Confirmed with Link: Bergevin to Speak with media today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would he? He had moved on once the deal with Dallas was signed. I’m confused at what you’re getting at.

Just asking. If someone said something that was incorrect about me, I’d question it! ;)

Why did Radulov do that salute wave in his last home game? Doesn’t sound like a player who wanted to be back to me

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Just asking. If someone said something that was incorrect about me, I’d question it! ;)

Why did Radulov do that salute wave in his last home game? Doesn’t sound like a player who wanted to be back to me
Because you are making things up. Its like you are in a contest to see who is more pro management, Belial or yourself. You are winning with this stuff you imagine as some sort of fact and then tell other to as you say all the time "wake up!!!@!!!!!!"

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Markov was getting old af.

Agree on Radulov , he should of been signed in a heart beat.

Agree on Price, he should of received a simple contract extension of 3-5 years and let him refuse it. Then trade him for a 2 1st picks and a bag of pucks.
Maybe I like Markov more than most. I think he'd still help us today.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Not really. I’m taking about what was being reported and video of Radulov after his last game. I’m not the one making it up
Another side step, you never answer questions. You are making it up that the "salute" was him flipping off the hab fans because he knew it was his last game. But you play coy like you don't understand our posts. You are infuriating to even debate with because you pretend like you do nothing wrong.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
what salute?
Another side step, you never answer questions. You are making it up that the "salute" was him flipping off the hab fans because he knew it was his last game. But you play coy like you don't understand our posts. You are infuriating to even debate with because you pretend like you do nothing wrong.

You just don’t like it when anybody says anything that points to the player instead of our GM.

Your finger pointing game works two ways and I did answer your question

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Radu didn't agree to the 6.5m$ the first time, why would he accept it on the second try. Radu tried to hose the HABS and Bergevin wanted nothing with that, and apparently, no other team either since he didn't get a penny more than what Bergevin offered.

Let's at least get the number right. Radulov signed for $6.25M.

Bergevin did too much of his negotiating on TV. Final offer this, off the table that, first come first served, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

He was dictatorial and antagonistic. That's not how you get free agents to sign a contract. Those of you who support these tactics, or think they're inconsequential are mistaken. If you were a highly competent professional and several companies were trying to woo you into joining them, would you sign with a guy who talked like that when there were other options?

Hose the Habs... Seriously now I've heard everything. A free agent getting what the market will bear. That's so unusual... Bergevin screwed up and the team is worse for it. And not only is the team worse, he has an extra $9M because he was completely unprepared to be turned down. Buck up and accept the facts, Bergevin's Folly is a thing.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Acknowledging the fans? Why are you insinuating intrigue for a simple, explicable gesture?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Radulov walked away for a better deal in Dallas. If our offer was so great, why did Dallas offer more in terms of money after taxes and a better situation as far as line mates and a competive team? We didn’t offer no great deal. We matched Dallas’s offer after a month of low balling and a team came along and offered something better.

Well the only thing better about the deal in Dallas is the fact that they have less taxes, which a rich person should be able to find ways around. Term and $$$ were the same.

You seem to act like MB offered him 20 Mill and Dallas 32 Mill. They both offered 32 Million American dollars. Its not MB's fault the Quebec and Canadian government like to stick their hand in the pot more than Texas/USA. If Radu really wanted to be a hab he could of singed that deal, been very very rich, and been a hab's legend.

Lets say MB offered 6.5-7 and so did Dallas, do you think Radu signs here or Dallas?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Acknowledging the fans? Why are you insinuating intrigue for a simple, explicable gesture?

I've never heard or read anything about some gesture that Radulov may have made on his last game as a Hab. Where is that even coming from? Where is Zapruder when you need him? Did a grassy knoll play a part?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't have an agenda other than saying that letting Markov and Radulov walk while signing Price to a ridiculous contract were huge mistakes this summer.

Bergevin let Radulov go. No two ways about it.

Just curious.

You would have gone with 7x5 Radu + 6x2 Markov and then nothing Price?

I wonder what would be the point of signing both those guys and especially Radu, and letting Price go because to me it looks like you want the team to tank? So if we tank why have Radu? And Markov? I mean do you think last years team could of won a cup with Montoya or Lindgren in nets and it was Price that was holding the team back? Because in 2 years with no Price but a 33 year old Radu and 40 year old Markov I don't know how many games the habs would win, but I don't think they would lose enough either.

For me though I don't like the Price contract. Would of given Markov 1 year. Radu 6.25x5 to me was fair.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Well the only thing better about the deal in Dallas is the fact that they have less taxes, which a rich person should be able to find ways around. Term and $$$ were the same.

You seem to act like MB offered him 20 Mill and Dallas 32 Mill. They both offered 32 Million American dollars. Its not MB's fault the Quebec and Canadian government like to stick their hand in the pot more than Texas/USA. If Radu really wanted to be a hab he could of singed that deal, been very very rich, and been a hab's legend.

Lets say MB offered 6.5-7 and so did Dallas, do you think Radu signs here or Dallas?

I never said that at all. But reality is, beggars can’t be choosers. We couldn’t afford to lose an offensive player like Radulov over a million considering how offensively strapped we are. And do i think he would’ve taken the offer, I do. But I’m not Radulov, so I can’t so for sure obviously. We would’ve had to pay more then Dallas, but that’s unfortunately the only option we had. If we didn’t have the cap space, that would’ve changed my opinion on it but since we wasted just about $5 million on Alzner, still let Markov walk, I don’t find this acceptable.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I've never heard or read anything about some gesture that Radulov may have made on his last game as a Hab. Where is that even coming from? Where is Zapruder when you need him? Did a grassy knoll play a part?

I have no idea. I'm accepting that Radulov waved at the crowd at the last home game. Better get CSIS involved. Acknowledging the crowd at the end of a contract is dubious and terribly suspicious apparently.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have no idea. I'm accepting that Radulov waved at the crowd at the last home game. Better get CSIS involved. Acknowledging the crowd at the end of a contract is dubious and terribly suspicious apparently.

A lot of players show fans gratitude on the last game of the season. One would have to connect a lot of dots that don't exist so as to attempt to create a link between the outcome of a contract extension that didn't happen and a gesture allegedly having taken place that day that jives with the type of behavior that is perfectly normal on the last day of a season.

"Hey look, Radulov saluted me!! He's not signing an extension with us, I'm calling it!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad