes he had a bump with the friendship bracelets and the pendent of protection which America voted for him to have. Lots of players get help via production twists and America voting. Last season Mark and Cody won all the temptation competitions to have immunity for a week and Jess won the hailing hex to null nominations for a week and they still couldn't turn their game around as their social game was just that bad. This season there was the Hacker comp and the super powers (which haven't needed to be used as L4/6 is killing it due to the bad social game of the other side).

No one had to be "friends" with him after that week but he had a good social game and learned from his previous season (18). Do you remember how he recognized the threat of the "returning houseguests" in season 18 and how he saw everyone was star struck by them and wanted to work with them? He basically implemented this into season 19 and used his persona/big brother prestige and knowledge of the game to manipulate the other players into falling into line. Heck Mark even used his "save a friend" power on Paul and then got voted out the same week.

Social game is a big aspect of this game and Paul found that out the easy and hard way. His social game was fantastic in the house both seasons. It allowed him to set a bunch of big brother records due it being so good. Most pov wins, Most combined pov/hoh wins, most days in the house and tied for most hoh wins. BUT his biggest flaw was that his social game in the house leaked into the real world when he continued to manipulate and not tell the truth when asked questions by the jury and on the goodbye messages which hilariously cost him the game twice.

We can all blame Kevin for Paul being in season 19.

I think Tyler if he has watched the previous two seasons has learned from watching Paul make and his mistakes. He is crushing the goodbye messages and being very cautious on how he approaches his final deals and is very good at letting the other person believe they are leading the deals. I think if Tyler comes back for another season he would have a shot at breaking some records.

Returning players SHOULD NOT be allowed.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
At least he is thinking about the endgame and how to get there. It should of tripped the alarms when Tyler said to JC last night that he isn't going to convince him to go after Angela and KC. If him and Brett don't do something soon and team up with whoever stays out of Fes and Haleigh to balance the power they are getting steamrolled one by one the next few weeks.

I think Haleigh is the next target but I also agree that Brett would be stupid not to work with JC. JC, Brett, Fessy/Haleigh and the battle back person, if they teamed up and convinced Sam she's not even a top 4 candidate the season would get interesting again.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
They have a clear advantage.

If I know that...and you know that.....why cant the other house guests figure that out? are they that unaware or just that badly casted? dropping in a few returning guests is an interesting twist but has been done to far often in the last 10 or so seasons so I think we will see it taper off for a bit.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
If I know that...and you know that.....why cant the other house guests figure that out? are they that unaware or just that badly casted? dropping in a few returning guests is an interesting twist but has been done to far often in the last 10 or so seasons so I think we will see it taper off for a bit.

Convinced most of these people are not super fans or are even fans in the first place. Didn't Sam get recruited from Instagram or something? So did she even have to audition? Not sure how some of these people come across the game. They pick based on stereotype, Fessy i proof because hes the dumbest thing out there. I don't think Tyler gets on if he's not the dumb surfer guy.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This s why this season blows. Tyler is running the house. When someone runs the whole house its boring.
You and I have very, very different definitions of boring. I don't know what more you want from a Big Brother season. There's been blindside after blindside, alliances turning on each other, only one multi-HOH winner. I truly don't know what you want.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You and I have very, very different definitions of boring. I don't know what more you want from a Big Brother season. There's been blindside after blindside, alliances turning on each other, only one multi-HOH winner. I truly don't know what you want.

Only one has turned, if we really want to call it one to begin with. Always thought they were dysfunctional to begin with.

To me they weren't surprises, I knew all those people would go, it's only a blindside to that disastorous alliance.

It's just that this is predictable, theres not going to be any BIG move late that is a twist. If it can be it will be a Tyler and angela final.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Only one has turned, if we really want to call it one to begin with. Always thought they were dysfunctional to begin with.

To me they weren't surprises, I knew all those people would go, it's only a blindside to that disastorous alliance.

It's just that this is predictable, theres not going to be any BIG move late that is a twist. If it can be it will be a Tyler and angela final.
I mean they don't call them blindsides because they blindside the audience lol. There are live feeds we know exactly what is happening at all times....that is kind of the point.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
But how many are gunna pay CBS money for a feed? Pop does 3 hours at night every night.
So? You don't need the feeds to know what is going on in the house. If you wanted to be shocked by what has happened all summer you probably shouldn't have been reading all the spoilers I have been posting in here lol.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

They aren't supposed to be surprises to you, though. That's why we can see everything on television and the houseguests cannot. It's a surprise to them.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So? You don't need the feeds to know what is going on in the house. If you wanted to be shocked by what has happened all summer you probably shouldn't have been reading all the spoilers I have been posting in here lol.

I never said I was "shocked" at all, I said the only people who have been "shocked" is that dumb cancerous "alliance" on the other side of the house.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They aren't supposed to be surprises to you, though. That's why we can see everything on television and the houseguests cannot. It's a surprise to them.

I think we are looking at surprise differently, it's not so much as suspense as it is I wish it would turn a bit from where I think it's heading, I wouldn't mind being wrong or caught off guard just a bit. I would love to see Scottie come back from the battle back and somehow win, or even JC or Sam...or even god forbid Haleigh. The fact Tyker is probably going to win is boring because I and others have thought that for well over a month. The only way he probably loses is if the numbers dwindle and his hoity toity alliance wakes up and realizes almost none of them are likely to beat him in a vote.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think we are looking at surprise differently, it's not so much as suspense as it is I wish it would turn a bit from where I think it's heading, I wouldn't mind being wrong or caught off guard just a bit. I would love to see Scottie come back from the battle back and somehow win, or even JC or Sam...or even god forbid Haleigh. The fact Tyker is probably going to win is boring because I and others have thought that for well over a month. The only way he probably loses is if the numbers dwindle and his hoity toity alliance wakes up and realizes almost none of them are likely to beat him in a vote.
That makes me like this season, though. I want a worthy winner. I don't want a Nicole Franzel or a Josh Martinez. I want somebody that played the game excellently, start to finish, and is a worthy winner. Tyler is exactly that.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah that will never ever make sense to me. You want people that are substantially worse to take out the best player in the game just because you find good gameplay boring. I would rather the best players win.

Reactions: DynamiteKid

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Brett i a dummie. I agree he can beat Tyler in a F2 but I also don't think he will get there. Him and KC are the bottom 2. It' going to be 2 after the battle back.
What makes you think this...? Bretty is an absolute douche and was incredibly mean to people in his goodbye messages. No chance he gets Rockstar's vote, Bayleigh is a toss-up (it would be easy to say she goes against Tyler, but after Rockstar tells Bayleigh what Brett did to her that could easily sway her to vote Tyler to win), Scottie left the house thinking him and Tyler were buddies. So there's a for sure 2 / 3, possible 3/3 current jurors that Tyler has already.

Brett is the clear outlier in L6/4 right now, so Tyler would get both Kaycee and Angela's vote out of that alliance, I believe. Tyler likely gets Sam's vote too, since they've had a bit of a connection from the beginning that she doesn't share with Brett. JC is a game-player and will probably vote for the person who played the best game, between the two of them at this point, is Tyler. I think he's got Rockstar, Scottie, Kaycee, and Angela locked up, so that's a solid 4 votes right there. Bayleigh and JC will be wildcards, but I think the latter definitely would go with Tyler if it's between Ty and Brett.

Couldn't agree more. It's an awesome season, very entertaining. I'm not sure what else we could want from this season. We had a swing vote in the very first eviction, a blind-side after blind-side. A bromance, a showmance, half-a-showmance (Fess + Haleigh), a potential budding showmance (Ty + Angela), one multi-HOH, and one of the biggest trainwreck alliances in BB history.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Off the topic of BB20 -

I've started watching season 4 last night. The X-Factor twist is totally awesome. There's a guy from Pittsburgh on this season, so that's pretty cool. In season 5 there's actually a guy who went to my high school on there.

In season 4 it's pretty insane, I really enjoy the food challenges. I wish they'd bring those back instead of the have-nots eating slop. It's crazy to me how superficial and vain all of these people are. It seems like all they talk about is how good looking the other houseguests are, who they think is hot, who they want to hook up with, who they're jealous of etc. I laugh when people say that recent Houseguests of BB are socially inept because of being "millennials", but the people in the early 2000s were just as bad, only caring about superficial crap.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah that will never ever make sense to me. You want people that are substantially worse to take out the best player in the game just because you find good gameplay boring. I would rather the best players win.
Agreed. It doesn't make sense to me that a viewer (or player, for that matter) would want someone other than the best player to win. I do understand the strategy of getting strong players out in the early-mid game, but when it gets into the final 3rd of the game, I think that the best players deserve to win. That is Tyler for this season.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
They have a clear advantage.
What do you mean when you say "returning houseguest"? Are you talking about a jury member battling back into the house, or are you talking about a person who played through a season of Big Brother and returned for another season in the future?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Agreed. It doesn't make sense to me that a viewer (or player, for that matter) would want someone other than the best player to win. I do understand the strategy of getting strong players out in the early-mid game, but when it gets into the final 3rd of the game, I think that the best players deserve to win. That is Tyler for this season.
Yeah and I mean the thing is that it really isn't set in stone like that person is saying...is Tyler playing the best game? Absolutely but Angela really isn't far off him at all and if anyone steps up and makes a move to cut him in l6 they will be a deserving winner...but rooting for clearly undeserving people to win because one side has played to well doesn't make sense at all.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad