TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If Habs want a LHD Canucks have lots of options: Hutton-rfa end of year, Del Zotto ufa, Edler, ufa, Pouliot rfa

Canucks likely need to move a F at some point also with Roussel back. So we can add a F to a D. Edler has full ntc, so as much as I want him to waive at some point by the deadline he is least likely off that list above to be available.

Maybe Hutton is your best option on D as he is controllable?

I didnt read 9 pages, what are the top moveable F's on Montreal that would be available?

Sherback, Peca, Shaw, Plekanec

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The point of trading a forward is to free up a roster spot. No point getting another one back. It will be for a pick a prospect, a defenseman or 2for1 deals.
I said somewhere else in reference to Kassian for a reason as we move him to another team and then trade a low pick to Montreal for a warm body, also not to be forgotten is he was with Montreal previously and was traded shortly after an incident that put him in the NHL's substance abuse program.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Sherback, Peca, Shaw, Plekanec

Scherbak and Shaw would be of interest from me, but think we signed Roussel to be our Shaw type of player? No idea if we would have interest in him or Scherbak as we have Goldobin doing decent and Dahlen in the A

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I think one of Hudon, Shaw, DLR or Plakanec will be traded.

My bet is MB is looking to trade either Hudon or Plekanec for draft picks
It would be really dumb for them to turf those two... Hudon is a great little player and that would be a PR nightmare if they traded Plekanec before he reached 1000 GP with the habs

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
:habs
Jake Gardiner+Extension

:leafs
Jonathan Drouin

Edit: Just realized the premise of the Habs trading a forward is to cut down the # of forwards on their roster.
Why would the Leafs want Drouin? They don't need more skilled wingers; they have tons of them.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They wouldn't dare trade a french boy
Need a French...
Most of the proposals on here won’t work because they don’t reduce the number of NHL players. Montreal is making players available because if they don’t trade 1 or 2 players then they are going to lose them on waivers for nothing. Any trade will be for picks, prospects, or 2 for 1 type deals.
...prospect? Preferably a D?

POJ+? for Drouin?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Really not bad. At least it caught my eyes as i like Nylander alot and he would fit the Habs better than Drouin. Though, getting Gardiner does not solve our LHD issue, at least long term. My target would be Dermott. Don't know if something is workable though.

so wait you wanna turn drouin into nylander and dermott?

lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
How about Puljujarvi + 2019 1st (top 5 protected)?

so a dude that was taken 4th overall + likely a top 10 pick?

Drouins value was at an all time high when bergevin traded for him. if his 46pt/-28 season didnt sink it, his miserable 1 assist start certaintly has. I doubt the oilers weould even give up their 1st for drouin, let alone add poolparty

Reactions: TFHockey

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd take Nylander over Xavier LaFlamme by quite a bit personally. And I think the values of Gardiner and Petry are close to a wash. No thanks.

obviously. the back to back 60+pt guy who is younger over the 1 time 50pt player

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
so a dude that was taken 4th overall + likely a top 10 pick?

Drouins value was at an all time high when bergevin traded for him. if his 46pt/-28 season didnt sink it, his miserable 1 assist start certaintly has. I doubt the oilers weould even give up their 1st for drouin, let alone add poolparty

Although Drouin has more talent than Gallagher I think Gallagher is worth more to Edmonton. Drouin, and maybe this is just me, doesn't seem like a guy who "buys in". If I am way off base Habs fans I apologize. I just get this vibe from him. He doesn't seem to be a team player to me.

Gallagher is the exact opposite.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
the habs couldnt use a guy that would jump in as their #1 prospect right away (with Kotkanmiemi an NHLer)?

yeah thats pretty silly

Habs are stocked at RHD with Weber, Petry, Juulsen and Brook coming (if you don’t know him yet you’ll get to know him at the WJC).

Adding Liljigren would be a waste of assets. You don’t trade from a position of need to a position of strength.

Same goes for Nylander. He’s a good piece but we absolutely don’t need him. He would be an (expensive) luxury.

We are interested in top 6 C (23-28 years old) and young top 4 LHD (19-24). Nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->