Bergevin Needs to get fired

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I think it's important for people to step back and assess how much they bought into the media narrative that they were the best in the North.
Those who decided to form their own opinions thought otherwise.

The media sells content. Not information.
Caveat Emptor.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I said this over 2 years ago that Price after his injuries is no longer the great goalie he was and his contract is a anker on the Habs going forward. I got a lot of push back from Hab fans telling me that I was wrong and a idiot. Price is no longer the goalie he was. As a Price fan this make me sad but it is what it is.
Anyone with perspective knew the Price contract was a disaster, even before it was official.
GM's have very difficult decisions to make for time to time. Probably his most difficult was what to do with Price when it was contract time. Sign him to a bad contract and eventually get destroyed in the media or trade him and immediately get destroyed in the media.
He chose wrong. Obviously.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
He signed Price to save his job....fans in Montreal haven't forgotten the Patrick Roy incident, fans are to blame for this. Any Habs GM who start's a fight or trades his top goalie would be removed from his post quickly due to pressure.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I've pointed this out before but if you ask me, it makes his tenure being this long even more puzzling:

Since he took over, the Canadiens haven't had consecutive seasons where their point total went up.
If you pro rate shortened seasons.
One step forward,
One step back.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Wait, I thought Burger van was GM of the year candidate? Oh what a difference a month makes !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->