TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
the habs couldnt use a guy that would jump in as their #1 prospect right away (with Kotkanmiemi an NHLer)?

yeah thats pretty silly

We need LHD not RHD. And no Liljegren wouldn't be our best prospect imo, even with Kotkaniemi being in the NHL. But hey, Habs fans overvalue their prospects all the time so i have no problem with Leafs fans doing the same.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Although Drouin has more talent than Gallagher I think Gallagher is worth more to Edmonton. Drouin, and maybe this is just me, doesn't seem like a guy who "buys in". If I am way off base Habs fans I apologize. I just get this vibe from him. He doesn't seem to be a team player to me.

Gallagher is the exact opposite.

I agree with you 100%. But Drouin got so much skills taht i'm pretty sure GM's would pay more to gamble on him. That's only my opinion though.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
so a dude that was taken 4th overall + likely a top 10 pick?

Drouins value was at an all time high when bergevin traded for him. if his 46pt/-28 season didnt sink it, his miserable 1 assist start certaintly has. I doubt the oilers weould even give up their 1st for drouin, let alone add poolparty

Puljujarvi does not hold that value anymore. Remember Yakupov??

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
the habs couldnt use a guy that would jump in as their #1 prospect right away (with Kotkanmiemi an NHLer)?

yeah thats pretty silly

Suzuki would remain MTL #1 prospect ahead of Lilly and maybe even Poehling. Gallagher produce over 30 goals last year while playing with the back hole Plekanec can you imagine how many goals he could get with Matthews or Tavares?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

yeah thats pretty silly

It's pretty debatable that Liljigren would be Montreal's top prospect. He'd be anywhere between 1st to 3rd (excluding Kotkaniemi) ATM. And that proposal really doesn't understand Gallagher's on-ice or off-ice value to Montreal. Excluding his excellent contract.

Gallagher would be incredibly expensive to acquire right now.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Puljujarvi does not hold that value anymore. Remember Yakupov??

Puljujarvi isn't Yakupov 2.0 If anyone actually watched these two players ever play the game it would become obvious.

Yakupov had speed and a great release, but he was never taught at any level of hockey how to play in his own zone. Or the neutral zone. Yak would turn the puck over on the opposing blueline, skate as fast as he could to get back to his own zone, and then literally look around and have no idea where to go or who to cover. Eakins made him point to the player he was supposed to cover so the coaches knew he was aware of his surroundings. It was painful to watch. A total failure of the organization in developing this player. He should've been in the AHL for a minimum of 3 years before ever seeing the NHL. Poor kid.

Puljujarvi has a much better understanding of the game and is a different player altogether.

If you mean to imply Puljujarvi is a bust I think calling him that at 20 years old is a bit of a stretch. Oiler fans liked what they saw of him in the pre-season. He is also a big kid, 6'4" 201 lbs. Edmonton should be given time for their kids to develop. Not everyone can be Laine.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree with you 100%. But Drouin got so much skills taht i'm pretty sure GM's would pay more to gamble on him. That's only my opinion though.

Agreed. It's the same thought process with Patch. Fans focus at players who are not trending well and ignore the teams talent they play with. NHL GM's will factor in what an asset like Drouin does on their team. A team like the Kings or Ducks would love to add a top 6 forward like Drouin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Scherbak/Hudon/de la Rose is likely the player traded.

Take DLR out. We need him at center at the bottom of the line-up. Pleky won't be around forever and who knows how good/bad Peca is.

I think it comes down to Scherbak, Hudon, Shaw. If a team wants DLR, they will have to pry him away from us. Yeah, he lacks offense but he is a big body that is very mobile. His value to the Habs is more than most admit. Even considering that his a 3rd line center best case.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Scherbak/Hudon/de la Rose is likely the player traded.

Yep, one of those.

It's silly for everyone to look for a blockbuster when its just a number's game involving the lower ranked players. MTL wouldn't trade Gallagher in order to keep Scherbak or DLR.

It's a shame if Scherbak is traded because he wasn't given the chance to perform this season (apart a bit in preseason where he was not bad, not great).

The other guy I could see traded is possibly Andrew Shaw. In all cases, it's not a knock on a player, but just a numbers game.

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
what ? Petry is #13 best D in the league in Advanced stats.... can score 45p+ and defend like a top pairing D..
gallagher can scores 40+ with an elite center and his a future Marchand....

Please, Toronto, please Watch some hockey apart from the Maple leafs....

Love Gally, but he'll never have Marchand's hands and speed.

I'd rather see him as a better Patric Hornqvist.

Reactions: jfhabs

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
what ? Petry is #13 best D in the league in Advanced stats.... can score 45p+ and defend like a top pairing D..
gallagher can scores 40+ with an elite center and his a future Marchand....

Please, Toronto, please Watch some hockey apart from the Maple leafs....

I’m very high on both Petry and Gallagher (especially Gallagher) but that’s pushing it hard.

Petry is definitely an elite #3 and Gallagher has the potential to be a 30-35G 25-30A player, but I doubt he will ever reach 40.

Last edited:
Reactions: logik47

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Yep, one of those.

It's silly for everyone to look for a blockbuster when its just a number's game involving the lower ranked players. MTL wouldn't trade Gallagher in order to keep Scherbak or DLR.

It's a shame if Scherbak is traded because he wasn't given the chance to perform this season (apart a bit in preseason where he was not bad, not great).

The other guy I could see traded is possibly Andrew Shaw. In all cases, it's not a knock on a player, but just a numbers game.

Shaw's contract makes him untreadable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad