Best pass since Karlssons 120ft sauce to Hoffman

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Jets announcers thought he “bobbled” the puck but when I saw the replay I was like “I think that asshole did that on purpose!”. :laugh:

How about that McDavid/Morrissey matchup though? Man that was fun to watch.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
That Karlsson pass is the equivalent of Michal Jordan's layup when he switched hands. Wildly overrated because of media hype.

Matt Duchene's pass this week was much nicer, as are the dozens of no look passes, tape-to-tape every night. Any beer leaguer can spot a guy open at the far blue line and fire a saucer pass.

Uhhhh......no.

Reactions: Kelly

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He also has all kinds of time to spot it and line it up and absolutely no one pressuring him. The most-impressive part of that play is Hoffman's finish.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
I don't see how that's better or harder to pull off. Karlsson's was from his goal line and was right on Hoffman's stick who was at the Bruins's blue line.

Much more accuracy needed as the spot was much smaller. Karlsson had the entire opponent's middle ice to put the puck on.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Oh look, another McDavid thread where non Leafs fans bring up Matthews again. Do you guys have his poster on the back of your bedroom doors too?

McDavid himself said it was an accident and that he was trying to shoot. Either way Karlsson's was infinitely better.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Much more accuracy needed as the spot was much smaller. Karlsson had the entire opponent's middle ice to put the puck on.

The people who are saying 'right on the stick' don't realize that the guy receiving the pass is also adjusting. There's about a 6 ft window to put that in, which is no harder than lobbing a shot into an empty net. Whereas a non-look pass for a one-timer has to be almost dead-on accurate.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Oh look, another McDavid thread where non Leafs fans bring up Matthews again. Do you guys have his poster on the back of your bedroom doors too?

McDavid himself said it was an accident and that he was trying to shoot. Either way Karlsson's was infinitely better.

Its gonna happen regardless, kind of how every Ovi thread includes Crosby.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
That Karlsson pass is the equivalent of Michal Jordan's layup when he switched hands. Wildly overrated because of media hype.

Matt Duchene's pass this week was much nicer, as are the dozens of no look passes, tape-to-tape every night. Any beer leaguer can spot a guy open at the far blue line and fire a saucer pass.

You call what Karlsson did, a saucer pass?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The people who are saying 'right on the stick' don't realize that the guy receiving the pass is also adjusting. There's about a 6 ft window to put that in, which is no harder than lobbing a shot into an empty net. Whereas a non-look pass for a one-timer has to be almost dead-on accurate.

anyone who has played ice hockey will tell you how difficult of a pass that was to make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Its gonna happen regardless, kind of how every Ovi thread includes Crosby.
Except how many people are/were complaining about Crosby being mentioned all the time by Pens fans?

Every single Matthews thread, we have to deal with people saying there is too much Matthews talk and then as soon as you head to another thread someone who is not a Leafs fan is bringing him up again. Seems a little hypocritical that only Leafs fans get called out for it.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Except how many people are/were complaining about Crosby being mentioned all the time by Pens fans?

Every single Matthews thread, we have to deal with people saying there is too much Matthews talk and then as soon as you head to another thread someone who is not a Leafs fan is bringing him up again. Seems a little hypocritical that only Leafs fans get called out for it.

A lot? This forum was full of that from 06-2013

Its the same thing now, just different fanbase/player

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
A lot? This forum was full of that from 06-2013

Its the same thing now, just different fanbase/player
Sorry. I meant to say "non Pens" fans. I don't remember too many people going into non Pens and Crosby threads and bringing him up all the time.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Sorry. I meant to say "non Pens" fans. I don't remember too many people going into non Pens and Crosby threads and bringing him up all the time.

I see what you mean now, you do have a point

A lot of Matthews threads are usually started by non leafs fans too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->