Bergevin Needs to get fired

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
It's interesting, 3 weeks ago on here I said that once the shooting % comes down, Habs will be in big trouble because of how bad Price looks. Habs fans strongly disagreed.

Price and Bobrovsky will both be backups with the 2 highest contrcats for goalies.

Good call. I had made a bet with some Habs fans after they beat the Sens a couple weeks ago by the skin of their teeth, that they would start losing the rest of their games in February. They've won one after that.

Laffyqc93

Feb 17, 2021
He builded his team around Shea Weber and Carey Price 2 members of Team Canada who are very respected around the league. Both are old and their good days are behind !

For real She Weber is very slow and would be a #3 defence man everywhere and is still get #1 ice time because he’s Mr.Canada and has leadership.

Same thing with Price he is done but he won Olympic gold medal ect.. and he is very respected.

Leadership is so overated just do like Ottawa did and rebuild around kokatniemi , Suzuki and Romanov give the team to the kids.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It legit feels like a few weeks ago according to fans they were the best team in the north (with some fans seeing in the league). Best defense, deepest. I don't see any of that. Weber - Chariot are a terrible, terrible top pairing right now. Price looks cooked. KK is going the route of Galchenyuk, and Suzuki is in a sophomore slump when they need him most.

Daneault went from being good to terrible. No good defensively and isn't scoring. It's just a bad hockey team. And it was only a few weeks ago that people were signing Bergevin's praises.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
The poor guy’s been through too much lately...

03CC9DB2-1E3B-4F56-B14F-C2A5D644D870.jpeg

Laffyqc93

Feb 17, 2021
He builded his team around Shea Weber and Carey Price 2 members of Team Canada who are very respected around the league. Both are old and their good days are behind !

For real She Weber is very slow and would be a #3 defence man everywhere and is still get #1 ice time because he’s Mr.Canada and has leadership.

Same thing with Price he is done but he won Olympic gold medal ect.. and he is very respected.

Leadership is so overated just do like Ottawa did and rebuild around kokatniemi , Suzuki and Romanov give the team to the kids.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's kind of hilarious how so much has turned the past 3 week. Bergevin was being handed GM of the year by the media.

Habs are very badly built. And not much they can do. They locked themselves into even more bad contracts this offseason

Actually, that's one of the few positives right now. None of the contracts this off season we signed are really bad. Toffoli is a steal at his price, Anderson is among the few who shows up consistently and Edmundson is fine. The issue is our expensive players aren't playing anywhere near where they should. Weber and Price, in particular, look like absolute shells of themselves right now. In the case of Weber, he's doing way too much and overcompensating as a result. Price... I don't even know where to begin with him. It's starting to feel like he cashed in and just doesn't care anymore.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Actually, that's one of the few positives right now. None of the contracts this off season we signed are really bad. Toffoli is a steal at his price, Anderson is among the few who shows up consistently and Edmundson is fine. The issue is our expensive players aren't playing anywhere near where they should. Weber and Price, in particular, look like absolute shells of themselves right now. In the case of Weber, he's doing way too much and overcompensating as a result. Price... I don't even know where to begin with him. It's starting to feel like he cashed in and just doesn't care anymore.

I do think Josh Anderson got way too many years and he's injured again tonight. Risky contact. Cap isn't too bad, but 7 years? And as much as Gallagher is beloved he'll be 29 in year 1 of the new deal. With his small frame and style of play? Likely passed his peak by year 2 of the deal.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He should have been Fired in 2017 after losing to the Rangers in 6 after having choked and missed the playoffs in 2016.

2018 --> horrible year for them some how retains his job

2019--> Are very close to a playoff team but not quite there and miss with 96 points. How is he still the GM for tha habs? The habs never entered a rebuild? How was managment okay with missing back to back playoffs and 3 in 4 years with the same GM?

2020 --> His habs team are positioned 24th best in the league come the break. COVID saves the habs letting them get into the playins and win a series. Somehow this is enough to overlook how poor the habs were in the year and were 99% assured to miss the playoffs for the third year in a row before the break

2021 --> CAD division, comes out the gates has the habs in 1st only to find they can beat on the Canucks. Team is fading fast and hard. 4th in the division due to Calgary playing like shit. The habs dont look like a playoff team at all and they fired Julien. Bergervin should be fired in 2 games if the habs losing strikes reaches 5

How a GM can be so incompetent and build consistently non playoff teams while trying to compete and win and still retain his job is beyond me. As a leaf fan I'm delighted to see habs suck but serious how are habs fans/Ownership fine with this level of failure the past 6 years.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015

To be fair I'd much rather have Weber than Subban and at the point when Subban's contract is up in 22-23 the Habs have paid the bulk of Weber's actual money already and could buy out the last 4 years for 500k a year for 8 years if they wanted to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->