Bergevin takes Autumn by Storm (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The standings are extremely close. 1 win vaults us over like 6 or 7 teams.

It's a decent start given the Habs have some of the best advanced metrics in the league and how some guys are looking like they will make an impact. We had a scary schedule to start the yeat. Also, the strength of the prospect pool. It's promising at the very least.

One of the perks of playing for Julien, good advanced metrics. He plays a strong possession game.
The team sucks though.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
as Always Bergevin inability to finnish the job will kill us.. incredible how people still trust this guy.. a guy who has lied in the face of the fans time and time again.. and people find excuses for him now as facts..

when we have all the money needed.. no one has any kind of solution to bring in elite talent. there is work arounds.. they just dont have the right minds out there... its really sad how low expectations this franchise has.. its a shame. we just use the logo has some sort of nostalgia factor.. and remind us we have won 24 cups in the past. those days are long gone and franchise has clearly no intention to even try to make us believe we could get one anytime soon.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In my book, the team sucking is more a product of Bergevin than Julien's coaching.
It's not like this team on paper should be anywhere close of making the PO….
I agree. I think Julien's done a good job. I disagree with how he uses some players, but that will happen with every coach. In the end, his teams usually perform better than expected.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
as Always Bergevin inability to finnish the job will kill us.. incredible how people still trust this guy.. a guy who has lied in the face of the fans time and time again.. and people find excuses for him now as facts..

when we have all the money needed.. no one has any kind of solution to bring in elite talent. there is work arounds.. they just dont have the right minds out there... its really sad how low expectations this franchise has.. its a shame. we just use the logo has some sort of nostalgia factor.. and remind us we have won 24 cups in the past. those days are long gone and franchise has clearly no intention to even try to make us believe we could get one anytime soon.
didn't you get the memo,in magoo's :wally:world the window is infinite :GWC:

Montreal Impact FC

Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
guys.. if we do good its all purposely done, we had a great rebuild we got amazing prospects coming.. we are going in the right direction,

if we are doing bad.. its all done purposely its part of the process, we are building a young team...

if we are really real bad. . its because we didnt have enough caracter and we arent a team that is ready for the lime light we need a reset...

there is NOT a single moment or situation were the habs specifically Bergevin has done something wrong.. yet he is the guys that claims himself all the time.. that.. its on him. we need resets we need a better coach, we need a ahl coach.. as if he wasnt the one that put that people in place already..

go figure.

we are creating what kind of fans? super losers? super lame fans?

how to take the fans and its own elite players for fools..

one last thing.. MB doesnt like players taken too much space like PK.. this exuberant prick.. PK.. how dare you try to steal MB's crown of exuberance.. how dare you! MB is the only one that can be like that.. Carey Price how dare you mention you want to win now??
.. MB knows better than you.. he knows more than you about, how long you will play and when you SHOULD win a cup... right?

lol

yesterday has been maybe the 5th game I didnt watch from the habs this season this is from a guy that was so passionate about the team, that would miss family events to watch a game... because I knew we really were trying to do our best and management wasnt hiding behind excuses all the time. literally the Habs was in a way part of the family.

nothing is ever the organisations fault now, blame the fans, the players, the league, the system, the weather, the caracter, anything but the habs or Bergevin or Molson.. the WORST part is they are arogant about it they lecture the consumers.

Geoff has no idea.. he is playing with fire. he really think of 100% fans are dumb and they will pay no matter what.. what a total lack of respect for us the people who give them our money.

Les Glorieux are now Les Odieux.

thanks to MB and Molson. (Molson allowed that to happen and he went to my book from a awesome owner to terrible one, its not all on MB you fool lol its really all on you Geoff and it always was when you decided to stick with him to prove your extension was good)

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Weber

Speed : nope
Youth : nope
Character : still waiting for it to show

the tone people use to crap on Weber is still tainted with salt from the trade and a man-crush for the pernel-karl. I love that you guys can't get over it, its a delicacy.

Reactions: sharks9

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
the tone people use to crap on Weber is still tainted with salt from the trade and a man-crush for the pernel-karl. I love that you guys can't get over it, its a delicacy.
It will never end. Just like Houle still gets crapped on for the Roy trade.
Not comparing both players but PK was extremely popular in Mtl and he was by far our most skilled and entertaining player. There was no real need to move him, especially not for an older, boring, and conservative guy. If Weber was that wrecking Dman from his prime days, then people might have moved on but instead we got what many expected, an older broken down version, but the GM kept selling it as if it was a Golden opportunity ''when someone offers your Weber, you don't ask for anything more''. They were bringing up Toews saying Weber is the player he hates playing against the most...Babcock with his Man Mountain comment and his ''just a stare from him will get guys to play better'' classic...How all the GMs would choose Weber over PK...his leadership was borderline mythical.

I said this the moment it went down, I feel bad for Weber the most, he will never live up to the hype.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Ah yes quite the delicacy being stuck with a number 1 dman that can barely make a play in the offensive zone and is a total pylon in his own zone. The only thing better than the pk Subban fans tears are the tears of Montreal Canadiens fans stuck with a mediocre club for the next decade yummy am I right?

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
We beat St Louis twice, yall tripping. We lose vs the Sharks, yall panicking.

Who has a Habs fans expect a win over the Sharks ? Come on, its been 2 decade of struggle against them. Wake up.

We had a bad late game vs Wilds, but overall we are doing okay.

We need better D corps and less grinding but thats about it.

Montreal Impact FC

Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

PK had to be traded.. okay lets do it... things were bad at that point.. but exchange him one for one.. for an older player we should have aimed higher and get youngers players.. MB just screw himself up.

an older player with longer contract and pretty much a similar aav. okayy i'll buy the idea.. IF WE ARE AIMING AT THE CUP!

did we?

HELLL NO! LOL

its not just about PK. the nove was just stupid if you dont have a clear plan for the cup.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Ah yes quite the delicacy being stuck with a number 1 dman that can barely make a play in the offensive zone and is a total pylon in his own zone. The only thing better than the pk Subban fans tears are the tears of Montreal Canadiens fans stuck with a mediocre club for the next decade yummy am I right?

At least im having fun reading all those comments. Its true, subban has been turning heads with his play lately... Everything revolves around that trade I forgot.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
At least im having fun reading all those comments. Its true, subban has been turning heads with his play lately... Everything revolves around that trade I forgot.
seems like your the one bringing up that trade? weber playing bad has nothing to do with subban

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
seems like your the one bringing up that trade? weber playing bad has nothing to do with subban

Has a rough couple of games but I think there are signs of him getting confidence. Im not in panic mode he'll come around he's not washed up yet.

As far as bringing subban to the discussion, its all in good fun but its a guilty pleasure of mine to have a kick at the nest once in a while im always amazed by the quick response everytime he's mentionned. The first cut is the deepest, cat stevens used to say.

Last edited:

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
Has a rough couple of games but I think there are signs of him getting confidence. Im not in panic mode he'll cone around he's not washed up yet.
hoping so. hasn't been playing great lately but not too concerned yet.

As far as bringing subban to the discussion, its all in good fun but its a guilty pleasure of mine to have a kick at the nest once in a while im always amazed by the quick response everytime he's mentionned. The first cut is the deepest, cat stevens used to say.
:laugh: fair enough

Reactions: THE HOFF

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Who has a Habs fans expect a win over the Sharks ? Come on, its been 2 decade of struggle against them. Wake up.

Well...as long as we “doing okay” then...?

Speaking of last two decades, we've been mediocre for 25 years. We need more than just “better D corps and less grinding”.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

The Habs have the 11th best point-percentage in the Eastern conference.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

But that's about it? So...how do you suggest we fix it? You know..in a world where trades are tough, draft is tough, life is tough? And by the way, that's based on your assertion that this is all we need...which is obviously far from the truth...this team lacks talent up front too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad