Best pass since Karlssons 120ft sauce to Hoffman

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Also, the one guy is right about the Karlsson pass. Area saucer passes really aren't that hard.... The better teams in the league I play in land a couple of those a game. There's more luck involved than skill, as the large majority of them get knocked out of the air before they get anywhere near their target. Sometimes the sea just parts for you, and you can throw one out there. You don't see them in the NHL very often because guys are too good at knocking them down to even try it the majority of the time.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Krug had an absolutely beauty pass to send one of Marchand or Bergeron on a breakaway last season or season before. The puck was in the air until it landed on their stick at the offensive blue line for a breakaway.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Sounds like you aren't very good at hockey, because it's no harder than lobbing a puck down the ice when you have all kinds of time and space. I'll do one tonight in my league for ya.
Wow. Just can't get over that your team lost that game and that series. I am sure you do tape to tape 120 ft passes all the time to a rapidly moving forward. Of course you do. Lol.

Brownies

Also, the one guy is right about the Karlsson pass. Area saucer passes really aren't that hard.... The better teams in the league I play in land a couple of those a game. There's more luck involved than skill, as the large majority of them get knocked out of the air before they get anywhere near their target. Sometimes the sea just parts for you, and you can throw one out there. You don't see them in the NHL very often because guys are too good at knocking them down to even try it the majority of the time.
The beauty of that pass is in its perfection. Hoffman didn’t have to slow down, the pass landed perfectly just in front of him at the right speed. I really liked the angle from behind Karlsson where we can see how little rotation the puck had in the air on such a long distance. I’ve seen lots of QB saucer pass, but that one by Karlsson was special. Major props to Hoffman for receiving it like a champ and pulling that Forsberg feint. How can you not like that play ?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Nobody cares about your beer league heroics dude, especially me, since mine are far superior.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Ovie's cross ice backhand pass that lead to a Kuzy goal in last years playoffs was dirty.

Anze Kopitar has had a few Hail Mary assists as well. Where is his love?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
As for those types of passes though Henrik Sedin had a real beauty that I don't think was ever preserved on youtube, where rather than making it directly tape to tape to Daniel's stick he shot it into the corner and it banked back out perfectly tape to board to tape on Daniel's stick who went in and scored.

Scroll up :)

For OP
Watching the game, I'm still not convinced it was an accident. If it was, it just shows how a talent like that bends the game around them

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
He didnt know he lost the puck which is why he tried to shoot. I mean he even said it himself when he said he didnt try to do it.
You could hear the contact between the defenders stick and Mcjesus´stick when it happened as well which is why he lost control over the puck.
I actually watched it a couple of times right after it happened last night to see what he did/didnt do because it looked so weird live.
I dont believe that. Basically in the slot and the best player in the world doesnt know he lost the puck and jsut coasts by? He would've stopped on a dime in an attempt retrieve it if he lost it.

That was on purpose.

Update to my professional analysis: Listened to the live feed and you can hear the snap of McDavids "shot". This was definitely an accident and thread should be deleted because McDavid is a fraud and the pass was not on purpose.

Back to hating on him until he leaves the Oilers.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I dont believe that. Basically in the slot and the best player in the world doesnt know he lost the puck and jsut coasts by? He would've stopped on a dime in an attempt retrieve it if he lost it.

That was on purpose.

Update to my professional analysis: Listened to the live feed and you can hear the snap of McDavids "shot". This was definitely an accident and thread should be deleted because McDavid is a fraud and the pass was not on purpose.

Back to hating on him until he leaves the Oilers.

Lol what a rollercoaster

Anyway he didn't mean to. Players whiff on shots a lot.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The beauty of that pass is in its perfection. Hoffman didn’t have to slow down, the pass landed perfectly just in front of him at the right speed. I really liked the angle from behind Karlsson where we can see how little rotation the puck had in the air on such a long distance. I’ve seen lots of QB saucer pass, but that one by Karlsson was special. Major props to Hoffman for receiving it like a champ and pulling that Forsberg feint. How can you not like that play ?

I don't think anyone's actually not liking that play, just people getting caught up in some semantics - I absolutely love that Karlsson pass. A lot of these highlight goals you'll see are stuff require a degree of skill or sense that only the top pro's can pull off, but outside of playing at NHL or even pro level speed (obviously) some of the passing plays being discussed are stuff even beer leaguers can fluke out and pull off every once in a while.

Or in the case of the McDavid pass, could get pulled off in low level beer league simply because us scrubs will be fumbling the puck all over the place :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad