TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Lool M.B wouldve trade any other foward before trading JD for a LHD. He will look so dumb if he ever trade him fir a LHD after getting him by moving a LHD.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Montreal's not trading Drouin or anyone like that, Bergevin's looking to offload one or more of our depth forwards like Scherbak, DLR, Plekanec, etc. before we risk losing one to waivers for free

Reactions: greasysnapper

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Montreal's not trading Drouin or anyone like that, Bergevin's looking to offload one or more of our depth forwards like Scherbak, DLR, Plekanec, etc. before we risk losing one to waivers for free

Ya, I think Scherby gets dealt here. There's no space for him, and he's worth a little bit more than a waiver claim. Armia playing great hockey really screwed the young Russian.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
Really not bad. At least it caught my eyes as i like Nylander alot and he would fit the Habs better than Drouin. Though, getting Gardiner does not solve our LHD issue, at least long term. My target would be Dermott. Don't know if something is workable though.

Gardiner's contract situation is an issue, but Gardiner is probably as good as Petry, and Nylander is a lot better than Drouin. No way you're getting Dermott out of this. It's just not a fit.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
lmfao no. Take out the second and I still don't even consider it.

Good because Habs have no interest in Nylander. We want players that work hard and are engaged in the game, not prima donna who’s doesn’t show come playoff time then ask for 8m++ a year when he never cracked more than 61 points.

However, I’m interested in Dermott if the price is right

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Good because Habs have no interest in Nylander. We want players that work hard and are engaged in the game, not prima donna who’s doesn’t show come playoff time then ask for 8m++ a year when he never cracked more than 61 points.

Plek is the only habs player to get more than 61 pts in a season and those days are long behind him.

Montreal’s weakness (probably their biggest) is that they lack high end talent. With Weber being injured, Nylander would be the best player on the habs roster.

The problem isn’t the player, it’s the price to get the player.

I’d be okay for a Petry nylander swap (if the rest of the trade didn’t sink habs in value, if nylander would extend, and if a stop gap was brought in to prevent Juulsen from having to play top line minutes before he’s ready). Montreal needs a nylander

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018

lmfao

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Plek is the only habs player to get more than 61 pts in a season and those days are long behind him.

Montreal’s weakness (probably their biggest) is that they lack high end talent. With Weber being injured, Nylander would be the best player on the habs roster.

The problem isn’t the player, it’s the price to get the player.

I’d be okay for a Petry nylander swap (if the rest of the trade didn’t sink habs in value, if nylander would extend, and if a stop gap was brought in to prevent Juulsen from having to play top line minutes before he’s ready). Montreal needs a nylander

Montreal doesn’t need Nylander unless Nylander develops into a top 4 LHD. Montreal has too many wingers as we speak and are trying to trade one.

From a cap perspective, throwing 8M at a RW while your G makes 10.5 and your #1D makes 7.8 is a nightmare. Montreal model needs to concentrate on giving that money on competent 1&2 C, which we’re currently developing

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Montreal doesn’t need Nylander unless Nylander develops into a top 4 LHD. Montreal has too many wingers as we speak and are trying to trade one.

From a cap perspective, throwing 8M at a RW while your G makes 10.5 and your #1D makes 7.8 is a nightmare. Montreal model needs to concentrate on giving that money on competent 1&2 C, which we’re currently developing

Even with a top LD, Montreal would still lack high end point producers. Getting that LD won’t be impossible, it would be harder to get the high end talent that they lack. No reason Montreal can’t get a high end forward and a d, having too many wingers isn’t a bad problem to have.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

:eyeroll: Im sure you are seeing the irony of writing this in a Drouin thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad