Friedman: Bergevin’s asks for Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I don't believe in that at all. It's like selling your house, you wait for your price.
I like the house analogy as most people can relate to it.

So why are you selling your house? Looking for a larger one? Downgrading? Lost your job and cant afford it anymore? Wife got a big promotion but job is 1000 miles away? Or simply trying to make huge profit since your area is growing and not really looking to move.

Why would you sell/trade Max?

There are serious and logical reasons to do so.

Once you make your mind you are better off selling, you suddenly become more open to negotiation.

There are other houses for sale in your area you know.

Already gave the keys to your nice cottage to Dallas (Radulov).

Waiting for your price? I dont think so.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think the scientific value Max Pac represents could boost his return in trade. Very rare opportunity to study how a top 5 goal scorer is 10th in goals and 15th in goals per game. One of the games great mysteries.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

So why are you selling your house? Looking for a larger one? Downgrading? Lost your job and cant afford it anymore? Wife got a big promotion but job is 1000 miles away? Or simply trying to make huge profit since your area is growing and not really looking to move.

Once you make your mind you are better off selling, you suddenly become more open to negotiation.

Pacioretty wants out IMO. He wants a new start elsewhere and doesn't see eye in eye with Bergevin. It's a divorce... but both are welling to wait for the best opportunity (Pacioretty would like Florida for example and Bergevin needs a Center in return).

Habs can wait in the offseason where there are more teams and options to trade Pacioretty.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Pacioretty wants out IMO. He wants a new start elsewhere and doesn't see eye in eye with Bergevin. It's a divorce... but both are welling to wait for the best opportunity (Pacioretty would like Florida for example and Bergevin needs a Center in return).

Habs can wait in the offseason where there are more teams and options to trade Pacioretty.
Last part of your comment i am not in agreement but i read it often so i guess there something i am missing.

Top teams entering the playoffs did load on guys like Nash, Kane. Not sure why they would be more willing after the playoffs. Bergevin was again playing hardball with possible partners? Could be. Teams were not really interested in him? Less likely to me.

Bubble teams? Why would They suddenly look to deal for Max for lets say a first and a prospect after the playoffs when they could have used him now if they had any interest at all to begin with.

Bottom teams? Even less likely to have any interest in Max if they are rebuilding.

There will not be many teams fighting over Max. Will be a buyers market imo. Price of the home will drop cause i agree about your other analogy with the divorce. Got to sell.

For the record i would like my team to get Max at a discount: mid first and mid level prospect.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Last part of your comment i am not in agreement but i read it often so i guess there something i am missing.

Top teams entering the playoffs did load on guys like Nash, Kane. Not sure why they would be more willing after the playoffs. Bergevin was again playing hardball with possible partners? Could be. Teams were not really interested in him? Less likely to me.

Bubble teams? Why would They suddenly look to deal for Max for lets say a first and a prospect after the playoffs when they could have used him now if they had any interest at all to begin with.

Bottom teams? Even less likely to have any interest in Max if they are rebuilding.

There will not be many teams fighting over Max. Will be a buyers market imo. Price of the home will drop cause i agree about your other analogy with the divorce. Got to sell.

For the record i would like my team to get Max at a discount: mid first and mid level prospect.

I think Bergevin seeks a hockey deal for Pacioretty and he's not interested in prospects only. Galchenyuk/Pacioretty for Coyle would be something I could see being done this summer.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

one huge difference though. in this scenario, if you dont sell your house in a year you lose it for nothing AND the closer you get to that 1 year deadline, the less and less its worth

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
You are delusional.

He has very little value, NOBODY WANTS HIM

And from the amount of Astroturfing that has been directed towards this board from certain NHL teams, I can tell you that the opinions of posters on this board matter VERY MUCH to GM's,

They spend money trying to manipulate it......money that exists in "Reality"

If you are still unsure as to what reality is, reverse the opinion you have of Pacs worth....there you go, THAT'S REALITY

Dude I suggest you take up another sport. You have no ability to value hockey players. Imagine thinking hfboards is representative of the real NHL. What a life you must have

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dude I suggest you take up another sport. You have no ability to value hockey players. Imagine thinking hfboards is representative of the real NHL. What a life you must have
Hey Omar.Don't feed the trolls.Better just to put them on ignore.

Reactions: Omar

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I could see Florida offering McCann, a 21 year old nhl ready center prospect plus a second rounder or something similar :dunno:

But for a one year rental, there's just no point giving up more for him from. At least not from Florida's POV.

A year later he may be gone.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
if as some hab fans have said, he wants to be traded then that does lower his value, thats incontrovertible, you have to consider if your an opposing gm, does he want to be here? and was his downturn in montreal a function of being unhappy, in montreal or worse a sign of diminishing skills. opposing GM's can not know the answer to this at the present time. that makes acquiring him a risk, and as we all know most GM's are averse to risk

that honestly leaves only one resolution: wait until next season. Bergevin needs to have a talk with Pacioretty and get on the same page and let Pacioretty's play determine his value. hab fans have to realize that while he is a 5 time 30 goal scorer, his percieved value is not that right now..... and the only way to restore it is for pacioretty to play better.

in truth it appears that Habs fans general insistence on trading him is the fear that he is no longer the player he was and that they need to move him now before his value gets tarnished even further, If that is truly not the case, then there would be no reason not to keep him. since a better season would only raise his value....

I doubt the hypocrites like Omar and Draft Day would admit this, but the true Hab fan should

Last edited:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Hey, like any negotiable trade or purchase, the asset isn't always worth what is offered or traded for.

If Bergy went buck wild and accepted Patches for a mid-2nd rounder, it doesn't mean Patches was worth nothing, it just means that's all he got for him at the time. Good on him for asking for the moon. If he got it, Patches isn't worth that much in general either, but he still got it.

And if he was in a position where he absolutely needed to trade Patches (lord knows he wasn't in a rush to spend extra cap space for good players that he already had...*grumble*), then he wouldn't have asked for as much.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Habs really have nothing a team would want in return for a top top C.

You're entitled to that opinion but I don't share it. They have weak organizational quality depth, however, they have some assets they can move. Only one way to find out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is hilarious. You really think GM's come here and base their decisions off of an internet forum ? That is laughable.

Of course they do. Plus, because of this forum, all veterans are crap and all teams should be trading their best assets for futures. Get with the program.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Makes sense. There were a few MTL fans who thought DET should give up Mantha + for MaxPac. No thanks.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Pacioretty wants to stay... Listen to his interviews

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stupid Bergevin and his stupid requests. What did he want for PK again? Drai+1st+Klefbom? Then he went with Weber of all returns.

Ultimately, this will be the greatest depressor of Pacioretty's value, there's no getting around it. Bergevin can be had, he's easily with Chiarelli, one of the most incompetent GMs of the league.

However, there is no truth to Pacioretty asking to be traded. He's never made the request. He's one of the few players who lives in Montreal year-round. And on Monday when players cleaned their lockers, Pacioretty was asked about his future and he was adamant, he wants to stay.

Based on the info we have, that has been made public and comes from credible mainstream sources, he has never asked for a trade.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Ultimately, this will be the greatest depressor of Pacioretty's value, there's no getting around it. Bergevin can be had, he's easily with Chiarelli, one of the most incompetent GMs of the league.

However, there is no truth to Pacioretty asking to be traded. He's never made the request. He's one of the few players who lives in Montreal year-round. And on Monday when players cleaned their lockers, Pacioretty was asked about his future and he was adamant, he wants to stay.

Based on the info we have, that has been made public and comes from credible mainstream sources, he has never asked for a trade.

you aware pacioretty spends most of his summer in florida right?
ANY player who is asked if they want to stay with their current team says yes. Drouin did it ( asked for trade) Now lets find out the others this Summer! Tavares, Karlsson.
It's common sense you don't go out in the media saying no i want to be traded when you haven't been traded yet.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
you aware pacioretty spends most of his summer in florida right?
ANY player who is asked if they want to stay with their current team says yes. Drouin did it ( asked for trade) Now lets find out the others this Summer! Tavares, Karlsson.
It's common sense you don't go out in the media saying no i want to be traded when you haven't been traded yet.

I don't make it a point to delve into Pacioretty's personal life. I merely stated what he said to the press on Monday.

Of course, I am well aware what most players say when asked about their interest in remaining with the team they're in, it's captain obvious material. At no time did I intend to suggest what he may have done behind the scenes.

The only reason I brought it up was to oppose what another poster claimed that he had information that Pacioretty asked for a trade. Maybe he did or maybe he didn't, but from what has been reported, there is no credible source at this time that confirms that he did. That is all. No need to regurgitate points that are incredibly evident.

Last edited:

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
You are delusional.

He has very little value, NOBODY WANTS HIM

And from the amount of Astroturfing that has been directed towards this board from certain NHL teams, I can tell you that the opinions of posters on this board matter VERY MUCH to GM's,

They spend money trying to manipulate it......money that exists in "Reality"

If you are still unsure as to what reality is, reverse the opinion you have of Pacs worth....there you go, THAT'S REALITY

Hahahaha, please stop I can't :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad