Confirmed with Link: Bergevin to Speak with media today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/...arc-bergevin-s-adressera-aux-medias-1.5833272

???? About?

QUICK TRANSCRIPT - will edit through the day. If anyone finds errors, tell me and I'll edit.

Explanation for start of the year: Début "shaky", on manque de confiance. La réponse est dans chambre. On est toute la ensemble, les joueurs "squeeze" le baton, on va sen sortir avec dla confiance.
(Translation: Shaky start, we're lacking in confidence. The answer is in the room. We're all together here, but the players are squeezing their sticks. We're going to get out of it if we get confidence)

On trades: Jvais toujours aider l'équipe, y a personne qui va me donner un joueur pour m'arder. La réponse est dans chambre.
(Translation: I'll always help the team, no ones going to just give me a player to help me. The answer is in the room).

On the rest of the season: Moi je regarde pas dans 6 mois, je regarde actuellement. Dans le "big picture", le plus important c'est le match de demain. Faut y aller un match à la fois. Je veux pas regarder qu'est-ce que jdois faire dans 6 mois.
(Translation: I'm not looking 6 months ahead, I'm looking at the here and now. If you look at the big picture, the most important is next game, we gotta go one game at a time. I don't want to look 6 months ahead)"

Would you do anything differently this summer: Non, pas du tout.
(Translation: No, nothing at all).

On the teams play: Ya 5 joueurs sur la glace. Défensivement, on a des lacunes. On est une équipe qui sur les talons, pas sur les orteils. Les défenseurs ont de la difficulté mais, dans l'ensemble, quand on joue avec confiance, on est une bonne équipe qui joue bien défensivement. Faut jouer du bon hockey solide defensivement... et responsable.
(Translation: There are 5 players on the ice. Defensively, we have gaps. We're a team playing on its heels, not its toes. The defensemen are having difficulties, but in general, when we play with confidence, we're a good team that plays well defensively. We have to play good hockey defensively... and responsibly).

On Mete: Honnetement, tant quil va performer comme ca, il va rester a Montreal.
(Translation: Honestly, as long as he plays like that, he's staying in Montreal).

On Pacioretty being captain and a goalscorer: Je comprend ta question, mais ya plein d'autre joueurs qui sont scorers et qui sont captaines, comme Crosby. Il se met trop de pression , mais il est streaky, l'an dernier en début d'année c'était la même affaire. Son "track record" a date c'est ca. Des fois, on oublie les petits détails qui font que tu marques des buts, ça revient encore de la confiance.
(Translation: I understand your question, but there are other players who are captain and scorers, like Crosby. He puts too much pressure on himself, but he's streaky. Last year, it was the same thing. THat's his track record. Sometimes, we forget the little details that makes you score goals. But again, that's a confidence thing).

On Galchenyuk: You see the talent, you see what he can do. Im watching alex, what happened last night.. sometimes I see a youngster looking for answers. He's aware of his problems. He needs to find the little things that made him score. Sometimes you think you work hard, but youre not really.

On trades: You go into a tough stretch, people want to pick your pocket. The return won't help you. I'm not going to make a move just to make a move... if it's not going to make a difference, I'm not going to panic. The answer is in that room. The coaches are working hard. We watch tapes, we see the breakdowns. Sometimes it's a little play and it affects your confidence when it gets in. We play with no confidence, its so obvious. Last night, perfect example. They could have scored 10 seconds in, but panthers score in the second and we go down. Then we score and things go in. That's what tells me its confidence.

On the teams quality: I believe this team is good enough. There are elite teams in the league, and theres a cluster of team fighting for the POs, I believe we're in that cluster.

On this years improvements: I think sometimes things go your way and sometimes not. We had a great start last year, but we werent a 12-1 team. Price tstole the show a few games, so we were probably a 9-3 team or someting. Same thing this year, we're not as good as last year, but not as bad as we are right now.

Don't know what about: Eugh, écoutes, c'est facile a direde l'extérieur, je comprend pourquoi tu penses ca, mais c'est pas si facile que ca, c'est des humains, tu prend confiance et au lieu d'agir tu penses et c'est la seconde de trop. On est pas satisfait, on en est conscient, le processus est difficile en ce moment.
(Translation: Euh, listen, it's easy to say from the outside, but I understanding why you think that, but it's not that easy, players are humans, you get confidence or lose it, and instead of acting you think and that's the second too much. We're not satisfied, we're conscious of it, but the process is difficult at the moment).

On Glachenyuk's rehad rumours: Ce que je peux vous dire c'est que la NHL a un numéro "confidential" pour avoir de laide. On a pas didée qui, cest strictement confidentiel.Y pourrait avoir 10 joueurs qui demande de l'aide. Jai pas de commentaire. Si y avait quelquechose, on me dirait pas.
(Translation: what I can tell you is that there's a confidential number players can call for help. We don't know who, it's strickly confidential. There could be 10 players asking for help. I have no comments. If there was something, they wouldn't tell me).

Again on Galchenyuk - are they lacking ressources for him: À court de ressource, écoutes.. Claude essaie beaucoupp de choses. "We wont give up on the kid", écoutes... ya une saison de 30 buts, jusqu'a sa blessure y était meme ppg, le gars a pas 30 ans, juste 23 ans. Mais oui, des fois c'est frustrant, jtle cacherais pas.
(Translation: Lacking ressources ?? Listen... Claude's trying lots of things. We won't give up on the kid, liste... he has a 30 goal season, until his injury, he was even at ppg, the guy's not 30, he's 23. But yes, sometimes it's frustrating, I won't lie).

On Tremblay report: like I said, every year, even in my days, you had a number that was confidential. That's why we don't comment, it"s "shhhh", if one player needs help, or 10, we don't know.

On cap space: if something comes up, if at some point someone has an asset to give or wants to dump an asset, then you can get an asset with that as well. Once in a while there'll be a trade in november, december, but it doesn't really happen. Its only frustrating if you know you can't spend it or if you can't get the asset. It's not the case here.

On Streit and Hemsky: C'est deux là seulement ? En a tu d'autres a part c'est deux la ? (clearly irritated here) jveux pas etre sarcastique... Ok ma texpliquer...on va aller dans les deux noms que t'as mentionner, m'a t'expliquer. Est-ce que je savais que Mete allait performer ? Non. Streit était une police d'assurance, mais la maniere que Mete a performer ca été une decision facile. Je l'aurais refait.
Pour Hemsky, oui il a eu dla difficulté, on est pas satisfait, mais les "expectations" étaient pas icitte (pointe très haut) on voulait un gars qui aidait le jeux de puissance, encore la la saison est jeune. pi pas juste lui qui marche pas sur le jeux de puissance. Morrow, on s'est dit peut être un 6eme ou 7eme , mais encore ca fait pas mal a lorganisation. Donc jaurais refait la même chose.
(Translation: Only those two ? Did you have any others aside from those two ? (clearly irritated at the question), I don't want to be sarcastic... ok I'll explain, we're going to go into those two names you mentioned, I'll explain. Did I know Mete would perform ? No. Streit was an insurance policy, but hte way Mete played was an easy decision. I would have redone (the signing). About Hemsky, yes, he's had difficulties, we're not satisfied, but the expectations we're here (pointing high), we wanted a guy who could help the PP, but the season is still young. And, it's not only him struggling on the PP. Morrow, we thought he could be a 6th or 7th, but again it didn't hurt the organization. So, I would've done the same again (the signings)).

On being criticzied: Ça vient avec le siege, puis jpeux pas porter attention aux critiques, jpeux pas me lever en pensant a ca, mon focus est sur léquipe.
(Translation: It comes with the seat, I can't put my attention on the critics, or wake up thinking about that. My focus is on the team)"

On Scherbak and McCaron making an impact before 2018: Euh bein écoutes, premierement c'est encore des jeunes joueurs, Scherbak c'est plus positif que négatif, c'est un joueur différent comparé au camp, ou il a eu des difficultés. Je le sait pas ou il va etre dans 2 ans. McCarron... Hudon ca pris 3 ans, on est patient. Je sais ce quil est aujourd'hui, ce qu'il peut etre, quand tu pognes des gars dans la 20e, ct'un dice roll, tu peux pas avoir.. tse sheehan detroit, c'tune équipe que j'ai du respect pour leur draft, l'on pratiquement donné.
(impatient) garde, garde, on va se dire les vrais choses, quand tu draft pas en haut en haut, tu vas pas pogner une star. mais jcomprend très bien la question.
(Translation:Euh, well listen, first of all they're still young. Scherbak is more positive than negative, he's a different player compared to camp, where he had difficulties. I don't know where he'll be in two years, maybe on the first line ? Who knows. McCarron... it took Hudon 3 years to make it, we're patient. I know what he is today, what he can be, but when you draft a player in the 20s, it's a dice roll, you can't have... look at Sheehan in Detroit, a team I respect for their draft, they practically gave him away.

[Question]
(impatient) Look, look, look, let's be honest here, when you don't draft high, high, you're not getting a star. But I understand your question.)

Are your hockey people questioning themselves about Galchenyuk?: Oui, martin ta raison a 100%, c'est la 1ere chose quon fait. Y a des personnes que quand les choses vont pas bien, tu pointes du doigt. Nous, on se regarde dans le mirroir, JJD se demande, qu'est-ce qu'on peut faire pour les aider plus. Peut etre qu'on lui montre trop de vidéos, ou trop dinfos, faique on step back... peut etre quon step trop back puis là on recommence. Éventuellement ca va peut être débloquer, parce que ca déjà marcher avant (dans son cas). On l'aidait pendant son traitement avec des videos, sur le facoeffs, on y montrait des détails. C'est vrai que ca fait 6 ans, mais yé encore jeune. On est frustré. Souvent lui aussi yé frustré. Ce sont des périodes difficiles.
(Translation: Yes, Martin (Lemay) you're 100% right, it's the first thing we do. There are some people, when things go bad, they point the finger. We look in the mirror, JJD asks himself, what can we do to help them ? Maybe we show him too much video, or give him too much info, so we step back. Maybe we step back too much, so we show him more. Eventually, it's going to maybe go in forhim, because it has in the past. We helped him when he was recovering with videos, on faceoffs, little tips he could use. It's he's been here 6 years, but he's still young, he's not 28. We're frsutrated though I'll be honest. But so is he. These are hard times).

Yes I adressed the team. Before we got on the plane after the west coast trip.

Merci beaucoup, thank you very much.

Looked f***ing nervous. Hyperventilated, hypervigilant. sweating, agitated. Guy knows he's done. That said, didnt sound as dumb as he usually does.

Last edited by a moderator:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Here's the real question, if the team lost last night would he be doing this? Also considering the poor start if the media plays soft ball with him I'll be very dissapointed. For a media base that can be critical on talk radio and online, for the most part they have never challenged Bergevin with hard questions or follow up questions.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
He probably bought a new purple outfit and wants the ladies to see it. We will find out as soon as he’s done hitting the gym.

Reactions: ChikN

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Probably tell everyone that trades are hard to make, there have never been centers available the last 6 years and the team only hands out 10 year contracts.

Reactions: JLP and CrAzYNiNe

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I hope he just addresses the Chucky story that came out so it puts an end to speculation and media's potentially asking Chucky about it. It would be the right thing to do to protect your player from more distractions.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Doubt it's a trade announcement of any kind, we would have heard about it.

There are press releases for these things. They would've been announced before Bergevin made a PC. So it's definitely not going to be any of his 3 predictions.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It's most likely going to be about Streit, Mete, the awful start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad