Friedman: Bergevin’s asks for Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
honest question for hab fans:

what I find funny is for all their insistence on how great he is, they all want to get rid of him,

in the numerous threads there have been Ive seen maybe 3 fans say We should keep him. and before the Hab fans saying we need to improve our team and must trade him start screaming en masse, you do have other assets to trade, do you not?

in roughly 30 threads not a single one has ended with fans of other teams agreeing on a value for patches that habs fans accept

sooner or later you have to realize your beating a dead horse and recognize your value assessment is off

why not trade gallagher instead of Pacioretty at least he actually did score 30 this season and keep Pacioretty in his place?

doesnt that at least bring you closer to an agreeable resolution?

If he wasn't captain of the habs on a terrible team without a center we would not want to get rid of him for all the Nash's, Toffoli's and shitty first round picks in the world. As it stands he's an asset that needs to be moved for the team to rebuild.

It's because the team needs to get younger and Pacioretty is miscast. If he's your captain and best forward you're screwed. His contract situation also necessitates either a trade or long-term extension. He needs to be a complimentary goal scorer and he'll thrive. I have no doubt he'll go back to 30+ goals next year. Maybe he will finally get to 40 on the right team. Florida would be perfect for him. No media or fan pressure and no one will recognize him away from the rink.

Yarp

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
If he wasn't captain of the habs on a terrible team without a center we would not want to get rid of him for all the Nash's, Toffoli's and ****ty first round picks in the world. As it stands he's an asset that needs to be moved for the team to rebuild.

but if thats true why him, thats a bullshit excuse, you have other players you can trade. NOBODY wants him at the value you set for him, that much is obvious in over 30 threads already
so since you think he's valuable and nobody is willing to give you what you think he's worth, why keep beating a dead horse? youre not gonna force anyone to give you more than THEY think he's worth. so why keep banging your head on a wall.

you have other assets to trade use them

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
but if thats true why him, thats a bull**** excuse, you have other players you can trade. NOBODY wants him at the value you set for him, that much is obvious in over 30 threads already
so since you think he's valuable and nobody is willing to give you what you think he's worth, why keep beating a dead horse? youre not gonna force anyone to give you more than THEY think he's worth. so why keep banging your head on a wall.

Believe it or not at 28 he's the oldest forward on the team

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
honest question for hab fans:

what I find funny is for all their insistence on how great he is, they all want to get rid of him,

in the numerous threads there have been Ive seen maybe 3 fans say We should keep him. and before the Hab fans saying we need to improve our team and must trade him start screaming en masse, you do have other assets to trade, do you not?

in roughly 30 threads not a single one has ended with fans of other teams agreeing on a value for patches that habs fans accept

sooner or later you have to realize your beating a dead horse and recognize your value assessment is off

why not trade gallagher instead of Pacioretty at least he actually did score 30 this season and keep Pacioretty in his place?

doesnt that at least bring you closer to an agreeable resolution?

The Habs need a center so badly that they will move Patches to get one. It really is that simple. (also alot of Hab hardcore fans still blame him for the Subban trade)

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The Habs need a center so badly that they will move Patches to get one. It really is that simple. (also alot of Hab hardcore fans still blame him for the Subban trade)
My question is, who is willing to trade a legit center fir patches a lw with 1 year. I just don't think it's going to happen. You could probably get a wing or defensive prospect and a 1st. I just don't think your going to get your center through patches

Reactions: go4hockey

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
A lot of tv analysts and fans are saying that Pacioretty is as good as gone in Montreal. Mario Tremblay reports that Max ask he’s agent just before the trade deadline to be traded to Florida. I don’t know, I’m really confused on what to do with Max. I’m leaning towards maybe MB will trade Galchenyuk and keep Max.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
A lot of tv analysts and fans are saying that Pacioretty is as good as gone in Montreal. Mario Tremblay reports that Max ask he’s agent just before the trade deadline to be traded to Florida. I don’t know, I’m really confused on what to do with Max. I’m leaning towards maybe MB will trade Galchenyuk and keep Max.
see thats my feeling as well, to me, max is an all time great for the habs, he's had one bad season but just like Subban and Markov they are running him out the door. like hes a criminal. I see no reason to try nd force him on anybody when nobody seem willing to pay the price that they seemingly want. all they are really doing is running his value into the ground

Pacioretty has played his heart out for the habs and quite honestly very few Hab fans have stopped and said "what the hell are we doing here? "this is a guy we should cherish for all hes done and instead of showing him the door disrespectfully, give him the honored stats he should have earned

instead of seeing habs fans upset that bergevin is disrespecting his legacy, they are complaining about how no one will pay what hes worth and how unfair other fans are for not valuing him highly enough. NEWSFLASH people, pacioretty played for the habs, he wore bleu, blanc et rouge, and if YOU dont respect him enough for all he did FOR you to keep him, why the hell would fans of other teams want to pay that price for a guy your showing the door?

to me thats the ultimate in hypocracy.

The way I see it if ive got a franchise icon the only way I let him go is if im forced to, there are others i trade first even if I know I have to make trades to rebuild my franchise, I dont throw my heroes under the bus first, sure eventually they may ask to go elsewhere, and then its a sad goodbye but at least then its respectful and in a way semi honorable, but this way its been get him out of here, just like sbban and Markov and celebrate the assets we got and who gives a damn about the faltering hero.

as an islander fan I hate that Tavares might leave, and it makes me sad thathe might finish his career elsewhere, but im not gonna bury him before he goes. I would hope that all Islander fans respect him and are thankful for all he's given us. and except for a select few of you, I dont see much of that from habs fans and i see Tavares and Pacioretty as pretty much the same guy in different sweaters as far as what they've meant to their franchises.

except islander fans are desparately wanting Tavares to stay, while Habs fans cant wait for Pacioretty to be gone.

Habs fans probably dont lke it, but from the outside perspective thats how it appears

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My question is, who is willing to trade a legit center fir patches a lw with 1 year. I just don't think it's going to happen. You could probably get a wing or defensive prospect and a 1st. I just don't think your going to get your center through patches

No one believes that you're going to get a top top C using Pacioretty alone. Most of the posts I've seen are suggesting that a center could be had in a package -- the Habs would have to add.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I heard that rumor from the horse's mouth. Problem is that Mario Tremblay is very contentious and not a credible source. That said, I don't believe Pacioretty will remain with the team. Should be gone by the summer, whatever the return is.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I still think one of the destinations that makes the most sense if they move Pacioretty is Florida
I don't know what Tallon will want to give up, but the Panthers are one of the teams that make a lot of sense in bringing in a Patches in the off season.

Florida definitely isn't the team that should be looking at him.

Their best prospects are forwards, Borgstrom& Tippett whom both could be in the NHL next season. They have proven F core of Barkov, Trocheck, Dadonov& Huberdeau in place.

What they really need is a top4 RD at minimun, start looking at a longterm solution on net, new 4th line and top6 Rw on a short term contract.
They trade for Pac and they have money/assets for nothing else. Pac is screaming for mistake for a budget team with his next contract.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No one believes that you're going to get a top top C using Pacioretty alone. Most of the posts I've seen are suggesting that a center could be had in a package -- the Habs would have to add.

The Habs really have nothing a team would want in return for a top top C.

Reactions: go4hockey

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
but if thats true why him, thats a bull**** excuse, you have other players you can trade. NOBODY wants him at the value you set for him, that much is obvious in over 30 threads already

So first of all recognize that hfboards isn’t the NHL so nothing anyone says here matters in reality.

Pacioretty needs to move because he has the best value on our team to return what we need. Top 5 goal scorers over the last 5 or 6 years don’t grow on trees.

If you’re not interested that’s okay but don’t inflate the value of your opinion in the big picture.

Reactions: Runner77

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
lmao at that LA ask.

Any two of those LA pieces should get you pretty close to Pacioretty.

I wouldn't give up EITHER of those pieces for pax

Bergevin, Benning and the "loser" GM's of the NHL need to understand that nobody is going to help them, they shouldn't even be making calls, you can't make a deal from a position that weak,

They have to hunker down, save ALL their picks, draft as well as possible, and wait for the day someone calls THEM,

The idiot needed to get a first rounder, that's it! That would have been HUGE, but he wasted everyone's time with delusional fantasies if I was a GM, I might even consider deleting his number, asks like that are completely disconnected from reality, and clearly show he is not qualified to do the job he now holds.

Both he and Benning are two of the worst GM's this league has ever seen.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
So first of all recognize that hfboards isn’t the NHL so nothing anyone says here matters in reality.

Pacioretty needs to move because he has the best value on our team to return what we need. Top 5 goal scorers over the last 5 or 6 years don’t grow on trees.

If you’re not interested that’s okay but don’t inflate the value of your opinion in the big picture.

You are delusional.

He has very little value, NOBODY WANTS HIM

And from the amount of Astroturfing that has been directed towards this board from certain NHL teams, I can tell you that the opinions of posters on this board matter VERY MUCH to GM's,

They spend money trying to manipulate it......money that exists in "Reality"

If you are still unsure as to what reality is, reverse the opinion you have of Pacs worth....there you go, THAT'S REALITY

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I have no problem if true, you ask for the moon at TD. Some teams are desperate. We even traded Morrow for a 4th and Plekanec for a 2nd and 2 low prospects !

No, you don't.

That kind of B.S is a waste of time, GM's are busy at the deadline and don't want to play games

That's a good way to stop your phone rining

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
You are delusional.

He has very little value, NOBODY WANTS HIM

And from the amount of Astroturfing that has been directed towards this board from certain NHL teams, I can tell you that the opinions of posters on this board matter VERY MUCH to GM's,

They spend money trying to manipulate it......money that exists in "Reality"

If you are still unsure as to what reality is, reverse the opinion you have of Pacs worth....there you go, THAT'S REALITY

This is hilarious. You really think GM's come here and base their decisions off of an internet forum ? That is laughable.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad