TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Even with a top LD, Montreal would still lack high end point producers. Getting that LD won’t be impossible, it would be harder to get the high end talent that they lack. No reason Montreal can’t get a high end forward and a d, having too many wingers isn’t a bad problem to have.

That’s the beauty of the thing with Kotkaniemi & Suzuki coming. We might add another good one in June too

:eyeroll: Im sure you are seeing the irony of writing this in a Drouin thread

I do hence why getting another one on an organization strength while throwing 8M a year long term at him is dog shit strategy

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Well I for one would say he’s worth about what Kadri would be. Experienced 25-30 goal scorer, leader, pain in the butt to play against.
But I don’t think Bergevin should trade him at all. This thread is mainly about Scherbak and/or any other warm bodies we have sitting around imho.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well I for one would say he’s worth about what Kadri would be. Experienced 25-30 goal scorer, leader, pain in the butt to play against.
But I don’t think Bergevin should trade him at all. This thread is mainly about Scherbak and/or any other warm bodies we have sitting around imho.
I was just thinking he'd have to be pretty close to Kadri considering their cap hits and age difference.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I'd take Nylander over Xavier LaFlamme by quite a bit personally. And I think the values of Gardiner and Petry are close to a wash. No thanks.

Yeah, HUGE pass on Drouin. No interest in watching him try to stick handle through an entire team night in and and night out.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
This is a bit hyperbolic, but Bergevin being open to trading a forward is like someone holding a garage sale saying they're open to parting with their crap.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Good because Habs have no interest in Nylander. We want players that work hard and are engaged in the game, not prima donna who’s doesn’t show come playoff time then ask for 8m++ a year when he never cracked more than 61 points.

However, I’m interested in Dermott if the price is right

Nylander's 22 years old and his playoff points-per-game is not only better than Gallagher's, it's as good as any Leafs forward over the last 2 years except Marner and Marleau, including Matthews.

giphy.gif

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Good because Habs have no interest in Nylander. We want players that work hard and are engaged in the game, not prima donna who’s doesn’t show come playoff time then ask for 8m++ a year when he never cracked more than 61 points.

However, I’m interested in Dermott if the price is right

Leafs wouldn't have any interest in dealing Dermott, as the blue line is clearly the team's weak spot right now.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

I’d say the difference comes from need and circumstance

Kadri is Toronto’s 3c
Gallagher is Montreal’s top offensive weapon and a leader they rally around.

If Toronto gets an equal player that fills a need, it’s a win.
If Montreal gets an equal player that fills a need, it’s a loss. I’d go as far as saying that unless it’s a a 1c or 1ld that comes back, the hit Montreal would take from the media and it’s fanbase would be devestating and I don’t think MB would keep his job from it.

Montreal’s asking price is likely far far greater for Gallagher than Toronto’s would be for Kadri. Kadri is far more likely to be traded (though I don’t see it happening any time soon)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Nylander's 22 years old and his playoff points-per-game is not only better than Gallagher's, it's as good as any Leafs forward over the last 2 years except Marner and Marleau, including Matthews.

giphy.gif

Cool. Sign him up long term for 7.5M per then. Glad you like him. I don’t and don’t need/want him on my team

Leafs wouldn't have any interest in dealing Dermott, as the blue line is clearly the team's weak spot right now.

Fair enough.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Cool. Sign him up long term for 7.5M per then. Glad you like him. I don’t and don’t need/want him on my team

I would gladly if my team's leading scorer was an RW who had 53 points last year and is set to be a UFA at the end of the season.

Whether you want him or not isn't really my concern here. I'm just suggesting that all the objective info suggests Nylander's worth more than Kreider.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Listening to the insider trading segment I got the impression he was talking more about trading a forward off the bottom half of his roster, not someone like Drouin.

If the Oilers could offload Kassian somewhere else, I could see us having interest in one of Montreals cheap 4th line forwards.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
This is a bit hyperbolic, but Bergevin being open to trading a forward is like someone holding a garage sale saying they're open to parting with their crap.
If they were crap then they have no worries about any of their players passing through waivers...

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Listening to the insider trading segment I got the impression he was talking more about trading a forward off the bottom half of his roster, not someone like Drouin.

If the Oilers could offload Kassian somewhere else, I could see us having interest in one of Montreals cheap 4th line forwards.
The point of trading a forward is to free up a roster spot. No point getting another one back. It will be for a pick a prospect, a defenseman or 2for1 deals.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
If Habs want a LHD Canucks have lots of options: Hutton-rfa end of year, Del Zotto ufa, Edler, ufa, Pouliot rfa

Canucks likely need to move a F at some point also with Roussel back. So we can add a F to a D. Edler has full ntc, so as much as I want him to waive at some point by the deadline he is least likely off that list above to be available.

Maybe Hutton is your best option on D as he is controllable?

I didnt read 9 pages, what are the top moveable F's on Montreal that would be available?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad