LeBrun: Bergevin willing to move 1st rounder.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
To what end? It's not like they're a scoring winger away from competing for a Cup. They're not even a scoring winger away from being a lock for the playoffs. They were 24th in the league for a reason.
It’s a good thing you’re not a GM of any franchise, nothing would ever get done lmao.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I wonder if we could package domi , mete and a second for a pick in the 5-10 range than trade our own first , fleury/juulsen, prospect for rakell .

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Bergevin seems to have more clues than at least 2/3 of the leagues gms . Personnaly I think he is top 5 . He has arguably the top prospect pool in the entire league. He has a ton of picks in the next two drafts . He’s one of a only a handful of gms who understands working with a salary cap . So far this off season he’s picked up a solid backup goaltender and a big mobile physical defender for a couple mid to late picks . He has lots to work with to obtain/upgrade a couple goal scorers whether thru trades or free agency . With the exception of one signing (alzner) and one questionable trade (drouin/sergachev) his track record is excellent . Let me guess , I bet your a fan of a team who has about 6 million in cap space to sign 9 guys .
I’m sure you do! Every cult has a few true believers.
:laugh:

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Not that I want Laine at all but saying Domi, 16th overall, and Fleury wouldn’t get this done is very arguable.
Adding 2 or 3rd from following year or Hillie and Teasdale.
I wouldn’t do this, especially with the add ons. But to think we can’t afford Laine is laughable.
And Ehlers can pound sand
It's time to head back to the habs forum and make believe there is anything at all on your team that the jets need to get better. I especially like the one where they think we want chiarot back in winnipeg. We let him walk cause he was crap whose top skill was icing the puck but in Montreal he is top pairing. Same goes for Armia.

Reactions: Snowman

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
It's time to head back to the habs forum and make believe there is anything at all on your team that the jets need to get better. I especially like the one where they think we want chiarot back in winnipeg. We let him walk cause he was crap whose top skill was icing the puck but in Montreal he is top pairing. Same goes for Armia.

Jets sure seem to have shot for the moon after his departure:dunno:

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
nothing you just said made any sense except for you needing armia and Chariot back lol

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
Shaking my head at some of the replies here.

it’s so stupid to trade a mid first round pick or maybe some prospects in order to compete now when you have only a couple years left of a legit top pairing defenseman and one of the best goalies in the world?

really?

this is from a leafs fan. In my opinion they’d be smart to go for it in the next 2-3 years. Oh and don’t they have that little thing called cap space too? That not many teams have?

Reactions: BLONG7

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Chariot was no good but Beaulieu is a keeper That is way to funny

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

it’s so stupid to trade a mid first round pick or maybe some prospects in order to compete now when you have only a couple years left of a legit top pairing defenseman and one of the best goalies in the world?

really?

this is from a leafs fan. In my opinion they’d be smart to go for it in the next 2-3 years. Oh and don’t they have that little thing called cap space too? That not many teams have?
That is the reason why the Habs should be moving picks and prospects its because Weber and Price only have a few years left. What happens when Price and Weber leave/retire? then the Habs are stuck looking for another number 1Dman which is f***ing hard to find and another starting goalie which is some what hard to find. Habs are screwed if they do or don't might as well take the plunge now and see what happens because its just going to get harder anyways.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

really?

The opportunity is now to try and make some semblance of a run. If they believe Suzuki and KK will continue to trend upwards, along with Price and Weber still being very good, it makes sense. The Habs aren’t in the best situation, that’s for sure, but I can understand the advantage they have now (two potential Top 6 centres on ELCs)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Will gladly take another Armia if you had more . It’s funny that Armia would have helped you a lot when yous were being pushed around like that by Calgary . You have to admit it must have been so embarrassing how yous went down without a whimper

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I’m sure you do! Every cult has a few true believers.
:laugh:
Well I’m a big believer in bergevin . At least his team put up a reasonable showing this year . Chevyldale must have been cringing watching the jets lay down like a cheap rug

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Jets sure seem to have shot for the moon after his departure:dunno:
Habs really shot to the top after dumpster diving. Worst players that we had to include a draft pick to get rid of and one we let walk for free knowing we where losing 2 other dmen....but some how are the best players in Montreal. What does that make the guys they passed. Yikes.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bergevin seems to have more clues than at least 2/3 of the leagues gms . Personnaly I think he is top 5 . He has arguably the top prospect pool in the entire league. He has a ton of picks in the next two drafts . He’s one of a only a handful of gms who understands working with a salary cap . So far this off season he’s picked up a solid backup goaltender and a big mobile physical defender for a couple mid to late picks . He has lots to work with to obtain/upgrade a couple goal scorers whether thru trades or free agency . With the exception of one signing (alzner) and one questionable trade (drouin/sergachev) his track record is excellent . Let me guess , I bet your a fan of a team who has about 6 million in cap space to sign 9 guys .
I am a Habs fan......Bergevin is a donkey that should have been fired 3-4 years ago. The habs have accomplished absolutely nothing with this clown running the show. His claim to fame, is lower expectations and move the goalposts every year

You guessed wrong....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Buch + 22OA
for
16OA + Juulsen

J is surplus and injury history/risk, is depth if/when we move DeAngelo, and can get mins while we wait for Nils L to get here.
Also trading Buch gives his mins to Krav, Kakko, etc
NY moves up slightly

Habs get a useful W and still have a later mid pick for a center mid pick.

thoughts?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Well I’m a big believer in bergevin . At least his team put up a reasonable showing this year . Chevyldale must have been cringing watching the jets lay down like a cheap rug
Reasonable showing? Habs are the bottom of the league team got invited to a tournament that no one wanted to be locked in a bubble away from their families to play in. Having montreal was like inviting the slow kid to play street hockey with you and let him score a goal.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Not sure how this is news worthy, every team will move their first round pick for the right price.. Media likes to make stories out of nothing.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Will gladly take another Armia if you had more . It’s funny that Armia would have helped you a lot when yous were being pushed around like that by Calgary . You have to admit it must have been so embarrassing how yous went down without a whimper
Check out the AHL rosters..there are all sorts of 27 year old Armia level players there.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I am a Habs fan......Bergevin is a donkey that should have been fired 3-4 years ago. The habs have accomplished absolutely nothing with this clown running the show. His claim to fame, is lower expectations and move the goalposts every year

You guessed wrong....
You must have been a big subban fan were you . How is his city to city tour going ?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Habs are my second favourite team and it’s sad to see how they’ve been spinning their wheels going nowhere during the Bergevin years. Bergevin is a bottom 10 GM. Probably realistically bottom five. I’m shocked he’s still employed. I don’t really care about Winnipeg tbh. That’s your schtick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not sure how this is news worthy, every team will move their first round pick for the right price.. Media likes to make stories out of nothing.

He’s always said the opposite and he’s never moved his pick before the draft.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
He’s always said the opposite and he’s never moved his pick before the draft.
So you are saying he has turned down every offer regardless of what was offered, and only this year he would move it. Ok then, I guess that would make him the only GM in that category, rest assured every GM will move any player for the right price at anytime, Habs GM is no different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad