Bergevin Needs to get fired

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
He had to sign Price, obviously wasnt going to trade him when his contract was up a few years after his Hart season

Weber was the best he could get for Subban, a move he also "had" to make, which obviously was the right one seeing what PK has become

Reactions: Lolonegoal

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
It's interesting, 3 weeks ago on here I said that once the shooting % comes down, Habs will be in big trouble because of how bad Price looks. Habs fans strongly disagreed.

Price and Bobrovsky will both be backups with the 2 highest contrcats for goalies.

I said this over 2 years ago that Price after his injuries is no longer the great goalie he was and his contract is a anker on the Habs going forward. I got a lot of push back from Hab fans telling me that I was wrong and a idiot. Price is no longer the goalie he was. As a Price fan this make me sad but it is what it is.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Look at Drouin and Kotkaniemi’s stats. Two players who were expected to put up first line numbers .

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Look at Drouin and Kotkaniemi’s stats. Two players who were expected to put up first line numbers .
Nobody realistic has had those expectations for Drouin since 2015. He was scoring at 0.59 pts/game before the current season. He is at 0.68 pts/game on the season. He is doing what he is supposed to do for a 5.5M$/season secondary player.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
It's kind of hilarious how so much has turned the past 3 week. Bergevin was being handed GM of the year by the media.

Habs are very badly built. And not much they can do. They locked themselves into even more bad contracts this offseason
Kind of hilarious that the people criticizing the people for judging the team based on their success in the first 3 weeks, are now going all out on judging them based on their last 3 weeks.

They'll likely even out somewhere in the middle. With this season and the divisions we might not even know how good teams are until the conference finals.

Reactions: MarkyMarkov

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Their history stopped in the late 70's and have done nothing since then and will continue to do nothing as long as the Habs keep hiring head coaches and GM's based on language. Almost 50 years of suckage and counting. But at least the coach and GM can talk to the 2 reporters in their language.
50 years of suckage? You know in that time period they've won 8 cups, right?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
not really... Drouin still has 13 points in 19 games, his pace is no different than any other season. KK sure could be better, but no way did we expect a 20 year old to put up 1st line numbers

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Should have flipped Subban for high picks and top prospects ,moved on from Price and rebuilt the entire core of the organisation. You guys probably laugh at me saying that but I remember back in the day there was a very vocal group on the habs boards that wanted this instead of the Weber trade. I was one of them and it would have saved us from 5 years of more mediocrity and maybe we could have a couple top picks to our name. I also understand why Bergevin and Molson don't care about rebuilding and would want to just make the playoffs every year $$$

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
when i criticized mb before the season started for overpaying in basically all his moves this off-season and burning all cap flexibility within a matter of weeks, i got a lot of heat from the montreal fan base. they defended his moves, as being the cure to their weaknesses. i always felt, they completely ignored the cap implications.
i still think, montreal can make the po this season. i still think they can be competitive mid-term. but they will require another rebuild before becoming a true sc contender and i don't think this will happen before the price contract is off their books.
the alternative scenario would have been to further build through the draft. keep cap flexibility by not spending to the limit, add helpful pieces with shorter term or get paid to accept short term cap dumps. i don't think the two options would have been massively different in terms of results. but once price and weber come off the books, they should have already had a young and competitive core with ample cap space to fill the few holes in their roster.

Reactions: Maelpj93

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
when i criticized mb before the season started for overpaying in basically all his moves this off-season and burning all cap flexibility within a matter of weeks, i got a lot of heat from the montreal fan base. they defended his moves, as being the cure to their weaknesses. i always felt, they completely ignored the cap implications.
i still think, montreal can make the po this season. i still think they can be competitive mid-term. but they will require another rebuild before becoming a true sc contender and i don't think this will happen before the price contract is off their books.
the alternative scenario would have been to further build through the draft. keep cap flexibility by not spending to the limit, add helpful pieces with shorter term or get paid to accept short term cap dumps. i don't think the two options would have been massively different in terms of results. but once price and weber come off the books, they should have already had a young and competitive core with ample cap space to fill the few holes in their roster.
It would make too much sense for this joke of an organization, helas.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Their forwards had unsustainable shooting %. Was always going to come down. They don;t have a strong group of forwards at all.

You need elite talent to win. Montreal lacks it. And take alook at Ottawa's talent. Montreal will be way down the North or Atlantic for a long time.

Habs and Leafsa are major contenders to reach the finals. They'll be much more well rested than their opponents

:huh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Where are those off season posts claiming he had the best off season of any GM????

He had to sign Price, obviously wasnt going to trade him when his contract was up a few years after his Hart season

Weber was the best he could get for Subban, a move he also "had" to make, which obviously was the right one seeing what PK has become

Fans would have lost their shorts but he very well could have traded Price. Yea, there'd of been a ton of criticism but it would have given them some good assets to start a rebuild. Instead they are stuck in no mans land for at least 3 or 4 seasons.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Where are those off season posts claiming he had the best off season of any GM????

Fans would have lost their shorts but he very well could have traded Price. Yea, there'd of been a ton of criticism but it would have given them some good assets to start a rebuild. Instead they are stuck in no mans land for at least 3 or 4 seasons.

His acquisitions have been great. It's the long time vets sucking.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He should have been fired years ago. There was no accountability for years of failure and that seeps through the rest of the organization. He did well this offseason, but he's had years to implement his vision and the Habs are still stuck between being just okay and just a little bad.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
But but 3 weeks ago he was the best

Montreal just sucks top to bottom. Need a serious rebuild. Zero top end talent, horrible
Contracts etc.

start over from scratch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad