LeBrun: Bergevin willing to move 1st rounder.

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
That is the reason why the Habs should be moving picks and prospects its because Weber and Price only have a few years left. What happens when Price and Weber leave/retire? then the Habs are stuck looking for another number 1Dman which is f***ing hard to find and another starting goalie which is some what hard to find. Habs are screwed if they do or don't might as well take the plunge now and see what happens because its just going to get harder anyways.
I guess that’s what I’m sayin Brooksy

Reactions: holy and Dave Ayers

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs really shot to the top after dumpster diving. Worst players that we had to include a draft pick to get rid of and one we let walk for free knowing we where losing 2 other dmen....but some how are the best players in Montreal. What does that make the guys they passed. Yikes.
I wouldn’t say chariot and Armia are our best players but we’re very happy with them .they play with some guts.You know the exact thing the jets were lacking against the flames

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So you are saying he has turned down every offer regardless of what was offered, and only this year he would move it. Ok then, I guess that would make him the only GM in that category, rest assured every GM will move any player for the right price at anytime, Habs GM is no different.

No I’m saying it’s out of the ordinary for him to simply say it’s available which probably means he’s shipping it. Maybe you don’t follow the Habs, but this change of pace is pretty telling to us.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I am a Habs fan......Bergevin is a donkey that should have been fired 3-4 years ago. The habs have accomplished absolutely nothing with this clown running the show. His claim to fame, is lower expectations and move the goalposts every year

You guessed wrong....
Well I’m sorry for disappointment there bud . He seems to be getting favourable reviews and has the backing of ownership . I like it but I respect you don’t .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Check out the AHL rosters..there are all sorts of 27 year old Armia level players there.
I doubt that . He has been awesome for us . Great penalty killer , scores timely goals , big body that hits , oh wait he didn’t fit your plan moving forward maybe ... you know “no hitting “ .

Reactions: Bouboumaster

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Reasonable showing? Habs are the bottom of the league team got invited to a tournament that no one wanted to be locked in a bubble away from their families to play in. Having montreal was like inviting the slow kid to play street hockey with you and let him score a goal.
Oh so Winnipeg’s excuse was they didn’t wanna be locked in a bubble ? Come on man . Step up . Admit it . They played scared

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The Habs are my second favourite team and it’s sad to see how they’ve been spinning their wheels going nowhere during the Bergevin years. Bergevin is a bottom 10 GM. Probably realistically bottom five. I’m shocked he’s still employed. I don’t really care about Winnipeg tbh. That’s your schtick.
And who is your favourite team ?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I am a Habs fan......Bergevin is a donkey that should have been fired 3-4 years ago. The habs have accomplished absolutely nothing with this clown running the show. His claim to fame, is lower expectations and move the goalposts every year

You guessed wrong....
Well said!

Reactions: BLONG7

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Chariot was no good but Beaulieu is a keeper That is way to funny
Chiarot played top pairing on the habs and he was paid 3.5 mil. Everyone even chiarot laughed when he signed for that amount when he is truly a sub million dollar player. Trading and signing for edmundson is another gem at 3.5 and should be one of the best players on your team.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Chiarot played top pairing on the habs and he was paid 3.5 mil. Everyone even chiarot laughed when he signed for that amount when he is truly a sub million dollar player. Trading and signing for edmundson is another gem at 3.5 and should be one of the best players on your team.
I’m hoping your right there . A big strong physical defenseman that loves to hit . He fits the mold of Calgary’s team to . Imagine adding him to their team . Your boys wouldn’t even wanna board the plane to go there .

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
I wouldn’t say chariot and Armia are our best players but we’re very happy with them .they play with some guts.You know the exact thing the jets were lacking against the flames
Top pairing dman and armia was playing top 3 minutes for all forwards, and that includes your 4th liner domi and top center danault. Face it... chiarot, armia, kovalchuk, tatar, drouin, domi, Petry, edmondon....all players that weren't good enough to play on other teams..but stars in Montreal. That's like a bum eatting out of the garbage can and saying that is good. They just dont know what good is.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Top pairing dman and armia was playing top 3 minutes for all forwards, and that includes your 4th liner domi and top center danault. Face it... chiarot, armia, kovalchuk, tatar, drouin, domi, Petry, edmondon....all players that weren't good enough to play on other teams..but stars in Montreal. That's like a bum eatting out of the garbage can and saying that is good. They just dont know what good is.
We can only base things off recent results . We beat a Pittsburgh team we were t susposed to and took Philadelphia to six games . Kids played very well . Most would classify those results as GOOD. Now in the case of the jets once scheiffle got injured the rest of your superstar players literally gave up . No fight in the dog as they say . Very meek . NOT GOOD. More like embarrassing.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
We can only base things off recent results . We beat a Pittsburgh team we were t susposed to and took Philadelphia to six games . Kids played very well . Most would classify those results as GOOD. Now in the case of the jets once scheiffle got injured the rest of your superstar players literally gave up . No fight in the dog as they say . Very meek . NOT GOOD. More like embarrassing.
Do you really think veterans like Crosby, letang, and Malkin planned on being away from there families for 2 months straight, when the tournament invited the bottom of the barrel team, that where out of the playoffs at Christmas, (montreal). The whole thing was a joke and every team has already said they would never do it again. Only team that took it seriously was Tampa who walked through like a hot knife through butter. They know they cant keep the team they want so this was their year. You really think montreal's team of AHLers played well? That is funny. That was not playoffs. That was a tournament that the NHL made the teams commit to to get their tv money....and the said what a joke, screw this when they invite the Pejorative Slured kid to that didnt belong there to play.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Do you really think veterans like Crosby, letang, and Malkin planned on being away from there families for 2 months straight, when the tournament invited the bottom of the barrel team, that where out of the playoffs at Christmas, (montreal). The whole thing was a joke and every team has already said they would never do it again. Only team that took it seriously was Tampa who walked through like a hot knife through butter. They know they cant keep the team they want so this was their year. You really think montreal's team of AHLers played well? That is funny. That was not playoffs. That was a tournament that the NHL made the teams commit to to get their tv money....and the said what a joke, screw this when they invite the Pejorative Slured kid to that didnt belong there to play.

lol a competitor like Crosby? yes

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

The eastern conference version of Jim Benning is willing to move 1st rounder. Which is the 16th pick. Similar to Dubas who is willing to move the 15th pick, probably another team testing the waters, by doing this, Bergevin will probably know what Dubas is getting offered for the 1st rounder.

I haven't heard this at all.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Ok Well I hope you get the returns your looking for . I wish the jets the best of luck . Any Canadian team really . Stay safe

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
LOL

You must be a bergevin fanboy..........how is the results of that going!! lol

The guy has been in over his head for 8 years. Going into his 9th!!
I am actually . In the last nine years 6 teams have won the cup . 25 teams have not . Does that mean 25 gms are in over Their heads ? Two of those teams were fortunate to get talents like Crosby malkin Kane and toews when they were scraping the bottom. With the exception of one poor signing and one questionable trade he has done quite well in how he obtained Danault , Tatar, Suzuki , Armia, Byron , Petry , Weber , chariot , kulak , edmunson. Etc . Montreal with their high taxes and language barrier isn’t a number one destination for free agents so bergevin’s playing field is a little tilted to begin with .
Through all this he has assembled one of the top prospect pools in the league , a ton of picks in the next two rounds and a competent management of the salary cap that VERY VERY FEW gms seem to grasp .

Reactions: Deam78

Jul 6, 2016
I am actually . In the last nine years 6 teams have won the cup . 25 teams have not . Does that mean 25 gms are in over Their heads ? Two of those teams were fortunate to get talents like Crosby malkin Kane and toews when they were scraping the bottom. With the exception of one poor signing and one questionable trade he has done quite well in how he obtained Danault , Tatar, Suzuki , Armia, Byron , Petry , Weber , chariot , kulak , edmunson. Etc . Montreal with their high taxes and language barrier isn’t a number one destination for free agents so bergevin’s playing field is a little tilted to begin with .
Through all this he has assembled one of the top prospect pools in the league , a ton of picks in the next two rounds and a competent management of the salary cap that VERY VERY FEW gms seem to grasp .

Language is NOT an issue. Ask any player who are or were with the team. Taxes, snow, and mainly medias are the main problems.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Most of Bergevin's best moves are deadline buy/sell (Petry/Vanek for buy, lot of little sells) and when just trades away roster players for prospects/picks.

Whenever he tries to trade picks/prospects for established players it is a disaster:

1) Shaw for two high 2nd rounders (one of them already turned to Debrincat)
2) Drouin for Sergachev (desperation move to get a C, set franchise back years defensively)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Most of Bergevin's best moves are deadline buy/sell (Petry/Vanek for buy, lot of little sells) and when just trades away roster players for prospects/picks.

Whenever he tries to trade picks/prospects for established players it is a disaster:

1) Shaw for two high 2nd rounders (one of them already turned to Debrincat)
2) Drouin for Sergachev (desperation move to get a C, set franchise back years defensively)
That was the one trade I mentioned. I’m interested to see how well sergachev does if he moves to a new city . Regardless I’m not saying bergevin has been perfect but he is far from being in over his head .I do believe he’s capable of landing a couple goal scorers to make us competitive today without taking to much away from what looks like a bright future . Landing someone in the age range from Laine -Meier-Boeser-mantha could do both . Help today and tomorrow

Last edited:

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
henever he tries to trade picks/prospects for established players it is a disaster:
Weber for Subban? Weber has been a great 1st D while Subban was on the ice for more PP goals against than he had points for most of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->