Best pass since Karlssons 120ft sauce to Hoffman

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
His longtime trainer, on the other hand, isn’t buying this explanation. “I think that’s just Connor being humble,” Quinn says. “I’ve trained this guy for years. He didn’t lose that puck. He gives the false information. He leaves the puck for Rattie, and he’s focused in case a rebound happens. His response time, his body speed, his foot speed … when you tie all those things together, it's amazing."

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
His longtime trainer, on the other hand, isn’t buying this explanation. “I think that’s just Connor being humble,” Quinn says. “I’ve trained this guy for years. He didn’t lose that puck. He gives the false information. He leaves the puck for Rattie, and he’s focused in case a rebound happens. His response time, his body speed, his foot speed … when you tie all those things together, it's amazing."

This is how I see it too. When he "lost" the puck there was no reaction to it, McDavid just stayed focused on watching the net and kept moving forward.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Great pass of course, but assuming this isn't a satirical post... The best two goals in hockey history have definitely not both been in the last two years. I can think of at least 10 I would consider better off the top of my head.
Just the typical "anything prior to the advent of social media didn't actually happen" mentality that is so common nowadays.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
I think McDavid just fanned on the shot. Nice play by Rattie to be there to pick up the garbage and bury it.
Looked like that to me even before he admitted to it.

RandR

May 15, 2011

Gretzky's genius, of course, was not only his ability to make passes like that, but how he would set them up by first drawing multiple players towards him before making it.

I still remember watching with a bunch of guys at a friend's place the following pass to Paul Coffey in the 85 finals... . Our friend had a video recorder and large rear-projection TV (hugely expensive in those days) and we watched the play over and over again to try and figure out how Gretzky even knew Coffey was there (since he never looks up), let alone gauge his speed as Coffey was one of the fastest skaters in the league at that time. We always marveled at how Gretzky had "eyes in the back of his head", and there was even a story about him apparently having abnormally wide peripheral vision.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
That Karlsson pass is the equivalent of Michal Jordan's layup when he switched hands. Wildly overrated because of media hype.

Matt Duchene's pass this week was much nicer, as are the dozens of no look passes, tape-to-tape every night. Any beer leaguer can spot a guy open at the far blue line and fire a saucer pass.
Oh boy....

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Not the “best pass in the last decade” but Backstrom affirmed his claim the Sauce Throne last June.

HeartfeltImpureHedgehog-small.gif

RiskyBryzness21

Mar 23, 2017
Are you kidding me...there's great passes in every other game by every other team. There can be tons of examples

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He didn't crack a wince or double take - there is no way he whiffed. But what is he supposed to say, "Wasn't that incredible of me?"
"yeah I saw him back there and I was lucky enough that my pass got to him and he made a great play to finish it". it's literally so easy to admit he meant to do that and still downplay it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad